The thread killer, or ignored question...

Options
123457»

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    <<<<> even weighs prepackaged food.

Because often it is wrong

Yep! Well, most of them. I haven't weighed my quest bars. Maybe I should. Forget yogurts though... too much a pain.
    I always weigh Quest bars. It's very rare for them to actually weigh 60g. They can vary as much as 10g either way, which is a huge difference.
    But if they vary either way, it doesn't matter. Log it as 190 calories every time and it comes out in the wash.
  • hobbit_mom
    hobbit_mom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've never found a weigh thingy for it in the database. It's all in cups. Spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, all of it, in fukcing cups.
    [/quote]

85g is the weight given on the packages of frozen veg, so I use that as my standard for cooked veg. With raw, I will search the whole veg and eyeball a portion, as the difference between 1/2 and 3/5 of a green pepper is about 6 calories. Mayo does not have a weight, so that I need to measure and hope.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I have a food scale...and use it sometimes, not always. It is very handy. I'm also a cooking pro and pretty good at eyeballing measurements, but its always smart to check now and then.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    <<<<> even weighs prepackaged food.

Because often it is wrong

Yep! Well, most of them. I haven't weighed my quest bars. Maybe I should. Forget yogurts though... too much a pain.
    I always weigh Quest bars. It's very rare for them to actually weigh 60g. They can vary as much as 10g either way, which is a huge difference.
    But if they vary either way, it doesn't matter. Log it as 190 calories every time and it comes out in the wash.

So far, it's been more. lol. We'll see.

Regarding veggies - typically there is an entry without * at the start that is MFP's own data. I use that. Otherwise, for some reason people enter the cup entry for frozen veggies, and I have to check the package to see the number of grams that it's for. If I don't feel lazy, I add it in the database (like 3/4 cup (85g)) but by now I know most of the grams per serving anyway...

Mayo has a weight here. What pisses me off is stuff that comes in milliliters.