Evil Subway - Read this if you eat at there!

Options

Replies

• parkchick
    Options
    Me too....me likes the spicy italian
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    We're all going to die.

are-you-threatening-me-thumb.jpg
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    When I smell a subway it make me nauseous. Subway=Fast food and if you're trying to live a healthier lifestyle, you should avoid it.

Not only is this absurd, it's incredibly damaging and counterproductive.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    When I smell a subway it make me nauseous. Subway=Fast food and if you're trying to live a healthier lifestyle, you should avoid it.

Sigh....

Double sigh......
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

Riiiight. Or I could just make sure it fits into my day and load up my sammich with veggies. Or will that kill me?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Subway is better than some other places, and I'm not going to stop eating there because you say that the ingredients in their food is questionable. The ingredients in Subway's bread are the same ingredients in the bread I buy at the grocery store.

I mean... you claim that I believe Subway's marketing that their food is healthy. But aren't you just believing someone else's propaganda that their food is unhealthy.

Marketing is everywhere. Even on those sites that tell you food is bad. Do you know why they claim something is bad? To get your attention so you will go to their page and be exposed to their advertisements. Show me a link to anything that claims Subway is bad AND doesn't have advertisements for other companies prominently displayed on their page.
  • abble_pie
    abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You can't beat the $3 breakfast combo!!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    so I should avoid subway because the smell makes you sick.

sounds legit.

but seriously...

healthier than what?

subway IS healthier than many peoples' current diet.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I'm sure he's long fled, but...
    Wow - So much hatred spewed out over all this! You people just LOVE telling someone they are an IDIOT don't you? What a lovely COMMUNITY we've become! 2 Years ago, I didn't see very much of this negativity here. MFP has grown up to be Facebook!

Now, on to my rebuttal to everyone who thinks I'm just a moron for posting an article like this!

I guess Im just disappointed that they use so many preservatives and artificial stuff (in bread they bake right in the store) and feel the need to add so many chemicals.

I fully knew that the meats and cheeses were processed and full of crap! But to put artificial colors in pickles or other chemicals in olives? Why? It's not needed?
    So it's ok to 'spew hatred' over some fast food company, but not people to point out the fallacy of this spewing of hatred?

Why does artificial=bad? What defines artificial vs not.

Does 'chemicals' = bad?

I presume you don't like that subway soaks their olives in a Lye solution?
    Like the vast majority of Olives, especially black ones.

And so on.

I LIKE that MFP is now more sceptical and does seem to focus a little more on useful real world information and less on 'supporting' people offering all sorts of biased make-believe :).
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Subway isn't evil. Besides, the girls that work there make excellent girlfriend/wife material.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Subway is better than some other places, and I'm not going to stop eating there because you say that the ingredients in their food is questionable. The ingredients in Subway's bread are the same ingredients in the bread I buy at the grocery store.

I mean... you claim that I believe Subway's marketing that their food is healthy. But aren't you just believing someone else's propaganda that their food is unhealthy.

Marketing is everywhere. Even on those sites that tell you food is bad. Do you know why they claim something is bad? To get your attention so you will go to their page and be exposed to their advertisements. Show me a link to anything that claims Subway is bad AND doesn't have advertisements for other companies prominently displayed on their page.

If you give them half a chance people will tell you not to eat that bread either. :flowerforyou:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Subway isn't evil. Besides, the girls that work there make excellent girlfriend/wife material.

Ummmm not sure what subways you are going to, but I am definitely not seeing bangabale/marriage/girlfriend type at mine...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Sigh....

Double sigh......

tripple sigh…and plows forehead into desk….
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

If you give them half a chance people will tell you not to eat that bread either. :flowerforyou:

Oh yes... but see... I'm not foolish enough to believe that "organic" bread is any better than my Sunbeam white bread. LOL!

If you didn't make it yourself, then you are just trusting the people that put it on the shelf one way or the other. I don't have time to make bread myself so.... Subway anyone?
  • ann121212
    ann121212 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Do you know the chemicals they may/can/do put into drinking water?

Aluminium sulfate
    Ammonia (ammonium hydroxide)
    Ammonium sulfate
    Calcium hydroxide
    Calcium hypochlorite
    Calcium oxide
    Calcium/sodium poly-phosphate
    silicate
    Carbon, powdered activated C
    Chlorine Cl2
    Copper sulfate
    Ferric chloride
    Ferric sulfate
    Hydro fluorosilicic acid
    (Fluorosilicic acid)
    Hydrogen peroxide
    Magne tite
    Polyaluminium chloride
    Polydimethyldiallyl ammonium
    chloride
    Polyacrylamides and acrylic acid
    (polymers and copolymers)
    Potassium permangana te
    Silver hydrogen peroxide
    Sodium alginate
    Sodium bicarbonate
    Sodium carbonate
    Sodium chloride
    Sodium fluoride
    Sodium fluorosilicate
    (Sodium silico fluoride)
    Sodium hexametaphospha te
    Sodium hydroxide
    Sodium hypochlorite
    Sodium silicate
    Sulphuric acid
    Zinc ortho-phosphate

Chemicals are everywhere
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Do you know the chemicals they may/can/do put into drinking water?

Aluminium sulfate
    Ammonia (ammonium hydroxide)
    Ammonium sulfate
    Calcium hydroxide
    Calcium hypochlorite
    Calcium oxide
    Calcium/sodium poly-phosphate
    silicate
    Carbon, powdered activated C
    Chlorine Cl2
    Copper sulfate
    Ferric chloride
    Ferric sulfate
    Hydro fluorosilicic acid
    (Fluorosilicic acid)
    Hydrogen peroxide
    Magne tite
    Polyaluminium chloride
    Polydimethyldiallyl ammonium
    chloride
    Polyacrylamides and acrylic acid
    (polymers and copolymers)
    Potassium permangana te
    Silver hydrogen peroxide
    Sodium alginate
    Sodium bicarbonate
    Sodium carbonate
    Sodium chloride
    Sodium fluoride
    Sodium fluorosilicate
    (Sodium silico fluoride)
    Sodium hexametaphospha te
    Sodium hydroxide
    Sodium hypochlorite
    Sodium silicate
    Sulphuric acid
    Zinc ortho-phosphate

Chemicals are everywhere

You forgot the most important chemical that is in drinking water. H2O.
  • ann121212
    ann121212 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I thought about adding that - but it seemed to be going overboard a bit :laugh:
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Meh! Won't stop me from eating there....... I've lost a few pounds eating my buffalo chicken on flatbread loaded with veggies and don't plan to stop anytime soon.......

Holy moly! Big congratulations on losing so much weight! You're so awesome!!
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    For the people whose tummies growl when they hear about a particular fast food restaurant using questionable ingredients or practices: what is a deal breaker for you? Is there a particular substance that would make you avoid the food or is anything short of food poisoning fair game?

What questionable ingredients or practices?
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

Pretty sure I already saw that earlier in the thread :tongue: