Lose 5 pounds a month SEPTEMBER 2010 CHALLENGE

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Got my challange exercises in for the day but crap wayyyyyy over on sodium yet againnnnnnn....Darn crapppy sodium....Off tomorrow so should be able to cook some good home stuff with less sodium...aiming for 1800 (I know needs to be lower, but 1800 is my aim).....hope everyone else is doing great with the challange...taik to you all tomorrow!!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I tried and failed last month, managed 1lb, although I havent got weighed this week yet, so could be more. Better than a gain I suppose.

I am in the zone now though, 5lb here I come.

SW 171
    GW 166

I quoted myself right there and today I weighed 166 :D
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm so behind in this thread now.

mkpeacock>> Aww, it might be better than you think. Congrats on 10 lbs!!

Jalah, stay with us! Next month will be better. Strep is horrible. Be very careful with your exercise as you recover. It can take a month to get your energy levels back.

timbotina>> Yeah, I blew it on sodium today too. Gonna try again tomorrow.

For those of you whose September hasn't gone according to plan, keep plugging away. You'll win in the end.

I can't believe it there's only two days left. Where did September go?

Thanks for the encouragement, everybody. I think of you all when I make myself go work out. And I thought of you all yesterday when I went to try on jeans in Wal-mart. Good news! I'm putting away the 12's for 8's! I haven't been a size 8 in years. I didn't expect it either. Seemed like it happened all at once.

I've never done squats with weights before. They sound tough. I guess I'll meander over to the fitness room and find out.
  • tralalara
    Options
    SO glad to see you again Phyljen! I was wondering where you were. You'll kick that 4 lbs in no time!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Got-er-done, thought I wouldn't make it becuase of two long weekends off the grid. Away from home is a weakness I have identified. BUt as of this morning I got rid of Septembers 5 pounds, sorry I wasn't around to chear everyone on, I've been catching up on how everyone is doing by reading the thread, what a support group happening here. Lots of efforts and distractions and great results. Best wishes for October everyone.
  • jesse14472
    Options
    I haven't really posted for a while....we have been so busy and am still really tired. Haven't been sleeping well lately and the doctor gave me some trials of a prescription allergy medicine to try and the combination of the two knocked me on my butt. So I flipped the mattress and went back to taking Zyrtec. Hopefully, that will help. I have next week off (conferences and inservice), so I'm looking forward to some me time while the kids are in school. I am hoping to get out of the 190's by the end of the month and I peeked this morning and the scale read 189.8.....but TOM is coming soon, so I'm crossing my fingers.

Congrats to everyone. You are all doing so well. I am so impressed and proud of you. I am not going to hit that mark, but I have definitely moved more this month than I would have otherwise. So I am all for another challenge next month. I wanted to say thank you to all of you. This is the longest that I have stuck with losing weight and I can honestly say it's b/c of the support.
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My 5k is coming up on Sunday! EEK!
    I finally had a showdown with the treadmill last night - and I think we're going to call it a draw...
    I have been due for a 25 min run on C25k for a long while now, which I have been avoiding like the plague, so instead I decided to do a trial 5k to see what my time would be on the treadmill: 45min 40sec. I did this alternating between running and walking (I did a 5 minute warmup, then a 10 min run, followed by intervals of 5 min walk / 5 min run for a total of 25 min run), so my goal is to beat this time on Sunday.

I've been trying to eat more protein with my meals and snacks, since trying to cut back on animal products didn't seem to be doing me any good at all. I'm trying to aim for more of a "Zone" style diet, with 40% carb, 40% protein, and 30% fat. That seemed to have worked for me many years ago (pre-kids), let's see if I can get back into the swing of it...

I was at the doctor today, and she's sending me for a bunch of tests (mammogram, bone density, thyroid, glucose tolerance, blood work, etc) - not really because anything is wrong, but more to get a baseline of health before I hit my 40's, which is only a few years away... It'll be interesting to see the results, if nothing else.
  • timbotina
    Options
    Sept. 1sst 178.5....and today 174--won't be weighing in again til Oct (can't believe it is Oct already).....so down 4.5lbs for the month--not quite 5lbs but so close I am happy this that....I am down to my last 9 lbs. before I am at goal .....so then the hard part of maintenance (for me anyway) begins....hope everyone else has atleast a lucky 5....
  • tinalarussa
    Options
    I am innnn! I need to loose a little over 5lbs and thats right where I want to be. Any tips for taking my mind of snacking? Its annoying! Leave me alone food!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Final weigh in of the month tomorrow for me, I can't believe how quickly Oct is here!! That means my 2 yr anniversary is right around the corner as well as my friends wedding the following weekend.

Now what to do for our anniversary? No clue yet. Probably dinner and well, :blushing: , that's about it. LOL.

You all have been doing absolutly wonderful this month, even those of us who haven't quite made it. We've all stuck around and that counts for something!!! :drinker: Here's hoping October is great for us all!!! :heart: Bru
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Just got back from my lunch workout and did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes on the treadmill for a 466 calorie burn. I'm still working on getting up early to do a workout and am happy to finally be back home from travelling and eating home cooked meals. Don't get me wrong I love eating out, but after a while all those calorie heavy meals get old on me. I look for salads and even they are packed with high calories. I know Unos lowest calorie salad has 800 calories. On the last day of my trip I was happy to stop by a Whole Foods and we picked up a meal for us in the hot meal section, and we just ate on the bed and watched tv- since we don't get to do that at home. Lovely night- and picked up my greek yogurt with honey.

I also realized that losing weight for me without a support system gets more difficult. I just get on here and I see how all motivated all of you are, and that's inspiring.

Oh yeah, feels great to be back on track!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have not checked in for a while it has been very hectic around here. I have been lurking in the background and reading up on everyone's progress.

Congratulations to those who made or exceeded the 5 pound goal.

Congratulations to those who have kept plugging away even though the scale is not really doing what you want it to do. I was up to 180 this morning, but know it is my fault for bad eating and since I had that cyst drained on my leg I have not been getting the same quality or quantity of exercise. I got back on the treadmill today and no pain so time to start working back to where I was before.

For those who want to continue here is the link for the October challenge

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/123665-lose-5-pounds-a-month-october-2010-challenge

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!

Terri
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hello all....I have been really MIA lately but I guess that was to be expected. Thank you to all who sent me notes regarding the death of my Dad last week. It has been difficult but I am trying to stay focused on what I can control which is what goes in my mouth. I actually post a small loss this week and still good on the monthly challenge:

9/1 - 191
    9/29 - 185.5

Down 5.5 for the month. Had originally wanted it to be better but I will take it and keep going forward.
    See you all in October.
  • timbotina
    Options
    dawnsolwick...sending you some love:flowerforyou:

Don't look now everyone.....but if I plan my evening snack ever so carefully I may actually be UNDER, yes I said UNDER 1600 for sodium....I think I can, I think I can!!!
  • cpstets22
    Options
    Weighed in this morning and was disappointed to see no movement on the dial. I met the challenge about a week and a half ago and since then have been losing the same pound over and over again. I'm hoping for one more pound before I head off for my cruise next week. Today my friends and I booked our land excursions. I'm going to see the pyramids! I'm SO excited!!
  • jesse14472
    Options
    SW 8/29 193.5
    CW 9/30 189.8

down 3.7 lbs. Not 5 lbs, but I will take it after trying to settle down with school starting this month. Finding it harder to get exercise in during the week. I am hoping to change that in October. Good luck to everyone on this weigh-in day!
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight - 169
    End of this Month weight - 165

I've lost 4 lbs this month. Not bad.... The good news is.... I lost 20 lbs in TOTAL!!!!
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    YAY! I DID IT!

9/1 SW 210.8
    9/30 CW 205

Lost 5.8 lbs in September. Was hoping to loose a little more to make it to 6 lbs but not being "satisfied" is what got me over 200 lbs in the first place. So I'm going to focus on being proud of myself for meeting the goal and gear up for the October 5lb Challange.

To all of you that met your goal... WHOO HOOO - Congratulations :flowerforyou:

For those of you who didn't...you still did a great job and remember tomorrow starts the October challenge so you get to start with a clean slate. Good Luck. :smile:
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    starting weight in September - 176
    Ending weight as of this morning - 180...
    seems i'm going the other direction... somebody help me!

i blame it on Dairy Queen and their @#&! Brownie Batter Blizzard of the month :noway: :grumble: :explode: . they keep sending me coupons when i'm at my weakest.
    October will be better because a) it's my birthday month and b) Brownie Batter Blizzard of the month will be OVER!!!