Lose 5 pounds a month SEPTEMBER 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many new members!!! :flowerforyou: Welcome all!! Weigh in is whatever day is best for you, this thread has no specific days or rules aside from the obvious forum rules :smile: We just support and motivate and share all kinds of stories :flowerforyou:

Before I get asked the next time it's posted, we have a 'BMK Challenge' that is posted every Monday, it's 2 exercise challenges and 1 food challenge. :happy: These are optional and are here for the extra boost if needed, they run Mon through Sun and this current weeks is :to start the Couch to 5k plan (http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml) or keep going with the week you are already on and if you have graduated, then pick any 3 days you want to do. Also, do 100reps (or more) of Torso Twists, there are many out there, so google them and pick whichever is best for you. As for food, try a Gluten Free recipe once this week. :drinker:

This is gonna be a fun and busy-ish month for me..I have this challenge (and BMK) as well as a lose 20 (Im shooting for 10-15)by Halloweeen, the Crunch and Plank (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/116270-crunch-n-plank) as well as 100push up challenge (I'm on week 4 but am doing girly ones :blushing: ), the Labor Day challenge and postcard challenge...YIKES! :noway: I never realized how many I am actually in!! Although Labor Day challenge ends this weekend and I only have 2 weeks of the push up challenge, but still!! LOL! :glasses: Anywho, I'm headed to start on my torso twists and the Crunch and Planks, no C25k today since it's raining, that just means it's time for a Leslie vid and some dancing :) Have a great day all!! Be back Friday with my weigh in :O)

:heart: Bru
  • xcbballuver
    Options
    I'm in. starting at 128.4. GW=123.4
  • MissKaybug
    Options
    I'm starting at 196.7!! Excited, especially when you say "20 lbs lighter by christmas!!!" Lets go girls!!
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    good so far. did my workout yesterday, kept to my meal plan.

today is going well..amazing when you don't eat bad foods that you don't crave them....baby steps.

mini goal of 0.5lb by friday.
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    My goals for this month are....

1. Get back to C25K! I was supposed to get my sister's treadmill last weekend but my dad totaled his car and is now driving the truck around. Hopefully I can pin him down this weekend so I can use the truck.

2. Continue eating a clean diet but add in more dark leafy greens. I have been slacking on those the past week. I want to work them into my diet every single day.

3. Move more!! I will buy a pedometer.

4. Fit into my size 10 skinny jeans comfortably without having to do the jean squat

Good luck to everyone! Welcome to all the new people. You have stumbled upon a great group of motivators! I love this thread. Stick with us, and you will too! I am off to the park with my nephew now (moving more, here I go!)
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I only have 10 more lbs that I WANT to lose! My goal is 1lb per week. If I lose more, YAY...LOL! Good luck everyone! I am down 55lbs since my 1st and only child. He's a year old now. I weighed 201 day of delivery and 190 when I left the hospital. So I had lots of work ahead of me.

AGAIN EVERYONE....GOOD LUCK AND WORK HARD!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    so I have been doing 50 torso twists each day. feels good. I already run intervals so I am not doing the C25K part of the challenge. I am officially starting the month at 146 so 141 would be awesome but I am not sure I will get there. Good luck everyone.
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Time to kick off September and see less of each other. My personal goal for the month is to be at 185 by month end. I am stepping it up for when my BF :heart: gets home from military training on 9/23 as my goal was to lose 20 while he was gone and have a few more to go.

9/1 - 191

Have a great week all!!!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • AngChambers06
    AngChambers06 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    count me in! I just started and its the beginning of Sept!

my ideal goal weight to eventually get to is 150, ive not seen that weight since probably 2003 :( So far ive lost 2.4 of the 5 already so more than that would be epic!
  • MandykinsK1980
    Options
    I am totally in! Any weight loss is good weight loss and this totally seems like a healthy goal! :happy:
  • lpeavy
    lpeavy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Weight was 169 this morning!!!
  • ThatGirl_1968
    ThatGirl_1968 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in....weigh in 144.5lb (yes I'm tracking those little half pounds because that's all I'm down this week! argh!)
  • mgoldy1120
    Options
    I am in. I am afraid to weigh myself though. I dont want to know my current weight.
    I will have to weigh in tomorow in the AM
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Great to see the July / August friends joining the Sept challenge! And there are lots of new September faces!! Welcome all!

I stopped in to the gym on my way to work this morning, just to weigh myself so I could post my start weight today: 157.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I weighed in the morning for this challenge.

9-01-10 214.0 lbs
    9-06-10 >>>>>goal 210.0 lbs
    9-17-10
    9-25-10
    9-30-10 >>>>>goal 200.0 lbs

I'm going to try to complete thru week 7 of C25K this month (currently almost done with week 4 AGAIN)
    I also want to bike at least 40 miles, do Jillian's Shred at least 10 times, and then of course my water aerobics & Zumba classes.
    Its gonna be a workout month for me!
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think of missing a month with you guys!

Starting weight for September 2010... 176.7

5 lbs would put me at 171.7...so I'm going to go for that extra 1.7 lbs and shoot for 170 or under!
  • hepkitty
    Options
    Hey, I'm in again. Not much progress last month, I only lost 1/2 a pound. But considering that included a totally no-restrictions week long holiday, I'm okay with it :) Hubby wants to get back on the weight loss track again too now so that bodes well for not as many temptations :)
    September starting weight - 155.9
    goal weight - 152 (not quite 5 # but I want to aim for something I might actually hit). Would still be nice to hit 5# tho :)
  • fmax46
    Options
    I'm in again for this month - starting weight 207.
  • sheenmarie3
    sheenmarie3 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Starting at 195.5
  • SuperSushiLove
    Options
    I'm in! Let's get rid of as much as possible before the holidays!