Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @bethanie0825 I'm glad someone else knows my feels. I like to work out, but I LOVES me some sleeps. Sleep is super essential, workouts can be held off and as long as I stay under my calories, I will still lose. :smile:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It is my Friday! My senses of taste and smell are finally slowly returning after weeks without them and the little one is going to Grandma's for the evening, can't wait to have a few beers. Haven't patronized our home away from home in weeks!

I wish I would get the motivation to do yoga at work again. I used to but my lack of motivation is at an all-time high. I bring my mat, blocks, clothes every night...never do it. I told my 5 year old we should do yoga together and she's excited so hopefully she'll con me into doing it. I always tell her things we are going to do/plans that way it forces me to actually DO them instead of procrastinating my life away...
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,229 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Woke up early. Went down and tried out the new dumbbells. I got the Bowflex dumbbells. They are GREAT! I love being able to just dial in the weight and it's done. No switching weights or unscrewing the caps and swapping. Now if I just felt better about lunges. An hour of weights, then I put in a pully system to hang my fat tire bike and a couple hooks to hang my wife bike. My road bikes sit in the trainers when I'm not out on them. Then it was off to work and install a new computer and put in my own iMac on my desk. It's been a good day. :smile: Now if I could get a couple easy surgeries to come through the door. :laugh:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @sufferlandrian Damn! Sounds like a great night for you so far! An 'easy' surgery? Does that exist?

@Frankie_Felinius I remember when the I thought about how working nights is fabulous because I could have a beer before 10 AM in the morning and no one could say a darn thing about it! I have yet to take advantage of this.
    I do hope your little one cons you into yoga. I know my motivation is at a low point as well. If my calories weren't so on point I would worry about it more, but I'm still losing. Not as quickly as I would like, but I am.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Ha! I drink more in the mornings than at night! I sometimes feel weird with a drink in hand at 8 a.m. (even though it is MY evening). Then some days I wake up in the evening (which is my morning) and go have breakfast/dinner and a beer with my fiance...which is essentially me having beer for breakfast and I never feel weird about that! The nanobrewery we frequent doesn't open until 11 a.m. on weekends/2 p.m. weekdays...so sad...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow! Why didn't I think of Beer for breakfast! It's like liquid cornflakes. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Lmao @ liquid cornflakes!

I'm usually in bed within an hour of getting home. No evenings for me. Just wake up in the afternoon and head to work.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I'd like to go home and go to bed. I have a 5 year old so I've always had to stay awake until her naptime. She goes to school full-time next year for kindergarten so I think I'll start coming home and going straight to bed. I can wake up in the afternoon/early evening and actually have family time. Normally, it is more like two single parents with us working different shifts...I'm with her in the day while daddy is at work and he is with her evenings while I sleep.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Wow! Why didn't I think of Beer for breakfast! It's like liquid cornflakes. :smile:

Brilliant!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed @Frankie_Felinius my kids go to a sitter during the day so I can sleep. I wouldn't be able to function otherwise! I love my red wine with breakfast
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Alrighty everyone, I am present tonight with another Officer. Everyone say hello to Gerwick! She'll be chilling with me for the duration of our shift! :tongue:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Or don't say hi.... that's cool... :grumble:
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    A belated hi ok?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Hi Gerwick! Back on tonight and ready to go. Somebody bring me a surgery dog. :smile:
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    OK since I had 2 votes for stay and nobody told me so far to GTFO, I am staying because I like it here and I AM a nightbird! I am up late after my evening shifts anyway!

@lilaclovebird I love the Bento boxes and the thread! Haven't posted in a while been lazy about it, nothing pretty. I want to gt back into it, it DOES make you want to eat healthy food! And helped my husband with a heart problem like healthy food since he HAS to now.
  • cindytw
    Options
    @sufferlandrian I can't wish a surgery dog on you, but would sure send a referral if you were nearby! I broke down and got my dog a tick pill along with his heartworm one. I didn't want to but since he is already Lyme positive I didn't want to risk it since we are now a highly infested area. I will still use repellants (herbal) as I know nothing is 100%. He got his first tick on Revolution, which he hated and ran from. :/
  • cindytw
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius and @WildcatMom82 I have often come home and had a drink at 6-7-8am. I find it's only weird to those who never worked nights!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    We had our first Tick Paralysis dog of the season two nights ago. I think it was complicated by the owner overdosing the dog on DEET but either way, the dog is doing very well and was sent home the following morning.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Every time I get ready to get on the exercise bike, something comes in. I'm glad that stuff is coming in, but what is it with the bike that attacks people. Or is it that God hates exercise bikes? Maybe the Devil doesn't want me to get in better shape? I'm not sure what it is but I'll keep trying so that stuff keeps coming in. :smile:
  • cindytw
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @sufferlandrian, maybe you are being told you need a different form of exercise? Just sayin...

Oh, and I am chemical SCARED, would never OD him on anything! I am talking essential oils and water, AND a spray for my yard with peppermint and clove and Rose Geranium oil. I think it worked, I never saw anything on him after I started using it but can't be sure. I am being over-cautious at the expense of my fear of chemicals.