Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• missliss4763
    missliss4763 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Night shift here...feel free to add me...I work 18:30-06:30...police/911 dispatcher...this schedule has been the hardest to stay on track with!
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    ooo we have some newbies......good morning everyone.....welcome to the normal peoples group..........
    mandymay01 wrote: »
    ....just to make it clear im on my break. Of course I would not have my phone on me

Haha...I do this too when working.......I work in a food factory.....(Chocolate to be precise....form an orderly queue ladies...lol......) and I could get sack for having my phone on shop floor....[open disclaimer] "so of course I never do it" [close disclaimer]
    Hmm it's 12:30am and I am getting *kitten* faced, and playing some call of duty.

I want your job if you can do this while working nights.....(I feel we may have a night dweller not worker....has he paid the entry fee sufferman??)

I can't sleep on my nights off, either. The closest 24 hr grocery store is 25 miles away, not very convenient. I do a lot of laundry on my nights off :-) And binge watch Marvel TV shows

You I like...anyone who does marvel marathons is cool in my book......and you could wash my undercrackers at the same time.....lol......

Welcome everyone......I am your local nut job....always here to make you all feel better about yourselves....if your doing any worse than me your in deep *kitten*....

Good luck

Happy weekend........keep smiling...
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    13 hours in to a 62 hour shift. Thank goodness for quick naps. :smile: It was pretty good last night but it's pretty slow this morning. It must be the good weather. Everyone is out in the mountains or at the lake.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep on my nights off, either. The closest 24 hr grocery store is 25 miles away, not very convenient. I do a lot of laundry on my nights off :-) And binge watch Marvel TV shows

I used to be able to. Now I just have a hard time sleeping at any time, I'm finding my head just don't STFU lately/
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Beginning of World Laboratory Animal Liberation Week. This is going to be a long week. I've only been here an hour and it feels like I've been here for 3. I've got my more annoying coworker with me here tonight doing patrols. I don't wanna be here with the thunder and lightening and the rain. I want my bed and a good book or a nap.

At least with this crappy weather we shouldn't have many people trying to break into the facility to try and 'liberate' our animals.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @missliss4763 A DISPATCHER?! I work for the University of Texas Police Department-Houston and I LOVE our dispatchers and the county dispatchers are great! I am CONVINCED you guys are magic. The magic, safe, calm voices at the other end of my radio. You save lives! I don't even know you and I love you. :smiley::heart:
  • fatjon73
    Options
    At least with this crappy weather we shouldn't have many people trying to break into the facility to try and 'liberate' our animals.

Is this not "crack some skulls" time???.........I would have a field day fighting the nutters off.....Just walk round swinging a baseball bat.......smiling.....throw in the odd twitch and scary giggle.....and they will stay away...and if not.....swing away.......free workout at work......Bonus.......lol........liberal do gooders.....lol.....most of them don't understand half the stuff there protesting about.....its just an excuse to cause havoc..... Most of them need to wash and get a job......
  • fatjon73
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »

I used to be able to. Now I just have a hard time sleeping at any time, I'm finding my head just don't STFU lately/

What are the voices telling you to do Bel????.....if its eat / drink were OK......if it gets dark in that mind of yours....sign yourself in to the local nut house pal........ask for some tranqs / sleeping pills and any other narcotic they will give out and take a week off pal........Take a note book too...bet you could get some right stories from the others in there as well......
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    fatjon73 wrote: »

Is this not "crack some skulls" time???.........I would have a field day fighting the nutters off.....Just walk round swinging a baseball bat.......smiling.....throw in the odd twitch and scary giggle.....and they will stay away...and if not.....swing away.......free workout at work......Bonus.......lol........liberal do gooders.....lol.....most of them don't understand half the stuff there protesting about.....its just an excuse to cause havoc..... Most of them need to wash and get a job......

The worst part, is some of them scream about 'freeing' the chimpanzees we have. They don't even REALIZE that a LOT of the chimps we have are from people who bought them to be pets(stupid people) and from other labs that kept them in small(I mean no room to stretch out) cages. They were not socialized and have mental problems.

If they come in here and try to 'release' them, they could be seriously injured or even die. Especially considering grown chimps can be 6-8 times stronger than an average human male.
  • BodyByBex
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I understand not wanting people to do research on animals. However, "Liberating" them only condemns them to death. They will either starve, get injured, or become a danger and need to be shot. That doesn't sound like they did the animals any favors. You couldn't convince them of that.
  • belimawr
    Options
    fatjon73 wrote: »
    What are the voices telling you to do Bel????.....if its eat / drink were OK......if it gets dark in that mind of yours....sign yourself in to the local nut house pal........ask for some tranqs / sleeping pills and any other narcotic they will give out and take a week off pal........Take a note book too...bet you could get some right stories from the others in there as well......

You don't want to know my friend... You don't want to know.

I see your "." and raise you a "!".

You call that crappy? Ok call me odd but I'd rather stormy weather than sunny.

As far as the animal thing, I'm impartial but yeah the dumbasses that try to keep them as powers are just that. Leave'm in the frickin wild.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I think many nightshifters may enjoy stormy weather...better sleeping weather! At least for me grey, overcast, stormy days are the best days for sleeping! I hate sunshine and warm weather (no matter what shift I work). I'd live somewhere it snowed year round if I could...but I know I'm the minority.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    EXACTLY! @Frankie_Felinius Although I prefer sunshine,

I love it when it's stormy and rainy in the daytime. Makes for good sleeping. However, working through it during the night is not so much fun and it seems to only really rain and storm in Texas at night.

The other thing I don't like is when it rains here, everything floods. Rivers, lakes, my front yard. If the storms could leave some soil after they have come that would be nice.
  • fatjon73
    Options
    I think many nightshifters may enjoy stormy weather...better sleeping weather! At least for me grey, overcast, stormy days are the best days for sleeping! I hate sunshine and warm weather (no matter what shift I work). I'd live somewhere it snowed year round if I could...but I know I'm the minority.

I can sleep through anything......I like my sleep......but my other half has just started working nights too....in January this year....first time ever......I have been on Nights now 7 yrs perminant........within one month of her being on nights.....I had to install a black out bland at the bedroom window.....triple seal the windows for sound.........put a curain up at the landing window....as the light comes under the bedroom door and wakes her.........its like the blair witch project in my house all the time.....pitch black.........I should wear black eye liner and get Marilyn Manson tattoos........lol.......
  • fatjon73
    Options
    Right everyone.....I have some sad news.........

I have found one of our founding memebers.......she has sadly departed us,.......... @cindytw is no longer a nightshifter.......she has gone to the other side........SHE WORKS EVENINGS...........please take a minute to give an old friend a good send off to the dark side...(or should that be a bit lighter side...as its evenings...)

She has told me she no longer feels deserving of our friendship anymore.......as she has deserted us.........
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @fatjon73 LOL isn't it true that non-night members be cast out? I would be happy to stay if I am allowed on an evening shift!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute...Am I actually up later than the Night Shift??
  • belimawr
    Options

Even when I worked days, I liked stormy days better. Maybe I'm just odd. You're not alone in preferring snow to warm weather though, I feel my best when temps are below 40F.
  • BodyByBex
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @cindytw I see no reason why you can't still pop in on us. When I worked evenings I stayed up well into the morning sometimes before heading to bed. You are more than welcome to stay.* :smiley:

*Note: I am only speaking for myself.