Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    I've been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking competition tonight.
  • oneunfitdad
    oneunfitdad Posts: 911 Member
    Tbh wish I was the hotel is dead
  • sufferlandrian
    My first chance to sit down tonight. Can I take a nap after all that? :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,487 Member
    I'm a fan of naps lol.

I switched over from meal names to four hour blocks of time. Can't wait to see how this works for me. Keep me honest about how often I'm actually eating too.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    @javimendoza It's all personal preference.

I used to log all my meals for the following day as I got up at 8PM, started work at 11PM, so the majority of my meals were the following day. It did get kind of cumbersome which is why I switched to the midnight-midnight scheme. In the end, it doesn't matter as long as you're accurate.
  • sufferlandrian
    We just went dead after midnight. It gives me a chance to get caught up on records. Any yes, I did get to toss in a quick nap around 3 AM. I hate falling asleep at my desk but I love getting a nap in. :smile: I love working Emergency Medicine! Where else could you get in a quick nap at work? :laugh:
  • belimawr
    edited April 2015
    And this is how I start vacation...

d6z5fmnf07r9.jpg

@fatjon73 yes, that steak is still mooing... and more on the grill ;)
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    your not supposed to eat the sticks off the BBQ too mate.....that thing next to the blue fork....it is a stick is it not????.....and if you call that piddly little thing a steak then I am not coming to yours for a party..........made me hungry though....
  • belimawr
    Yeah it was a steak but I had already eaten most of it before I decided to take that pic.

I threw the carrot in because, well, mfp would ban the pic otherwise;-)

• sufferlandrian
    LOL. :smile: Good start to vacation. Enjoy. :+1:
  • catb58
    catb58 Posts: 239 Member
    Night shift again this month...but I've been so busy with stuff going on that I haven't been online. Then off the first 2 weeks of May, but will return to day shift. Trying to get myself back on track! It's been a real struggle the past couple of months
  • belimawr
    LOL. :smile: Good start to vacation. Enjoy. :+1:

Not really, here I am up at 1am. Ugh. I can't seem to get any sleep at night anymore when I'm off, and of course, can't get anything done around here either!

Home Depot and Lowe's should be open 24 hours.

Harbor Freight's got a sale going on this week... I wonder where I'll be spending vacation other than in front of that grill. :)
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,508 Member
    I can't sleep on my nights off, either. The closest 24 hr grocery store is 25 miles away, not very convenient. I do a lot of laundry on my nights off :-) And binge watch Marvel TV shows
  • haleklausen
    haleklausen Posts: 1,857 Member
    Hmm it's 12:30am and I am getting *kitten* faced, and playing some call of duty.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Sitting here at work, forgot my quick-dry nail topcoat. Sooo, if I paint my nails...surely someone will need something...what a quandry...
  • mandymay01
    mandymay01 Posts: 758 Member
    Right now its slow at work. Cross my fingers. Hope everyone else's night is going good
  • mandymay01
    mandymay01 Posts: 758 Member
    ....just to make it clear im on my break. Of course I would not have my phone on me
  • missliss4763
    missliss4763 Posts: 26 Member
    Night shift here...feel free to add me...I work 18:30-06:30...police/911 dispatcher...this schedule has been the hardest to stay on track with!
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    ooo we have some newbies......good morning everyone.....welcome to the normal peoples group..........
    mandymay01 wrote: »
    ....just to make it clear im on my break. Of course I would not have my phone on me

Haha...I do this too when working.......I work in a food factory.....(Chocolate to be precise....form an orderly queue ladies...lol......) and I could get sack for having my phone on shop floor....[open disclaimer] "so of course I never do it" [close disclaimer]
    Hmm it's 12:30am and I am getting *kitten* faced, and playing some call of duty.

I want your job if you can do this while working nights.....(I feel we may have a night dweller not worker....has he paid the entry fee sufferman??)

I can't sleep on my nights off, either. The closest 24 hr grocery store is 25 miles away, not very convenient. I do a lot of laundry on my nights off :-) And binge watch Marvel TV shows

You I like...anyone who does marvel marathons is cool in my book......and you could wash my undercrackers at the same time.....lol......

Welcome everyone......I am your local nut job....always here to make you all feel better about yourselves....if your doing any worse than me your in deep *kitten*....

Good luck

Happy weekend........keep smiling...
  • sufferlandrian
    13 hours in to a 62 hour shift. Thank goodness for quick naps. :smile: It was pretty good last night but it's pretty slow this morning. It must be the good weather. Everyone is out in the mountains or at the lake.