Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• pco2
    pco2 Posts: 62 Member
    Now that I'm off a stretch I have a night at a speakeasy tomorrow, girls night in Thurs and a bachelorette Saturday. I will fail miserably

You're already setting yourself up for failure. Think positive, set limits, indulge a little but not like you normally would and only stick to low cal drinks! You can do it!
  • oneunfitdad
    oneunfitdad Posts: 911 Member
    Well I'm new but work nights can I join
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Just had to spay a dog with puppies. She wasn't spayed and the owners other dog that was three times her size bred her. She has been trying for 24 hours to pass the puppies and can't. We had to go in and take the puppies. Only three out of 7 lived. I took her uterus while I was in surgery so it can't happen again. Now I need to see if I can get a charity group to pay for it because they have no money.

Good LORD! That's awful! I am a firm believer in 'Don't litter! Spay and neuter your critters!'

@oneunfitdad WELCOME!

@Wildcatmom82 I agree with @pco2 Just think positive and set limits. Also, since I can't stick to low cal drinks, I just dance like crazy for a while to burn some calories. :smiley:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Mom and the puppies just headed home. And I know for a fact she will never be back for another C-Section. :smiley:
  • BodyByBex
    @sufferlandrian Thank GOODNESS. That is major surgery. Poor mama.

Hope you get the cost thing straightened out. I know vet bills can be expensive. Do you see other critters besides dogs? Like ferrets?
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Great... spaying talk and I'm heating up my lunch... always an exciting night on mfp!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,487 Member
    I work 6p to 6a. I log whatever my first meal is as breakfast. I usually eat around 1p or 2p. If I eat my dinner after midnight (which happens some nights), I go back to the previous day and log it as dinner. Anything after 3 am gets logged on the next day as a morning snack, it's usually no more than 200-300 calories anyways. I try not to eat after midnight just to maintain some sort of normal routine butsometimes I get the munchies :-)
  • BodyByBex
    @bethanie0825 You killed the thread!

Not really. I'm sure everyone just got busy.
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    I work 6p to 6a. I log whatever my first meal is as breakfast. I usually eat around 1p or 2p. If I eat my dinner after midnight (which happens some nights), I go back to the previous day and log it as dinner. Anything after 3 am gets logged on the next day as a morning snack, it's usually no more than 200-300 calories anyways. I try not to eat after midnight just to maintain some sort of normal routine butsometimes I get the munchies :-)

For me........I have changed my diary settings to show times of day.....I then log my food in the times I eat them....so my log is accurate to times......I work 4 nights a week, then switch back to "normal" at weekends...so my eating pattern is all over the place....the 4 nights at work I eat a main meal at 1am.....so I log it then......it keeps me on track.......my switch days can be worst....eaten at night.,......then at home the next night....so logging the times stops me eating too much that day.....

Think my Diary should be public if you want a nosey.......(look at timings not food choices...lol)
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Well I'm new but work nights can I join

Welcome.....if you read back we have one rule in here........you must either work nights......automatic entry for that......but we can be coaxed with extra large burgers.....and weed.......
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,508 Member
    My diary is broken up into times as well. I would go even crazier trying to figure out how to log my breakfast (dinner foods at 3 pm) or my dinner ( breakfast foods at 8 am)! Joys of nightshift
  • sufferlandrian
    @sufferlandrian Thank GOODNESS. That is major surgery. Poor mama.

Hope you get the cost thing straightened out. I know vet bills can be expensive. Do you see other critters besides dogs? Like ferrets?

Pretty much if it has a tail and isn't an ag animal I'll see it. I've worked on snakes, lizards, birds, ferrets, wild cats like Bobcats, wallabies and kangaroos. I don't work on horses, cows and goats.
  • sufferlandrian
    I switched mine to hours as well.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Ugh... just found out my relief in the morning will be leaving for another job... meaning for the next 8+ months I may be working 16 hours a day, 4 days a week... great.
  • bethanie0825
    Lmao or the only still awake and milling around. I'm here till six am and again tonight, then my weekend off!
  • bethanie0825
    edited April 2015
    And I didn't realize you could change your diary over to times. But know I see what I could do that at
  • javimendoza
    javimendoza Posts: 52 Member
    at work right now.... just had a meal at 1:00 am.... where should i log it...? yesterday... or today... (finally attached to yestarday as a dinner) also... my pacer is on since yesterday at 6pm and will go off at 6am... so those calories burned will point to yesterday... ha ha... what a tread
  • suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    at work right now.... just had a meal at 1:00 am.... where should i log it...? yesterday... or today... (finally attached to yestarday as a dinner) also... my pacer is on since yesterday at 6pm and will go off at 6am... so those calories burned will point to yesterday... ha ha... what a tread

What a lot of people on the graveyard shift do is set up their diaries by hours instead of by meals... So if I ate at 1am (which, ironically, I did do!) I'd log it in my diary under "12a to 4a". Similarly when I have lunch in a few, I'll log it under "4a to 8a"
  • javimendoza
    javimendoza Posts: 52 Member
    Well... i work night shifts ocasionally... and yes... i use meals... not hours... my diaries start at 6am (6to9, 9to12, 12to3 and so...) and finish by midnight... so, from midnight to 6 am theres a blank space... we all should be slepping by that time. My respects for all the night shifters... its an ugly schedule but someone has to do it.
  • sufferlandrian
    Push it out to four hours at a time instead of three hours and you will make it 24 hours. (12-4, 4-8, 8-12, etc.