Lose 5 pounds a month SEPTEMBER 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Bru, I am so sorry for your loss. :cry: Pets of all kinds furry or scaled make life so rich. I am sure you are heartbroken:brokenheart: . You have had a rough year for pets. I gave my two love monsters (Bodi boy and Kiera) a big hug and I have sent you energry hugs. I hope you got them. :smile:

thanks for the challenge this week. I am on board. I have really been slacking lately but I am back with a vengance this week. I hope everyone else is doing well this week.
  • lilpaws
    Options
    i will join in too, new to this stuff...
  • tralalara
    Options
    Bru, So sorry to hear about your loss. :flowerforyou: I know they are just pets but they become like family in a very short time. I've got an old kitty that my daughter got from a shelter when we moved into this house. His name is Beavis (needless to say, she was in highschool at the time). We built and moved into this house in 1994 so he is now 16 yrs old. He looks pretty ragged. Every day I worry that I'm going to find him "asleep" somewhere. :cry: But every morning he's there and ready to be fed. :ohwell: He's such a sweetie.

Monday morning weigh in time. I've had a pretty good week. I didn't realize that I had lost 2 lbs this week. I thought I had been 195 all week but when I plugged it into MFP it said 2lbs! I looked and sure enough I started the week out at 196. So that's cool. I feel even better!

Sept 1 sw 197.5
    Sept 6 196
    Sept 13 194......for a total of 3.5 lbs. Right on track.
    Goal wt for Sept 192.5.....only 1.5 lbs to go. (and we have 2 wks to go!)
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I finally got to sleep in today (usally its me getting up with the kids but i convinced hubby to do it) so today started off restfull lol

Woke up today and the scale told me 166.8!!! yay lets hope i don't screw it up lol iv got till sunday for weigh in so I plan on dragging my elliptical out (burried in the back of my hallway of a laundry room) wasn't planning on using it untill i could have it in a space readilly accessable and never having to move it just to pull it out once i move in to my new house in about 3 weeks : ) but ill make an exception since im on the brink of this months goal. I really need to stay on track because if i lose 20 lbs by christmas i will be the lightest i have been in 4 years.

bru so sorry for your loss. losing pets is tough. I even had a little bit of a hard time when my husbands moms dog died and i didn't even really like him lol. I thought he was annoying and slobbery but i guess you still gain an attachment after living with the dog for a year and knowing it longer than that.
  • MrsHazra
    MrsHazra Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

weigh in today

Sept SW: 84.6 lg ( 186.1 lbs)
    Sept GW: 82.3kg (181.1 lbs)

Current Weight: 81.7kg (14/09/10) (179.7 lbs)
    This weeks Loss: 1.6kg (3.5 lbs)
    Total Loss of September: 2.9kg (6.4 lbs)

I am so excited cause I have exceeded 5lbs already and we still have 2 weeks left in September. All pumped for this weeks challenge too. Can't wait. So sorry to hear about your pets Bru. Hope you are feeling better today and Happy Birthday to your hubby.

Until Next Week..
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Soooo sorry Bru, that's tough. I'll give my Teak (mini Doxie) a huge hug when I get home tonight.

I had an aweful weekend of indulging...I took Kati to the fair on Saturday (did really good cause we packed our own lunch and went to the car to eat at lunch time) then on our way home we went to Wingers for dinner (did good by having a chopped salad, yum!)...then...we never get dessert at restaurants but Kati saw the table next to us get a huge chocolate chip cookie with ice cream, chocolate syrup and whipped cream... her eyes got huge and asked so sweetly for one, I couldn't refuse. I had a few bites which wasn't too bad, but I had the taste of chocolate on my tongue. Then Sunday, the caramel brownies at my Mom's were calling my name...by the end of the day I had eaten 4 of them. I haven't been this remotely bad since I restarted this journey in June. I felt so disgusted last night when I went to bed that I wanted to cry. I woke up this morning with a new found drive to do better. I will work my butt off this week and make up for my mistake reminding myself that I am in charge.
  • mumonmission
    mumonmission Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    just joined the website today and would like to join the challenge if not too late
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Oh noooo, Bru! I'm so sorry. What a rotten way to start your day too. I hope tomorrow's better.

Congrats to everyone who had great weigh-ins today! I can't believe the month's almost halfway through already.

I confess I had a cheeseburger and fries for breakfast along with two cups of coffee...yeah. :blushing: Some friends flew in from out of town. After driving them to their hotel, we went out for breakfast which turned into lunch as we arrived at the restaurant. It was a nice meal, first beef I'd eaten in about ten days. I took half of it home with me. The elliptical trainer felt far easier than usual today, so I think my body was thanking me for the extra protein early in the day. I worked twice as long making room for SMOOOOOORES tonight!

After all, it IS International Chocolate Day.
  • jesse14472
    Options
    Bru: So sorry about your loss. It's amazing how these animals touch our lives. My kids' hamster passed earlier this year. I couldn't believe that I cried over a hamster, but she was such a great pet. She gave such joy to my children. My thoughts go out to you.

I decided to take the day off of exercise today after my 3 hours of bicycling yesterday to let my knee recover. It was really stiff this morning, but not feeling too bad tonight.

Randi: I am right there with you. All of the sudden, I just have to have sweets. I actually ate a spoonful of sugar b/c there wasn't anything sweet in the house....WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!!!

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    woohooo! weighed myself this morning and i am down 3 pounds :noway: i think i got on and off the scale around 4 times lol i just couldnt believe it! :laugh: i've done what i did last month, stayed the same weight for for the first two weeks then suddenly lost some on the third! Now only 2 pounds to go for this month :)

Aww sorry for your loss Bru :frown: I remember when I was little and my hamster died, it was like the end of the world to me :cry:

Beky x
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    LOL alioth i burst out with a little laugh at that. : ) sorry to tempt you like that haha

Yay randi I always find that it is refreshing to wake up to a new sence of the journey
    it kind of helps the focous a bit since this can take sooo long.

wow i really really need to stop staying up so late but hubby is on swing shift and gets home at this time (12:30am) and i just don't like going to bed alone when i know that he will be home in 2 or 3 short hours is that dumb or what. Its not so bad going to bed alone when he is on graves because i am so used to him being on graves most of the time he works a rotating shift with two weeks of random weekdays and weekend shifts and two weeks of swings and 4 weeks of graves. it gets hard adjusting to going to bed alone. if i went to bed on time when he was on swings as well as graves i would go to bed alone 6 out of every 8 weeks and that is just too much. I do know that i need to get this sleep habit taken care of tho because I am usually the one getting out of bed at 7:00am with the kids lol. altho i do fine on 6 hours of sleep it is realllly hard to get up im not a morning person but i still cant sleep beyond 9 hours most of the time im up by 9 or so if im able to sleep in. OK sorry done complaining ... Anyone have any tips on getting my but to bed on time lol?
  • TheRealErinHisc
    Options
    After a weekend where I ignored the Elliptical completely and became intimately reacquainted with the fridge, I couldn't stop myself from hopping on the scale on Monday morning... 251 (actually 250.8, but I always round up or down for any fraction other than a .5) which is 2.5 down from last Thursday.

Of course, I may have undone 1 pound of that loss that same night when I got to talking with Jason as soon as I got home from work, instead of jumping on the Elliptical right away, and my motivation to work out dissipated very quickly. Not that I generally burn 3500 calories in one workout, but... we are in the process of getting rid of our Tim Cards (if you live in Canada, you know what I mean; for the rest of you think Dunkin' Donuts with WAY better coffee) and we are not coffee drinkers, so we have been using up the money on DONUTS*. Last night, we went a little overboard, and brought home a dozen - as usual, I ate all of my share (there's just the two of us, so that's 6 donuts) in one night - though for the first time ever Jason gobbled up all 6 of his before I even got through 3*. I used their online nutrition calculator and it came to 2175 calories! The good news is, the cards are used up, and no longer linked to our credit cards, so I will no longer have any excuses for going anywhere near a Tim Hortons.

Last Thursday, I discovered that there is just enough time during my lunch break for me to drive home, change, do a 25 minute workout on the Elliptical, shower, dress and drive back to work. I used to drive home, eat in less than 10 minutes and then sit around waiting for it to be time to head back to the office, so this is a WAY better use of my lunch hour. I just pre-pack a lunch and leave it in the fridge at home, then grab it when I am heading back to the office to eat at my desk. Even though I did not work out after work yesterday, I DID work out during my lunch hour, and I plan to try to keep it up every weekday. 25 minutes x 5 weekly adds up to just over 2 hours. Add in 25-45 minutes 3 x weekly after work and I'm more than making up for no longer scheduling any workouts on the weekend - which apparently, I am not disciplined enough to force myself to keep (see above).

My official weigh in is on Wednesday morning, so we'll see then how much damage the trip to Tim's caused me.

*Donuts are my crack. I am WAY addicted. Usually, we pick up a dozen, and I eat 6 all in one evening. Jason usually only gets through 3, and then puts the rest in the fridge. Then the next day, while he's at work, I steal one or two of his duringmy lunch hour - I work close to home and go home for lunch. I am making a vow today that I will not buy another dozen donuts to split between me and Jason ever again.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    TheRealErinHisc--I know what you mean about the donuts...we have a bakery here in town that has (I SWEAR) the BEST donuts ever..you have to stand in line to get them....anyway...I used to have them about 3 days a week (1 or 2 at a time) ...but have not had one in the 5 1/2 months since I started this whole healthy bit...but I really don't miss them....now that I am used to eating healthier, my cravings have changed......

Morning all....off today...spending the day with my 3 y/o daughter...going to do some trampoline jumping with her (to practice for gymnastics---she started last week and I think I enjoyed watching her just as much as she enjoyed the class)....anyway this weeks BMK is going to be a REAL challange for me....the arm/chair lifts will be a true workout as my upper arms are my weakness and I don't think I will make 2 whole days with "CLEAN" eating....I will try my best but will probably fall short there...Have a GREAT day everyone!!!
  • RMariaT
    RMariaT Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in but i have a hard time losing no matter what i do..
    I'll give it a shot
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!!!! Here is my check in and I am still shocked:

9/1 - 191
    9/7 - 188.5
    9/14 - 186

I have already hit my 5 lbs for the month. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I am going to shoot for 2 more knowing that TOM hits towards the end of the month and will screw up the numbers. I started C25K this past week and I am thinking the interval walking/jogging is what has really made the difference this week. I did week 1 but I think I am going to do a few more days on week 1 as I am dying at the end of the 1 min run and know that I couldn't go another 30 sec yet. Though I went out yesterday and bought a good pair of shoes so hopefully that will help.

Keep up all the great work everyone. WE CAN DO IT!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Keep it up all. There have been some great losses posted which is wonderful.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday was a rough one...after losing my bearded dragon, my hubbys grandpa fell and hit his head on the concrete driveway trying to load his truck. And of course, he refused the hospital, especially when the EMT's arrived. But he fell Sunday night, also hitting his head in concrete, then 3more times yesterday morning in the house, then the last one when we called 911..he won't listen to us and it's going to end up killing him. My hubby is really tore up about this. I'll keep you updated if he ever goes to the doctor...

On a positive note...I just got an email for the 5k this weekend, they have just 167 people registered, 63 of them attacking the half marathon. So I feel much better now that I know it's not 400 people! Also, we wear a timing anklet which is kinda cool. And they will have exact numbers by age and gender on Monday. I'm so excited!!!! There's another one scheduled in March too, so if all goes well, I'll be doing that one as well! My military partner is really nervous about it, so I've been trying to keep her positive, it's just for fun, nothing else, so hopefully her nerves will be a little more calm on Saturday. We need to be there at 6:45am to sign in, get our anklets and t-shirts. I'm so pumped!!

I hope you all are having a wonderful week and I will see you Friday morning for my weigh in.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Quick update :Grandpa has decided to finally go to the doctor today and they are getting him admitted to the hospital tomorrow to run a variety of tests. I'll keep you all updated as I hear more.

Now, time to go to my Mother in laws birthday party at the local bar, downfall is that we'll be eating there, so look out sodium :/ Crazy how my brother in laws bday was 9/10, then my hubby 9/13 and their mom on 9/14 I have 4 bdays in December that are the 20th, 24th, and 26th all on my side...craziness I tell ya!
  • Tems
    Tems Posts: 16
    Options
    Good morning all, checking in...
    Started @ 217 01/09/2010
    08/09/2010 - 215
    15/09/2010 - 213:wink:

Great job everyone:drinker:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    January 1 weight 185.4
    September 1 weight 179.8
    September 8 weight 179.4 Not great but it is something!
    September 15 weight 180.4

1 pound gain after a rough week:noway: Hopefully by Saturday I can get back into running. I have a cold coming on so not sure how exercise will go for the next few days.

Have a great Wednesday!

Terri
  • TheRealErinHisc
    Options
    Logging in my current weight for the challenge:

Sep 1: 255 lbs
    Sep 4: 253 lbs
    Sep 9: 253.5 lbs (after a long weekend of slacking, I gained 0.5 lbs)
    Sep 15: 252 lbs
    goal for Oct 1: < 250 lbs
    change: - 3 lbs