The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,215 Member
    Options
    I put my hot rollers in and put on my face...and left when I normally do. I guess I could have gone in early...but..vanity. My fiance was like "There is no way I'm going to wake her and ask her if she wants to go in early!" Smart man.

Definitely a smart man. :laugh:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Huh. I've never seen deer be agressive/defensive, I guess. They usually just take off...no hissing or mooing. Interesting!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Learned a valuable lesson last night: NEVER come between a doe and her fawn.
    Fear not, I am unharmed. I also learned that deer make noise.

As far as tonight goes, I spent 15 minutes of the beginning of my shift throwing up. Anyone ever worked out too hard and gotten sick hours later?

It's because you got too acidic when you were working out. If you don't do something to buffer the pH on your body after a hard work out like that, you could be sick all night. Believe it or not, Tums works pretty good to buffer your pH after a hard workout.

@sufferlandrian Thanks. I did some googling and a lot was said about acidity and consuming high fat foods after a workout making things worse. So, the avocado was probably a bad idea.

The nausea and vomiting only lasted about an hour and now I just feel REALLY tired.
    I will definitely be putting Tums in my system the next time I choose to work out like that again.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Huh. I've never seen deer be agressive/defensive, I guess. They usually just take off...no hissing or mooing. Interesting!

@Frankie_Felinius Yeah we have a lot of deer living out here on the campus and about 4 of them have had new babies. I was warned once about coming between a mama and her baby, and I was afraid of deer initially anyway so I just stay clear. Last night on foot patrol though, I was almost on top of the young one before I even knew what was going on. Once I figured it out, I just popped into the nearest building and waited for them to leave.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird I usually encounter deer when I'm hiking and they normally take off too. I came across a young looking deer and he just kinda watched me stop and take pictures of him. He just went back to eating and wandering around. It was a pretty cool experience.

@sufferlandrian Good tips, I'll keep them in the back of my mind. I didn't know you could throw you pH off like that.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    When deer are dropping fawns, they can become quite aggressive. We put two dogs back together in the last two days that go too close to a fawn and the does kicked the crap out of them and left them with huge lacerations.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    When deer are dropping fawns, they can become quite aggressive. We put two dogs back together in the last two days that go too close to a fawn and the does kicked the crap out of them and left them with huge lacerations.

They do the SAME thing to humans. I wear a headlamp now to better see where the fawns are bedded down so I can actively avoid them. Deer kill an average of 120 people a year and that is one statistic I do NOT want to be a part of.

Granted it largely has to do with deer on highways BUT they are still dangerous predators that secretly hunger for flesh! :s
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Really? 120 people? I didn't see that coming. That's good to know. That's more than bears kill. I guess it's because we expect bears to be aggressive. :smile:
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Really? 120 people? I didn't see that coming. That's good to know. That's more than bears kill. I guess it's because we expect bears to be aggressive. :smile:

at least its not a hippopotamus...evil *kitten* them....
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    fatjon73 wrote: »

I've heard they're super mean and FAST!

• BodyByBex
    Options

I'm feel like a hippo sometimes but I could never move as fast as they do! Lol!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
    Only a hippopotamus will do
    No crocodiles, or rhinoceroseses
    I only like hippopotamuses
    And hippopotamuses like me tooooooo!

• jennifer_417
    Options
    I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
    Only a hippopotamus will do
    No crocodiles, or rhinoceroseses
    I only like hippopotamuses
    And hippopotamuses like me tooooooo!
    LOL!

I'm feel like a hippo sometimes but I could never move as fast as they do! Lol!

Funny, I feel the most like a hippo when I'm TRYING to move fast... -_-

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    I hate records, I hate records, I hate records......
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    UGH! It's only almost 3?! WTF?! I want this day to be over with. I want to cuddle something. I am SO PMSing right now....
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    UGH! It's only almost 3?! WTF?! I want this day to be over with. I want to cuddle something. I am SO PMSing right now....

*hands you chocolate*

• Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    You know what I get to do today? Make a shizzload of dr appts. I finally have insurance after a ton of rigamarole and have a list of crap I need to get taken care of. Chiro for my "S" shaped spine (I blame the rollover accident at 17), girly parts annual exam, kindergarten entry eye exam for my tot, dentist for my tot, endo for whatever autoimmune issue my body has with itself, gastro for my genetically defective digestive system (thanks mom's side) and a therapist for my defective brain. Some of the issues I've needed to address for years now but I always just suffer through stuff and assume things will improve on their own. Meanwhile, my fiance the hypochondriac has some silly rash on his forehead and he's sure he's gonna die. Isn't is supposed to be the opposite? The chick is on top of going to the doc and the dude just brushes everything off? It's not like I'm afraid of docs...just a procrastinator extraordinaire. :|
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    *accidentally spills coffee on your papers* Soooo....that solves the problem, right?

• Frankie_Felinius
    edited June 2015
    Options

I know, right? They're so bulky, heavy, damaged so easily and a pain to store. I mean, records are suuuuper cool nowadays but they are just a pain in the *kitten*. Wait...you mean paperwork...

I actually bought a record a few weeks ago. The first time I saw one of the bands I love, they played a song that I couldn't find on any album they had done and only one YouTube live performance (and that was of the show I was at). That was nearly 1 1/2 ago. On Record Store Day, they released a little 7" with the song I wanted! So of course I go to the local record stores bright and early to beat the crowds and weirdo vinyl aficionados...never found it. I was able to buy it off Amazon though. I actually do like records, they are very nostalgic for me. I was raised primarily by my grandparents and loved listening to The Statler Brothers, Johnny Cash, Conway Twitty, etc. There were also records from my aunts & uncles so I listened to John Denver, The Beatles, The Doors, etc. I only have a dozen or so personally. Wish I had that collection though. They still have it in their basement. I've bought Statler Brothers, Willie Nelson and Family, Tijuana Christmas (I couldn't resist), Scruggs and Flatt, Country Gold types and a few classical. But I'm not IN to vinyl like my friend. She is a vinyl weirdo. Then again, I still buy CDS, too. Buy 'em, put 'em on my phone mp3 style and put 'em away. I just like having them physically, I guess...
  • BodyByBex
    Options

I know, right? They're so bulky, heavy, damaged so easily and a pain to store. I mean, records are suuuuper cool nowadays but they are just a pain in the *kitten*. Wait...you mean paperwork...

Hahaha!