Lose 5 pounds a month SEPTEMBER 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Well, I did what I could to keep my sodium in check for the weekend so all of the sodium over week was still too much, I am now just .2lb above my last weigh in, which is much better than the 7lbs I was up, but still. So no weight loss this week, here's hoping for better results on the scale and measuring tape next Friday :) Although, I'm sure I'll weigh myself throughout the day just because and tomorrow morning...

Sept 1st 205.8
    Sept 7th 205.4
    Sept 10th 204.8
    Sept 18th 205
    Sept 24th
    Sept 30th
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone its check in time : )

well yesterday we went out for my babys first birthday and i drank too much soda and ate ground beef and cheese enchiladas with sour cream wow So i have been hitting the 166 range all week but today was 167.0 so hopefully tomorrow i will be back to 166.

september 1 170
    september 5 169
    september 12 169
    september 19 167

so im down 3 pounds so far this month with a week to go and a hectic one at that. today i work , tomorrow i have to go to slc 2 hour drive to pick up my furniture and bring it home to store it in my sisters house. they are also painting my new house tomorrow so yay .....tuesday i work wednesday hubby works and goes to school thursday i am going late birthday shopping and friday is my daughters party
    Im trying to add a small healthy element by having a make your own deli sandwich bar instead of hamburgers and hot dogs : )
  • jesse14472
    Options
    Sunday weigh in:

8/29 193.5
    9/6 193.0
    9/12 191.8
    9/19 191.2

Only lost .6 this week, but I'll take it since I kind of slacked off of exercise for the week. So 2.3 lbs for the month. It's not looking to good for 5 lbs in September, since there is only 11 more days.....but I plan on trying. Wouldn't it be great to make it to the 180's?! Good luck to all of you!
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Hope you all are having a wonderful Sunday, it's a rainy and chilly one here. Anyway...

Just got the results of the race...out off all the females, I was 50 out of 71. That's just the females, they do not have a current list of men and women combined. I finished at 44:24 and I averaged a 14:19min mile walk/run and my friend Bernie was 10sec after me! First 5k for both of us :) Woot Woot!!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Yay bru great job
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    help! What happened on page 14. My security keeps telling me it contains malware and won't let me open it! Hope all is well with everyone.

Great job Bru!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Good job, Bru!

Michele, congrats on .6 lbs!

kickrz, Woohoo! You're so close to your goal now. That must feel good.

55tolose, So glad you got to go out for your kid's birthday. That's a huge milestone. The deli sandwich bar sounds like a good idea. Aaand, I WAS close to your first goal weight yesterday. Today I'm up 5 lbs thanks to TOM. I refuse to log it. It will go away. Otherwise, 153 feels pretty great, not at all like I felt when I was 165. I think you'll like it. You'll be there in no time.

Tonight, my roommates made this huge dinner of steak, lemon sauteed spinach, mashed potatoes with cheese, and corn salad. I'd already eaten but didn't want to hurt their feelings so I had some. BIG mistake. The corn was full of hunks of bacon. *mutter* I felt sick afterward.

Hope everyone starts off the week good and gets in the swing of things Monday. Have a nice night!
  • maskins
    Options
    I'm in , not sure how this works though. Goal to be at 115 by Christmas. Present wt. is 135. Using myfitnesspal for one wk now- love this site -so easy to use & FREE!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies.....REALLY, REALLY going to TRY to be under on sodium today.....man o man that is really bugging me....why is there soooo much sodium in food......and we are all soo busy it is hard not to rely on some processed foods.....anyway, sorry for my rant....hope everyone enjoys there Monday...going to be a great day here in Ohio today around the mid 70's so going to go for my walk/run before picking my son up at school today so it'll be a great calorie burn day for me...and will anxiously await the BMK challange for the week.......:flowerforyou:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Today I could open page 14 without any problems. Go figure.....maybe its just me. I am one of those technology challenged people.

Any way....do you eat when stressed here are some ideas to help you not eat when stressed. This is from a diet and nutrition web- site that sends me daily emails.

Stress Eating: Finding Food Alternatives

Managing your stress in healthier ways can also help keep you from responding to it by eating. Try these ideas:

Exercise. Regular exercise can help prevent stress, and exercising when you are stressed can help manage the emotion and burn calories, not pack them in. Instead of running to the kitchen, lace up your shoes and head for a run, or walk, outside.
    Give yourself a break. Whatever you're doing that's causing you stress, just step away from it for a while. If you're thinking about a situation that's creating anxiety, distract yourself with a more pleasant topic.
    Think positive. Come up with a plan to resolve the situation that's bothering you. Nothing beats stress more than solving the problem that's causing it.
    Relax. Meditate, visualize a peaceful place, or listen to some music to calm yourself down.
    Do something fun. Take an impromptu shopping trip, play a game of golf or tennis, call a friend, or watch a movie that you enjoy.
    It may take some time, but you can retrain yourself to eat when you're hungry, not stressed. Learning to tell the difference between the two is your first step. Then, find another outlet instead of using food to satisfy your emotional hunger

Have stress free day.

Terri
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    OK - here's this weeks challenge: :flowerforyou:

We're going back to some from before, but increasing them a bit!

50 jumping jacks per day for 5 days - 250 total for the week.

20 pushups per day for 5 days - 100 total for the week.

1 minute plank per day for 5 days!

I have no clue what to do for food this week....so I'm just gonna say anything goes! Pick your own food challenge for the week - it can be a new one, or anything we've done before! :happy:
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    LOL< Kelly, I was just headed to do the same ;)

My sodium has finally gone away (for the most part) and I'm at 204.2, but not including it as a weigh in, I'll weigh in again on Friday.
    So my mom has been hearing me talk about the 30 day shred and when she came over yesterday she asked if I could play a small snip-it for her. Well, she thought it looked easy so she asked if I could start it over and that we can do it together. I can''t tell my mom 'no I won't exercise' so I did it AGAIN, yep, 2x yesterday. I'm not nearly as sore today as I thought I'd be. :) As for the rest of the day, walking outside and with Leslie, and I think some pilates are also in my forecast. Have a fantastic week all :)
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    September 1st: 125.8
    September 7th: 125.2
    September 12th: 123.2
    September 19th: 123.0

Definitely due to sodium - only a 0.2 loss. I've recently decided that I'm not actively "trying" to lose weight anymore and am happy in 120-125. Set myself to maintenance cals but I can't even eat all of them, especially on Saturday when I burned 1151 running and doing some sprints. So yeah 1580 + 1151 = wayy too many calories.

Hope you all saw the results you wanted this week!
  • whitet3
    Options
    Hi, I am new to MFP, I know its to late for the September Challenge. Can I join your group?
  • tralalara
    Options
    Hi, I am new to MFP, I know its to late for the September Challenge. Can I join your group?

Of COURSE! Everyone is welcome here! You probably won't make the 5 lb Challenge but that's ok. We'll have it again in October. And if you're just starting you just might makes the Sept. 5!
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    09/20 weigh in... 172.8!! I was starting to think the scale was broken, it hadn't moved AT ALL in weeks!

Friday I completed my first 5k, with a time of 37:09. Then I decided to do some celebratory bike path skating. I have road rash that my son thinks "Looks so cool!".

Good luck on this weeks challenge eveyone, I'll be doing girl pushups :laugh:
  • tralalara
    Options
    Monday morning check in time for me. Not the best week for me. We've eaten out several times and I've had pretty high sodium a few days. This all combined has caused me to kind of stand still. The scale actually says .5 over last week but I think it's a fluke and will be lower tomorrow (I hope). It's been lower all week. ( I weigh each morning but only record Monday's weight).
    I refuse to change my ticker though. I only have 1.5 lbs (well, technically 2 lbs from today) to lose to meet my goal. I've got to get crackin'!

Sept 1 SW 197.5
    Sept 6 wt 196
    Sept 13 wt 194
    Sept 20 wt 194.5
    Goal wt for Sept 192.5

Only a week and a half to make this happen. I CAN do this!! :wink:
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Congrats on the 5k Bru and Peachy! That's a really awesome accomplishment.

I am sorry I haven't been around much. School is killing me! I have a test Thursday and am struggling to get through the incredibly boring reading. I also have a whole mess of homework due Friday that I have not even started on. The rest of the week is going to be rough on me!
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Friday I completed my first 5k, with a time of 37:09. Then I decided to do some celebratory bike path skating. I have road rash that my son thinks "Looks so cool!".

That's great !!! And such a good time, especially for it being your first time!!
  • cpstets22
    Options
    I met the September goal on Saturday and hope to lose a couple more pounds before I head off on a cruise in October. I'd like to continue to lose while I'm on the cruise, but worry that there will be just too much temptation around. Anyone had experience with losin' while cruisin'?