The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I can't get a bike ride in because it's been so rainy! I took an extra long bath today, no bike ride. And ate some bread and butter, chips and hot sauce/sour cream...and drank margs. Uhhh...I don't think I'm doin' so good either! But on the flip side, I hadn't weighed myself in probably two weeks and if I had to have guessed, I would have said I gained close to 10 lbs, by how I felt. Oddly enough, I was actually 0.8 lbs LOWER than my recent lowest weight. Hmm...not sure how that works since I barely get to ride my bike now that school is out...and I haven't been logging food. When I don't log, I eat crap. Oh well. Now I just need to get back with it before I do some real damage! Going out Tuesday night soooo...I'll start Wednesday ;) Going to see a band that I have seen only once before in VA back in 2008. They primarily only tour on the East Coast and I've waited YEARS to see them again...didn't really think I would get the chance. They are coming to my city Tuesday night! So it will be a night of pre-show bbq nachos and pale ale. But I guarantee I'll be dancing at the show so maybe I'll break even calorie-wise! It's funny...I get dressed to the nines for shows...I spend hours getting ready and I am meticulous about my hair and makeup. Then I go to shows and dance like a fool until I'm dripping sweat and have to throw my hair up in pins! My favorite band...it is seriously like a workout going to see them...between the amount I dance and jump and sweat and my heart rate being sky high for two hours straight...sheeeeit. If I could see them everyday, I'd be one in shape mother trucker. A downside? I always get front row and if I'm at a venue where we are at the stage, I leave with bruised elbows from them getting pounded on the stage while clapping, etc. The funny part? It is an old-timey string band! You'd think metal by the looks of me when I leave, bruised and worn out. Good times...
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I hopped on the scale and it's only went up a pound or 2.

@Frankie_Felinius have fun!!! My taste in music goes from appropriate to please don't judge me lol!
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've been off work for 2 nights, but still wake up at 2 am bc I'm hungry! Lol. I'm still busy packing stuff to put into storage, and cleaning the house. The house goes on the market July 9, and as soon as it sells (hopefully), I can join my family!! There is light at the end of the tunnel
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Thanks @bethanie0825, I will!

I'm outta here in an hour. I need to do a mask, bleach my teeth, decide on a dress...then take a long nap so I will be awake and ready for the show later!
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird enjoy all that overtime while you can, may suck not seeing your new guy as much as you would've, but all that hard work and that bank account will def pay off. I could go for some overtime. It would help with the bills (healthy groceries cost sooo much more than junk), the toddler, and trying to go back to school. And let me know how you like the program. I've been in a massive workout rut and trying to fix it.

@bethanie0825 I'm beginning to think our careers are not meant for healthy people/lifestyles lol. Its been a struggle!

@MadDogManor Hope you're enjoying those nights off and that your house sells quickly with a great offer!

@Frankie_Felinius Enjoy your show!!!!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius , who was the band?

Friggin Dave Grohl had to go and break his leg, hope he still plays next month. Otherwise, this year's lineup on the Shore... meh, not my thing.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    My office feels like someone turned the heater on. I'm sweating more in my office than I did on my bike!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    My office feels like someone turned the heater on. I'm sweating more in my office than I did on my bike!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    You could be where I'm at, it was 100 yesterday and will be almost as hot today. I took my break after 10pm and it was 88 out and tropical humidity. Yuck!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Oh yay me! 'Tropical Storm Bill' had been downgraded to 'Tropical Depression Bill'. So HOPEFULLY my relief will show up on time and I can enjoy my two days without pay while I truck my dad to San Antonio to the immigration offices down there. As much as I HATE the idea of wasting a day off in another city, my mom told us to 'treat ourselves' so that will be happening on Thursday. And if the outcome is favorable, hopefully I won't be the only person in the house(bear in mind my mom is STILL in Dallas) with a driver's license.

I am so tired of being tired because I have to deal with grocery shopping with my dad on HIS schedule (he sleeps in until about 11am) and beer runs for my Uncle(who no longer has a driver's license due to drinking and driving issues, BUT he DOESN'T have a problem with alcohol /sarcasm).

If I am to go without sleep I want it to be for a stupid Becca-related reason. Like to spend Friday awake and by the pool getting drunk and sunburned all to hell when I have to work that evening. Not because I have to cart someone else around town to keep food in the house and everyone else happy. And would it kill ANYONE ELSE to do the dishes once in a while?

Wake up, do the dishes, workout, do MORE dishes?! Go to work, come home, do the dishes, go to sleep and repeat.

UNLESS I go to Sergeant Sexy Pants's house(SSP for short), then I go home, change clothes, go to his house, hang out, maybe go out for food or maybe stay in, talk a LOT and then I go home, much to his dismay(this may be a point of contention). Then I clean the kitchen and go to sleep and repeat.

I end up more tired on the days I visit him BUT it's worth it. :smiley:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Maybe if you hide at Sgt Sexy Pants house and shut off your cell phone, they can't find you and you can get some sleep. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Maybe if you hide at Sgt Sexy Pants house and shut off your cell phone, they can't find you and you can get some sleep. :smile:

The whole being stuck there for 22 hours thing was a fluke and I HAD to sleep there or drown trying to get to my own bed.

However, given a choice, I wont sleep at his house yet....It's a thing... I'm really leery of the whole 'relationship' thing right now and sleeping over seems like a 'relationshipy' thing and I am just not ready. He kind of hates it and he always suggests that I stay and I always decline and then he seems upset for a minute and then lets it go. I just can't go there yet. It's only been a month.
  • BodyByBex
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @sufferlandrian See above....because double post... :grumble: ....
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird dare you not tell the folks that if they want YOU to ferry them around to do THERE shopping then they MUST do it in YOUR time schedule.......I would be like right you need your *kitten*...then get up early and I will take you......if not tough *kitten* im sleeping as I need sleep for work.......things like doctors and appointments cant be helped and yes you do them when needed....but shopping.......no bloody way......go at my time or don't go......

Its not fair they expect you to do it all....when they want...not when you can do it......working nights is hard enough for us all and inconsiderate people really grate me nerves when it comes to *kitten* like this.......Get em told lass......lol.......

Can you tell I just woke up.....im not a morning person at all.......
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

The whole being stuck there for 22 hours thing was a fluke and I HAD to sleep there or drown trying to get to my own bed.

However, given a choice, I wont sleep at his house yet....It's a thing... I'm really leery of the whole 'relationship' thing right now and sleeping over seems like a 'relationshipy' thing and I am just not ready. He kind of hates it and he always suggests that I stay and I always decline and then he seems upset for a minute and then lets it go. I just can't go there yet. It's only been a month.

couldn't agree with you more. :+1: He's a guy. He will be upset for about 30 seconds you didn't like his suggestion and then he will remember he was supposed to go fishing and forget what you were just talking about. :laugh:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @fatjon73 - I agree that Lilaclovebird needs to make them accommodate her schedule. I'm also familiar with how families in the Austin area work and I can see it making huge waves. @lilaclovebird - I still agree with Jon more than with culture. Make them work around your schedule.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Oh yay me! 'Tropical Storm Bill' had been downgraded to 'Tropical Depression Bill'. So HOPEFULLY my relief will show up on time and I can enjoy my two days without pay while I truck my dad to San Antonio to the immigration offices down there. As much as I HATE the idea of wasting a day off in another city, my mom told us to 'treat ourselves' so that will be happening on Thursday. And if the outcome is favorable, hopefully I won't be the only person in the house(bear in mind my mom is STILL in Dallas) with a driver's license.

I am so tired of being tired because I have to deal with grocery shopping with my dad on HIS schedule (he sleeps in until about 11am) and beer runs for my Uncle(who no longer has a driver's license due to drinking and driving issues, BUT he DOESN'T have a problem with alcohol /sarcasm).

If I am to go without sleep I want it to be for a stupid Becca-related reason. Like to spend Friday awake and by the pool getting drunk and sunburned all to hell when I have to work that evening. Not because I have to cart someone else around town to keep food in the house and everyone else happy. And would it kill ANYONE ELSE to do the dishes once in a while?

Wake up, do the dishes, workout, do MORE dishes?! Go to work, come home, do the dishes, go to sleep and repeat.

UNLESS I go to Sergeant Sexy Pants's house(SSP for short), then I go home, change clothes, go to his house, hang out, maybe go out for food or maybe stay in, talk a LOT and then I go home, much to his dismay(this may be a point of contention). Then I clean the kitchen and go to sleep and repeat.

I end up more tired on the days I visit him BUT it's worth it. :smiley:
    Is there any way you can have some kind if come-to-Jesus meeting with your family? Not necessarily laying down the law, but letting them know how much of a burden their expectations really are? They may be genuinely oblivious to what they are doing to you, even if it seems hard to believe?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Road "Going to the Sun Road" in Glacier National Park today. Absolutely beautiful! There was a mountain goat at the parking lot at the top that found someone's spilled coffee. He was drinking it like a coffee addict. :smile: It was funny. :smile:
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Lol at the mental picture of a mountain goat drinking coffee
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It was sad in a way. He's probably licking the coffee off the ground because he is so addicted he can't keep an job. He wanders from starbuck's to starbuck's begging for handouts.