Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    might have to work an extra 4 hours, then come back 12 hours later. yaaaayyy...
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    That's better than working an extra 12 and coming back four hours later. :smile: Always a glass half full kind of guy. :bigsmile:
  • SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    now that would suck lol
  • sufferlandrian
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Dogs always look so sad when they come in with a femur bone stuck on the lower jaw. It's like they got suckered into a trap. chewing the bone seemed like so much fun and then WHAM!! Trapped. :laugh: A little sedation and some jigsaw puzzle magic and they are free again, but they look so sad when they first come in. :disappointed::laugh:
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    I hope you don't have the bug that is going around. Those headaches will get so bad you want to vomit. Not the way to start a seven day run at work.

I've taken enough OTC drugs for everyone on the nightshift thread, plus the spooning thread....so vomiting may be my next option.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I had that about a week ago. Excedrin to kill the headache and Pepcid complete to kill the GI upset that the excedrin caused. It sucked.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    It's been a long time since I've had one this bad. I just added two excedrin to my current total of 3 aspirin, 2 tylenol, 4 advil and 2 aleve throughout the night. I also took a zantac...lol...my poor GI system is having a hard time, too.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It's time for Joe Versus The Volcano!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Lady, I hope you get better soon. Maybe you should admit yourself for some serious pain meds and fluids.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    IVF are a contemplation @ this point....serious pain meds = no work... that's not an option. Here's hoping 2 hours go by fast and my head hits the pillow even faster and I wake up better. How long did yours last????
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    four hours.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    I beat you...and I wish I would have lost this one. :(
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Sorry about that. I hope a day of sleep helps it go away.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Elavil and my bed are going to be my best friends in...15 minutes. See y'all tonight.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Lady I hope you're doing better tonight.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    I am, thank you. Headache is down to a dull roar; which I can handle much better than a screaming banshee.
    How's animal world?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Good pets, a couple difficult owners. I had two great nurses in earlier. :smile: Sorry about your head.
  • mags080611
    mags080611 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Love that there's a night shift thread!
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Good pets, a couple difficult owners. I had two great nurses in earlier. :smile: Sorry about your head.

No worries...I've got enough OTC for Cox's army...lol
    I had a patient's mom over the weekend explain to me exactly what was wrong with their child (who was 26) and how we needed to treat them. He bruised his elbow. I was not amused.

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    I've got two dogs in now that got into a fight and the owner started telling me how to treat them. I cut her off and told her not to tell me how to practice. She took quite the offense. I told her she was welcome to drive to Missoula two hours away and get the dogs treated. She declined the offer and let me treat them.