Lose 5 pounds a month SEPTEMBER 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too please (if I'm not too late)..although I'm not sure how this works so if someone would be lovely enough to explain it that would be great :)

We are pretty informal here. Post your weight and weigh-in once a week. If you are having a problem ask for advice. When you have success share so we can cheer for you.

Terri
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    I am surprised to say that I did reach the 5 lbs. in August and 1 to grow on for Sept. That means I reached my final goal! :smile:

I like keeping in the challenge for everything else. My challenge will most definately be NOT gaining 5lbs. in Sept. I will need your inspiration to keep me focused. This has always been my fear, even when I didn't think it was possible to reach my goal in the first place.

Off to a horrible start now that I'm back to work. Glad the kids come back Tuesday so there are no more lunches "out".

Thank you all for the support since March...it has meant the world to me. Keep up the good work and I hope to keep up with some of the tough fitness challenges on here.

That is amazing! Now into its time to maintain! Way to go!:drinker:
  • chriscuts
    Options
    Hi I'm in!! motivation is good at the moment, and this will keep me on track!

starting weight 142lbs

goal 137lbs
  • muffintop22
    Options
    I would like to join too please (if I'm not too late)..although I'm not sure how this works so if someone would be lovely enough to explain it that would be great :)

We are pretty informal here. Post your weight and weigh-in once a week. If you are having a problem ask for advice. When you have success share so we can cheer for you.

Terri

Thanks!!

Well my starting weight is 91kg (200 pounds) and my goal weight 65kg (145 pounds) but I'm hoping for 80kg (175 pounds) by January :)

Good luck everyone!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    So many new members I'll never be able to make individual comments, lol, but just know I think this is such a great group and love seeing all the members who want to stick with it and lose the weight and inches and gain confidence!!

I'm still in the Lake of the Ozarks, coming home sometime tomorrow so hopefully I can weigh in Tues. My sodium has been rough all weekend, we unfortunetly ran out of money for the weekend, including for both gas and food. Luckily, hubbys grandpa is helping us on the gas money part so we can get home in time for Nick to go back to work Tuesday. So, that means, food-wise, we eat whatever is in grandpas lake house...which is mashed potatoes and lots of hotdogs!! Oh, and bisquick, so we had to ask the neighbor for milk and eggs.. anywho, I've been fishing a lot this weekend, only caught 2 blue gills so far, but I did see a 24-26in carp chillin' by the seawall, if only I could catch him, I'd really make the guys jealous I caught a bigger fish :D

Not much for exercise this weekend, but I did not fall off the wagon, I had to temporarily jump off and just push it for everyone else, I'll climb back on Monday and start with a much needed walk through my neighborhood. 30day shred showed up in the mail on Thursday after we left, so I'm starting that Wed as Tue I'm training with Bernie(my friend who's doing the 5k in 2 weeks with me) so we can hopefully run the majority of the 5k.

Hope you all are having a great week!! New BMK challenge starts tomorrow, I'm just waiting to hear from my friend Melissa who picks for this week, once I hear from Melissa. Ta-ta for now!! XoxoxoX Bru
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Today was my long run of the week.....I DID MY FIRST 1/4 marathon....6.5 miles!!!!!!! Not quite a quarter marathon but I DID IT!

Have a great Sunday!

Terri

By the way....that burned 769 calories.
  • jesse14472
    Options
    Checking in:
    8/29 193.5
    9/5 192.5

Wasn't quite sure what to put down for my weigh in, since my scale gave me 4 different weights within a 15 min period. I'm throwing it out there and going with the lowest one!:tongue: It might be time to look into a new scale.
  • suckitup
    suckitup Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Today was my long run of the week.....I DID MY FIRST 1/4 marathon....6.5 miles!!!!!!! Not quite a quarter marathon but I DID IT!

Have a great Sunday!

Terri

Hey, that is a 10K right? I would LOVE to say that I could hang on that long. 3.5 miles is my max, but I'm trying. 6.5 is great...you should feel like a million right now! :smile:
  • TCASMEY
    Options

Have a great Sunday!

Terri

Hey, that is a 10K right? I would LOVE to say that I could hang on that long. 3.5 miles is my max, but I'm trying. 6.5 is great...you should feel like a million right now! :smile:

Its a little more than a 10k....a 10k is 6.2 miles. I am proud of myself but my feet hurt!:bigsmile:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Back from my anniversary trip, had a GREAT time...nice to say I still love my mate after 16 yrs. of wedded bliss, HA!!......Welcome to all the newcomers...hopefully you will love this group as much as I do.....all of Terri's infomative posts, all the BMK challanges and just all the support and motivation is AMAZING...I couldn't continue to do this without all of you.....THANKS!!!! anyhow, ate some wonderful (but fattening) foods the last 2 days but will be right back in it on Monday....and all my vacations and trips are finally over for a good little while so I should be set for a while.....have a healthy and safe holiday tomorrow, .....good night!!.....:drinker:
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm so ready for the new week to start! LOL My hubby had a surprise party for me Friday night for my bday, so eating was waaay off. Although I didn't eat cake!! So I'm ready to get back into a routine!
  • lizrha
    lizrha Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY want to take up the challenge :)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be in too please! I've been stuck around 190 since the start of the month, which is 5 (or more) lbs up from where I should have been if I hadn't been eating cookies, and other horrible foods. I want to make it back to 185 by the end of the month!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm in again.
    Starting: 9/1 177
    Goal: 9/30 172
  • saraegentry
    saraegentry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to hear what the challenge is for this week! :)
  • tashtranquillo
    Options
    ok ool i see how it works! my weight now is 64.7 and i wanna get down to 59 kilos in 5 weeks!!!

weigh in next week :s

good luck everyone :)
  • judswi
    judswi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    lost 1 lb last week this is the start of the second week so I hope to loose 1-2 lbs this week.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Morning one and all, anxiously awaiting this weeks BMK challange.....needing to get right back in it after celebrating for the last 2 days....we are going to have a bon-fire later today for the holiday when my husband gets home from work....a little chilly this am but think me and the kids are going to take a walk this morning....then go swimming when it heats up a little....Have a WONDERFUL holiday toda...hope everyone has the day off......:bigsmile:
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Well it hasn't been a week since my last weigh in but I would like to keep Sunday/Monday mornings.

Sept.1 - 147.5
    Sept. 6 - 145.5

SW: 147.5
    GW: 140 for now
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Good morning all!

I got a 55 minute bike ride, and lifting for the day. Now we are off to the Minnesota Zoo.

We went to Olive Garden last night. I am pretty sure I ate too much but...only 1 breadstick. And I ate the meat off my main course and about 1/4 of the pasta. Places like that are hard for me because I really do not like tomato sauces and I know the cream sauces are high in calories and fat. That is why I tried to only eat a small portion of it.

Ready for eating to beat belly fat

EAT MORE WHOLE GRAIN BREAD

Researchers at Penn State found that dieters who ate at least five servings of whole grains while following a low calorie diet shed 24 % more abdominal fat than whose who averaged the same number of calories but ate refined grains. To up your intake swap your cornflakes for oatmeal.d

EAT LESS PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED OIL

Researcher from Wake Forest University found eating a diet high in trans fats may actually cause fat in the body to redistribute itself to the belly. Because trans'fat free food can contain up to .5 grams of the stuff per serving scan ingredient list.