Lose 5 pounds a month SEPTEMBER 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Friday I completed my first 5k, with a time of 37:09. Then I decided to do some celebratory bike path skating. I have road rash that my son thinks "Looks so cool!".

That's great !!! And such a good time, especially for it being your first time!!

Thanks Bru! Congrats to you too!!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    BMK ladies...thanks for a challange built for me....I am going to kick the butt outta this one...just what I needed

Amanda--hang in there

Heading to the track later but getting off her in a couple minutes to get my challange work done...I may even add in some squats for the heck of it...thanks ladies.....good luck all!!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I met the September goal on Saturday and hope to lose a couple more pounds before I head off on a cruise in October. I'd like to continue to lose while I'm on the cruise, but worry that there will be just too much temptation around. Anyone had experience with losin' while cruisin'?

Where are you cruisin to & when? I am headed out on 10-9-10 Eastern Carribean for 9 days. I am planning on having whatever I want to on the cruise, but I'm also planning to work out each & every day in that awesome gym on the ship! I'm hoping to maintain my weight while I'm gone, however if I gain a couple pounds I'm ok with that. As long as its not more than 5 I'll be happy! :bigsmile:

Congrats peachy on your 5K as well! Seems like everyone did one this weekend...I'm feeling left out! :sad: LOL
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Question about the challenges... Am I supposed to be counting the exercise in my log??
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Question about the challenges... Am I supposed to be counting the exercise in my log??

I do :) Depending on the exercise, I log it if it's already added or just add the exercise myself. I often just put it in my exercise notes :)
  • timbotina
    Options
    complete my jj, plank, push-ups (those are killers and took me all day...I can only do about 5 at a time...will be anxious to see how many I can do by the end of the week)....and added my calve lifts and squats....nice little addition...hope to do all the above every day this week...adds a little something to your calorie total.....have a great evening everyone.....:flowerforyou:
  • jesse14472
    Options
    Didn't do my normal exercise, but did 50 J. Jacks, 20 girl push ups, & 80 crunches. Still can't really do the whole plank thing. I will try again tomorrow. Good night, all!
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Weighed in today at 146lbs, same as last week due to TOM!! Still got 2 pounds to lose for next week, fingers crossed :laugh:

Sorry can't talk much lol I'm getting ready for school at the moment :smile: But I'll post later when I get back!

Beky x
  • joliemt
    Options
    cool, i want to join in too! :smile:
  • cpstets22
    Options
    Thanks for your reply, Kelly.

I'm cruising in the Eastern Mediterranean starting in Athens and stopping 2x in Israel, 2x in Egypt and 1x in Italy, finishing up in Rome. I'm very excited! But I sure hope I don't gain 5 pounds since that will negate all my hard work this month. Good idea about keeping up with the exercise while I'm on board, though. I'll definitely have to do that!
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    So, I'm about to do my 2nd Push Circuit 2 of Chalean Extreme, omg my arms have been aching from the last circuit lol :bigsmile: Had a good week of exercise, sometimes its hard to make myself GET UP and do the exercise, but one way another I manage to though :laugh: We're in the final week of September already..GOSH! It has gone so quick. I hope everyone's on target to meeting their goals!!

Beky x
  • timbotina
    Options
    Evening all, busy day between work and my son's homework (why don't they get more done at school??) Don't mean to complain....anyhow...got a nice workout in at the YMCA...FINALLY my sodium was under ....for the first time in FOREVER it seems. Hope you all had a great day....:flowerforyou:

Oh, got my jj, plank, pushups (GRRR!!!) done (and added my calve lifts and squats)...THANKS BMK challange
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Morning all..... UPDATE.....my hubbys' Grandpa fell last week multiple times, also on concrete and after arguing about going to the hospital and not the lakehouse like he wanted, he finally saw a doc who admitted him to Barnes Jewish Hospital in St Louis. He's been there having test after test run on him since last Wednesday to find out why he was falling so much and finally had surgery yesterday to fix the issue. At first I was told scar tissue, it wasn't scar tissue, just something that swelled that shouldn't have swelled. It's much worse than they thought, BUT, it should not get any worse. It will either stay the same or get better. He has lots of theraphy to go through when he's done with the hospital. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and all around continued support and concern, I take Grandma back in a couple of hours to see him and if I hear anymore, I'll update you all again. *hugs*
    Bru
  • sippy01
    Options
    All right, lets do this thing! So afraid of failing AGAIN!!!:sad:
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Yes, it has been hard this week to wake up early to go to the gym, but every day I tell myself "today I start with a clean board". I know we can all do this, we have all the tools we need and we can make it.
  • mkpeacock
    Options
    Beky x~ Congrats on making it to circuit 2! I know what you mean about hard to make your self get up!!! I cant believe I made it either!!!

Bru~ Glad to here they think they fixed it been praying it was nothing major! I see he had to have surgery but glad all it well now! I know yall have a long road with him and therapy and he is prolly going to fight tooth and nail when he gets a little bit more movement back that he shouldnt have to go but from experience try everything you can to keep him going tell they think he is good. Hope your workouts havent suffered to much with all your running lately! Will be thinking about you in your family's time of need!

sippy01~ dont worrie to much about failing! Just do what you can and try your hardest and please dont over do it that is why people get burned out! Do something you love to do for exercise Swim, walk, run, Dance, Jumping around like an idiot just to get your heart going and working up a good sweat! Hope you do well!

MayLan~ I agree and this is the attitude everyone needs when going at this!!!

Ok So my week so far has been very uneventful Yesterday I had one of those dont wanna get up and do anything... I slept tell 9am got up got me and kids breakfast but I just couldnt get motivation at all by lunch time I just wanted to go back to bed,,, I finally yelled at my self (not out loud lol) to get up and do something about 4pm I managed to get in 40 min of zumba in and I felt lots better! I managed to stay under calories but just barely! Today I am hopein for better results but I am tired again today I been taking my Vitamins and eating right! Well today is weigh in and I hope I lost something I didnt last week and Its put me off all week! I felt like a failure!!! Hope everyone else's week as started off better!! Will edit later to let yall know what my weigh in reveled....
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply, Kelly.

I'm cruising in the Eastern Mediterranean starting in Athens and stopping 2x in Israel, 2x in Egypt and 1x in Italy, finishing up in Rome. I'm very excited! But I sure hope I don't gain 5 pounds since that will negate all my hard work this month. Good idea about keeping up with the exercise while I'm on board, though. I'll definitely have to do that!

WOW - I'm jealous!!!! I'm planning to get up each morning & go for a run up on the track & do some elliptical or something in the fitness center. Also there will be lots of walking, swimming, and I'm also going to attempt the rock climbing wall! :bigsmile: Only 16 days till I leave!! Yahoo!

I have one more day to finish week 7 of C25K! Yay! I'm kinda enjoying the morning runs - its starting to get cooler out & plus its a bit darker when I start out. Pretty soon I'm sure its really going to be dark when I go for my run!

I only have one day of my BMK done - going to do another one this evening! I am working on day 3 of my 5 fruits/veggies per day!

My mom called me last night to tell me my Uncle had a massive stroke yesterday and didn't make it. :cry: So I will have to go out of town for the funeral. I'm hoping it will all be on Saturday so I won't have to get a hotel & can just drive back afterwards. I don't want to do all the food thing...

It has been a crappy week for me in that department. TOM showed up 12 days early :explode: which really torks me off cuz now I'm sure he'll be back when I'm still on my cruise! Darn it! :grumble: Anyway I've been wanting to snack constantly this week, and I'm just not satisfied! I'm still getting my workouts in, but the scale isn't liking me one bit. :embarassed:
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! My thoughts and best wishes are with all of y'all.

This has been a frustrating week so far, but I'm maintaining.

I'd like to get another pound or two down (or an inch or so) before I go to my ten-year high school reunion on Saturday. At this point in the week, I don't think it's gonna happen. I'm 20+ lbs heavier than I was the last time most of those folks saw me. But I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one.

Eight days left in September! Time is flying.

Keep up the good work, everyone!
  • MrsHazra
    MrsHazra Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i cant find this weeks challenge can some one re post it please
  • timbotina
    Options
    i cant find this weeks challenge can some one re post it please

Just go back to page 15 of this topic (Kelly, Kintegra) posted it there and I think Bru posted it somewhere also...anyway you just reminded me to get my little workout in....thanks!!...Good evening all!!