Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Luckily, my kiddo is good to go! We picked out all of her school supplies today...dad took her out later for new kicks and a backpack. None of the backpacks where we went were calling her name. She ended up with a Chewbacca backpack...furry even. What a nerd kid. And some black/aqua/lavendar Chucks. My fiance and I were tallying costs of everything so we could see who owed who what and he added in the cost of the shoes. Earlier today I told him she could wear whatever shoes she already had...she didn't need new ones. So I told him he is eating the cost of those shoes! Lol. I'm THAT mom...new shoes....pfft...she has two pairs that are perfectly fine right now!

Side note: It may seem weird that my fiance and I were seeing "who owed who". We've been together nearly 17 years...never shared a bank account. We've always split bills...groceries, utilities are mine...mortgage, insurance, dinner/drinks/entertainment are his. With the kid, we just split her costs. And you know what? We've never fought about money. They say that is what couples fight about most. People always seems suprised when they find out we are financially independent from one another...but hey...it works for us!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Someone should have told me not to eat the free 860 calorie burger. Someone also should have told me not to go for a run after eating said burger..... :grimace:
    Oh man! Was it at least delicious?

It was mediocre... I got an upset tummy for a mediocre burger....I will never eat a free burger again. Not worth it. :unamused:

I never learn with shizz like this...eat stuff I know damn well aren't worth the calories! Some things you KNOW are worth it though!

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Luckily, my kiddo is good to go! We picked out all of her school supplies today...dad took her out later for new kicks and a backpack. None of the backpacks where we went were calling her name. She ended up with a Chewbacca backpack...furry even. What a nerd kid. And some black/aqua/lavendar Chucks. My fiance and I were tallying costs of everything so we could see who owed who what and he added in the cost of the shoes. Earlier today I told him she could wear whatever shoes she already had...she didn't need new ones. So I told him he is eating the cost of those shoes! Lol. I'm THAT mom...new shoes....pfft...she has two pairs that are perfectly fine right now!

Side note: It may seem weird that my fiance and I were seeing "who owed who". We've been together nearly 17 years...never shared a bank account. We've always split bills...groceries, utilities are mine...mortgage, insurance, dinner/drinks/entertainment are his. With the kid, we just split her costs. And you know what? We've never fought about money. They say that is what couples fight about most. People always seems suprised when they find out we are financially independent from one another...but hey...it works for us!

If it works don't mess with it!
    If I ever live with a guy again it will be in a townhouse. He gets one side and I get the other. Separate utilities, 50/50 mortgage, separate groceries, separate decorating styles and whenever we want to see each other, just walk next door. :laugh:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Effin' awesome. Fire alarm went off...at 1 A.M. False alarm. This has happened 4 or 5 times over the last year or two. The last time it happened, the hotel was told it would be fined next time. Apparently it was "fixed" since then but clearly not...

Checkouts should be fun tomorrow.

I GET that people are unhappy, that they were woken up from their sleep...but I do not get how I will be blamed for it...which I will be...ugh.

And to top it all off...the foxy fireman that I've seen show up before for this shizz...didn't show up this time. Funny side note: The foxy fireman looks an awful lot like my fiance...but more tattooed. I was telling my fiance about how a foxy fireman came in for the false alarm one night and he goes "Did he look like me but tattooed?" Hahaha! He had seen him before too, whenever they were out during the day one time. He always kids me now saying I'll call the fire department at the drop of a hat so I can see Foxy Fireman. (For the record, I'd rather never see Foxy Fireman again if I didn't have to deal with this middle-of-the-night-fire-alarm-bullshizz.)
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Foxy Fireman :laugh:

It sucks that people feel the need to blame someone for something stupid like that. We've had a problem with our fire alarm system not communicating properly and it sends alarms to Simplex and then they call dispatch and dispatch gets angry because we tell them they are going to get more calls. It's not OUR fault, but we get the attitude.

I know what you're dealing with and it definitely sucks BIG time.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Tough break on the fire alarm. Rocking good on getting the kid ready for school so quick! :wink:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Tough break on the fire alarm. Rocking good on getting the kid ready for school so quick! :wink:

Luckily, we didn't need to do much! But I did get a bunch of ducks in a row for stuff to be done ASAP if they needed to be. I really just wanted to go home and snuggle in bed and watch a movie with the kiddo but instead I actually got shizz done. I'm the worst procrastinator and when things get overwhelming...what I normally would do is shut down and lay down...so for me to actually DO stuff or even attempt to do stuff...is pretty good. I didn't freak out too bad, didn't smoke (I've been wanting a cigarette really bad for a week or two and yesterday was the kind of day where I'd normally falter), didn't just shut down and give up, didn't get super irritable...guess I should give myself a little credit.

Hopefully I can get some sleep this "weekend". I haven't been able to get more than 5 hours all week. I wake up after 5 hours and pop up like a piece of toast. Wide awake, not groggy at all. Can't go back to sleep if I tried. Not sure what's up...
  • BodyByBex
    Options

Luckily, we didn't need to do much! But I did get a bunch of ducks in a row for stuff to be done ASAP if they needed to be. I really just wanted to go home and snuggle in bed and watch a movie with the kiddo but instead I actually got shizz done. I'm the worst procrastinator and when things get overwhelming...what I normally would do is shut down and lay down...so for me to actually DO stuff or even attempt to do stuff...is pretty good. I didn't freak out too bad, didn't smoke (I've been wanting a cigarette really bad for a week or two and yesterday was the kind of day where I'd normally falter), didn't just shut down and give up, didn't get super irritable...guess I should give myself a little credit.

Hopefully I can get some sleep this "weekend". I haven't been able to get more than 5 hours all week. I wake up after 5 hours and pop up like a piece of toast. Wide awake, not groggy at all. Can't go back to sleep if I tried. Not sure what's up...

You REALLY should. :smiley:
    You've dealt with a pretty high stress thing there and got everything done in time. I'm proud of you!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    "I only took the E-Collar off for a second." If I wanted the e-collar off, I wouldn't have sent one home. So yes, I'm going to charge you to put the sutures back in.
  • DiddleOnTheRun
    DiddleOnTheRun Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Silly people, do they not realize animals do not like foreign objects attached to their fur (skin). Thus an E-collar is a blessing in itself!
    Hope they learned their lesson. Poor pet.
  • DiddleOnTheRun
    Options
    Oops...trying to figure out how all this works ....sorry :s
  • DiddleOnTheRun
    Options
    Oops...trying to figure out how all this works ....sorry :s

Last night off....

Great job Jennifer!
  • BodyByBex
    edited August 2015
    Options
    "I only took the E-Collar off for a second." If I wanted the e-collar off, I wouldn't have sent one home. So yes, I'm going to charge you to put the sutures back in.

We had a vet tell us that it was safe to take the wrap off of Sandi's sutures after 3 days and we said "Nope. We know our dog. She'll pull 'em out." The vet insisted she wouldn't, so we took it off and guess what she did?

She pulled them out but her paw was totally fine and healed up okay. :smiley:

ETA: Some things that look uncomfortable are TOTALLY okay. Look at Yoga! :lol:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options

And that second now costs you $xx.xx.

People don't realize it only takes one SECOND for nearly anything to happen...

• Frankie_Felinius
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Can I start with the "Have the day you deserve!" instead of "Have a good day!" departing thing to say today? Pretty please? Today would be a good one for that...

(I've already been laid with a guilt trip about "Hope I don't crash and die today since I didn't get any sleep!")

People, I work third shift. Welcome to my world...I get woke up every goddamned day of my life and I'm still here. I know aaaaallllll about it.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Can I start with the "Have the day you deserve!" instead of "Have a good day!" departing thing to say today? Pretty please? Today would be a good one for that...

Sounds like today would be a GREAT one for it but I don't think your boss will go for it....

Anyone else looking forward to grocery shopping today? No??

Me neither... :neutral:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Just speak with a Hindi accent, putting your hands together in a prayer posture and tell them, "May you be blessed with the day you deserve." :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Just speak with a Hindi accent, putting your hands together in a prayer posture and tell them, "May you be blessed with the day you deserve." :smile:

Do you do that? :smirk:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    OMG. Just remembered something my kid said yesterday. We're driving down to the pediatrician to get forms we need and she asks if we are going to the doctor. I say "Yeah, I didn't want to tell you ahead of time because you need 7 shots today for school." She bugged her eyes out but that is about it. (She isn't too scared of them anyway.) I then ask "Can you handle 7?" Her reply? "No way in HELL!" She is FIVE! Hilarious. We monitor our language around her for the most part...hells and damns are pretty loose but anything worse she only hears on occasion. (But both of us and all of her grandmas/grandpas have potty mouths so she has heard worse.) She has only swore a few times but every time has been funny. Of course we tell her she can't swear in public, or around other people or really at all...but she does once in a blue moon. Stinker. We (especially me) are pretty strict with her but that thing just doesn't seem worth the fight. I guess if she did it often it would be a different story. I think at five she already gets that there is a time and a place for those words. She is a very very smart kid with a vocabulary that would blow anyone's hair back so I guess we're not worried she'll rely on a potty vocab to get her point across. (She told me she was "sweltering" at the park the other day. It isn't the biggest word but what five year old talks like that?? And it is a daily thing with her.) When she talks to other kids her age, she sounds so grown up...when she talks to 8, 9, 10, 11 year old kids...she sounds like she is having an equal conversation. Ok, I got sidetracked boasting about my smarty pants when this started out as chuckle piece...but I'm just so proud of her smart little brain and proud of myself for all those walnuts and salmon I ate during pregnancy! (I was hitting those omega-3s HARD while cooking that bun!)
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options

Sounds like today would be a GREAT one for it but I don't think your boss will go for it....

Anyone else looking forward to grocery shopping today? No??

Me neither... :neutral:

He wouldn't "go" for it but he is a doormat...honestly, nothing would happen. Luckily most of the staff is people who are just willing to do a good job...we have no need for a "disciplinarian" type manager...but even when people do get out of line or lazy...he never says anything. SO afraid of any confrontation. Afraid of housekeepers.

I LOVE going grocery shopping! Alone. With the tater tot...not so much. But I've always liked doing it...weirdo.