Lose 5 pounds a month SEPTEMBER 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• saraegentry
    saraegentry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    congrats on all the losses!

I weighed today. My official weigh in day is Saturday, but I like to weigh on Tuesday or Wednesday to make sure I'm headed in the right direction. If I haven't lost or have gained it's a nice wake up call that I need to get my butt in gear before Saturday!
    Anyway, I had lots 2 lbs! woohoo! Now to keep that loss or add to it before Saturday's official weigh in :) I have 1 more lb. to go before I hit my lowest adult weight :) 15 more lbs to go after that.
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    so sorry bru. I am glad he went to the doctor I hope everything is ok.

WOW sara thats amazing congratulations 1 pound away! thats awesome
  • gardens
    Options
    add me in, just started my fitness pal today and want to finish this challenge with a smile on my face.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'm checking in as this is the half way point. Ive lost 2 out of 5. I better do a little better for the second half of the month.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Well, sorry to update more about y personal life than my exercise/food, but I took Nick's Grandpa to the hospital this morning, I drove after trying to just walk about 15ft from his front door to the car he fell again. Got him there and registered at 9:30am and he was in his room by 11a. I'm home now, and it it officially a waiting game til they figure out what is wrong with him. Thank you all for the kind words and support, it helps a lot. These past few days have been emotionally and physically draining. Headed to get lunch now, have a good day all, and I'll be back as soon as I hear more about Grandpa if not I'll be here Friday with my weigh in. :heart:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say good morning...now its afternoon....and I am amidst my 40th birthday and I feel great (miss that my dad is not here to see it but my mom and I just had lunch)....and even though I am going to party it up with food today....I got in an awesome workout burning over 1200 cal......bring on the 40's............:drinker:
  • mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm in wanted to start buying some new fall/winter clothes so I think this will help motivate me!

SW: 189
    GW:184
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Bru, you are having a emotionally taxing week. Hope everything turns out ok.

I have had one of those days. Spent 2 hours at urgent care getting my middle son's lip sewn up and then 2 more hours at the dentist trying to save the tooth he chipped when he fell using his pogo stick. Not sure if the tooth will live or die but hoping it will be ok. He looks so beat up. Bruised chin, puffy lips with 2 black stitches on it. Long morning. I can't wait to be done working, fill the tub with warm water and pour a glass of wine. Its been a long day and I still have 4 more hours with daycare kids. Lucklily one mom was there when the accident happened and she took her son home for the morning and there was only one other kid scheduled for this morning. The neighbor lady was kind enough to put my school agers on the bus. NOW TO GET RID OF THAT @%#$&@#^%$ POGO STICK.

My new goal for the month get back to my starting weight and maintain till the stress lessens a bit.

Have a great rest of the day!

Terri
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    2 weeks in and i have lost 2.8 pounds for a total weightloss of 5.6 pounds since joining MFP on the first of july :) a month and a half into it I finally lost my first five pounds im so excited! yay. so my weight today was 167.2 Now lets hope it stays that way or even goes down for my official weigh in day on sunday : )
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    September 1st - 195.2
    September 7th - 194.2
    September 14th - 192.2

Well, so far, I am down exactly 3lbs. Not sure why my loss is starting to slow down, I still have so much more to lose. Seems like I have been stuck in the rut of the 190's now forever....even though its only been close to a month since I hit them....Oh well, slow and steady wins the race I guess....
  • kmahan76
    Options
    Ugh, I'm so frustrated! I've been tracking the calories and working out regularly and am up a pound since last week! I know that it's the body adjusting and it depends on water retention and all that, but it still is tough.

But, I'll stick to it with hopes for better numbers next week.

As for the September challenge: SW 8/31/10 174.5
    9/16/10: 172

The tricky thing is that I was vacillating all over the place between these two weeks so there was a week in between when I was 170.5.

Thanks for letting me vent, folks!
  • BellaCoconut
    Options
    Hi everybody, just had my regular friday weigh in and have lost another pound! So my total weight loss so far is 3 pounds. :happy:
    Now just 2 more to go. Good luck everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • judswi
    judswi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    september 1st- 139.4
    september 17th- 138.6
    only a loss of 0.8
    (not doing very good)
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Still up from sodium so I'm gonna try again tomorrow morning before my run...oh, and I have a wedding to go to tomorrow night and I wasn't told til last night... the guy lost our address and instead of calling to find out or asking hos niece (my friend) he told my hubby who didn't tell me til last night...MEN! Be back tomorrow briefly :)
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Sept 1: 158
    Sept 10: 157
    Sept 17: 154 :noway:

Holy cow! I have only lost this much in one week once since joining the group. I have also NEVER met the 5 lb goal and have basically been hopping between 157-162 this whole time. This might be my month! This is a new low for me, and I am really happy with it. I am still afraid to say that I broke through that plateau but things are looking good!

Sorry I have been MIA all week. I had my first test of the semester Tuesday and have a couple more next week. I have been so busy studying and watching a baby 3x a week. It is getting really hard but I WILL finish with all A's this semester!

Terri-- Is your son OK? I am the third and youngest kid to my parents with 1 brother and 1 sister. Growing up, only one of their 3 children had accidents that took them to the ER. I bet you can guess which one!! These crazy freak accidents are so BOY!

Bru-- Sorry to hear about your rough week. I hope grandpa is alright. Losing balance unprovoked sounds like it could be a serious problem so thank goodness you convinced him to go in.
  • vharperyoung
    vharperyoung Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in - I need a challenge right about now
  • rachellynnc
    Options
    ok im in! im not losing fast enough because i like eating chocolate at night - counteracting all my hard work during the day! this will hopefully keep me on track!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, everyone! Sorry this has been such a rough week for some of you. Hopefully the weekend will bring good things and REST. And I say that deliberately to include exercising in rest. I've started to find it very relaxing and stress relieving to lift weights or jog on the elliptical while watching TV or listening to music. Who'd ever have thought that would happen? Not me!

Okay, here's my stats:

Sept 1: 159
    Sept 7: 155.25
    Sept 11: 153.75
    Sept 17: 153.5

I just now noticed I'm reporting in on the 1's and 7's. *lol* I actually went lower than that this week, then gained a pound and a half, then dropped again--all in one week!

This was an exhausting time for me. I did a lot of sitting on my rump writing papers at home and sitting on my rump editing video in the dungeon--the basement editing suites of the communication building. I'm in school for journalism/mass media. Anyway, I was going to bed around 3 AM, getting up at 7 AM and eating all day long. My IBS flared up. I kept having shooting pains in my gut, and stress-dreams when I tried to sleep. I'm stressing out over applying for jobs because this is my last full semester and I need a job by December.

*deep breath* So yesterday evening I went shopping for athletic clothes--sports bra especially. My band size has dropped 2 inches!!! I celebrated with a workout, then watched a movie with my roommies and got 12 full hours of sleep. I feel like a new person!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    9-01-10 214.0 lbs
    9-06-10 212.4 lbs
    9-17-10 208.4 lbs
    9-25-10
    9-30-10 >>>>>goal 200.0 lbs

I'm doing the happy dance all around today! I hit the 40 lbs gone today, its Friday, & life with my new man is GREAT! :bigsmile: I hope all of you are having some LIFE IS GOOD moments as well! Here's to that for everyone! :drinker:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Just got one thing to say>>>THANK GOD THE BIRTHDAY CAKE IS GONE!!!!!!