3 Ingredient Cookies that are good for you.....YES!!!

Options

Replies

• Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, I was sure this was going to be one of those godawful recipes "with three ingredients only; a box of cookie mix, something, and something else". OP's recipe sounds fantastic!

ROFL! I was expecting the same thing.

I am soooo going to try this.
  • jasoncbackus
    jasoncbackus Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Saving for later!
  • samanthaxb
    samanthaxb Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You just saved me from the munchies! :D
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    for variety spread half the cookies with peanut butter while hot, it cools into a glaze
  • lecia125
    lecia125 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    sounds so yummy!
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Will have to try. Thanks.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PJPont
    PJPont Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    To make them a bit more moist .....

Add 1/4 of liquid to the oats & let it soak.
    While the oats are soaking, you can be mashing the bananas, get the other stuff together, preheat the oven etc.

Maybe some almond milk, regular milk, or applesauce.
    any other ideas ?
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    These sound yummy!
  • bumblebeez86
    bumblebeez86 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    sound great defo need to try these :)
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Just discovered a delicious recipe for Oatmeal Cookies using 3 ingredients AND THEY ARE GOOOOOOOD!!

2 brown banana’s (Browner, the sweeter)
    1.5 cups of oatmeal (I like the original whole oats, but instant will work too)
    Dash of cinnamon

Optional add ins: (Which I do)
    Handful of chopped walnuts
    Handful of Chocolate chips or Raisins/berries

Mash the banana’s and oatmeal together so they are well mixed, add your goodies and bake on 350 F for 15 minutes. Excellent hot and cold! They should make a dozen and portion out the calories based on what you put in. I usually eat 1-2 about 15min before my workout in the morning and it's an excellent boost so that I'm not hungry during my cardio. :)

Other natural easy yummy recipes out there?

Edited--Oh, forgot to add, they are good right out of the oven, but they are also real good out of the fridge.

Is there a reason for the cinnamon other than taste? I would love to surprise my bestie with these but she is allergic to cinnamon!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Will definitely have to try these! YUM
  • stb1234
    stb1234 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump for tonights baking adventures
  • AprilJG79
    AprilJG79 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great thanks! I have some over ripe bananas too so I don't have to wait.
  • pennypuffkin
    pennypuffkin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Made these tonight. Added some semi-sweet chocolate chips. Yum!
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    These are amazing! I make different sized batches depending on how many bananas I have, and I do 1/3 cup dry uncooked oats per banana. I've never actually eaten them without adding at least one or two other ingredients. My faves are mini dark chocolate chips and sunflower seeds. They are not crunchy at all, more on the chewy side. And they don't rise or spread when they bake, so you need to shape and flatten them before. I used to make them 2 Tbs size and bake for 15 minutes, but it's easier to make 1/4 cup size and bake for 20 minutes. They refrigerate well and are good cold, which is good because they mold within a few days otherwise. I'm looking forward to trying some of the other mix in ideas I've seen here.

We made these tonight with:

1. 1.5 C instant oatmeal
    2. 2 ripe bananas
    3. 4 Tbs PB2 chocolate
    4. 2 packets truvia
    5. Cinnamon- few dashes

We ended up with 9 as 12 were just too small. So by my calculations each cookie ended up being around 72 calories (around 650 for the batch).

They are dry as someone else mentioned and not great--will have to modify the recipe a bit to get some additional moisture in there. Maybe some almond milk or apple sauce as others have mentioned.

Still for the difference in calories from a regular cookie and the extra protein, it is worth the time investment.
  • DancingOnCloud9
    DancingOnCloud9 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just discovered a delicious recipe for Oatmeal Cookies using 3 ingredients AND THEY ARE GOOOOOOOD!!

2 brown banana’s (Browner, the sweeter)
    1.5 cups of oatmeal (I like the original whole oats, but instant will work too)
    Dash of cinnamon

Optional add ins: (Which I do)
    Handful of chopped walnuts
    Handful of Chocolate chips or Raisins/berries

Mash the banana’s and oatmeal together so they are well mixed, add your goodies and bake on 350 F for 15 minutes. Excellent hot and cold! They should make a dozen and portion out the calories based on what you put in. I usually eat 1-2 about 15min before my workout in the morning and it's an excellent boost so that I'm not hungry during my cardio. :)

Other natural easy yummy recipes out there?

Edited--Oh, forgot to add, they are good right out of the oven, but they are also real good out of the fridge.

Is there a reason for the cinnamon other than taste? I would love to surprise my bestie with these but she is allergic to cinnamon!

Just a taste preference. You can do Vanilla or Almond extract instead or something else, or nothing. :)
  • thekacks
    thekacks Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump