Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    How much gunfire is going to go off in Bastrop tonight eh?
    Okay so we are up to 4 broken up parties, somewhere in the ball park of 50-60 shots fired in this county, a small structure fire, 6 arrests, and NOW we are getting a search party together for an intoxicated female on a 700 acre farm....This is all since 1am...

ETA: and we had one EDP at (insert address here) and the dispatcher is informing the first responding officer that the man has a habit of keeping knives on his bed and he interrupts to say "Oh I am well aware of this one, thanks anyway ma'am."
    I guess our officers REALLY know their trouble makers to the point of having addresses MEMORIZED before they even head out there...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It's gettin crazy in Bastrop tonight! Yikes.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    It is 56 degrees out and you wonder why the A/C won't stay on?
    Guh. I hate being cold, I cannot understand why people want to be cold to sleep. Sure, you can get under the covers, but you can't stay there the rest of your life!

• BodyByBex
    Options
    Guh. I hate being cold, I cannot understand why people want to be cold to sleep. Sure, you can get under the covers, but you can't stay there the rest of your life!

Yup...if only..
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    It's gettin crazy in Bastrop tonight! Yikes.

More shots fired off of Hunter's Point Dr....ugh..these guys can't catch a break!
  • BodyByBex
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I thought Bastrop was a quiet community! This is MESSED UP!

ETA: How many people REALLY drive on the WRONG SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY?! You don't wanna know...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people. I love to sleep in 50 some degree weather! Then again, I typically run around 95 degrees so it does FEEL warmer to me all of the time. And I get really hot when I sleep...most people's temp is lowest at night but I'm warmest then...I think it has to do with the full body muscle clenching going unchecked...in the day, I can attempt to loosen up when I'm super clenchy...but while I'm sleeping? I obviously have no idea I'm doing it. It is like isometrics for hours at a time...why am I not RIPPED? :p
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I'm one of those people. I love to sleep in 50 some degree weather! Then again, I typically run around 95 degrees so it does FEEL warmer to me all of the time. And I get really hot when I sleep...most people's temp is lowest at night but I'm warmest then...I think it has to do with the full body muscle clenching going unchecked...in the day, I can attempt to loosen up when I'm super clenchy...but while I'm sleeping? I obviously have no idea I'm doing it. It is like isometrics for hours at a time...why am I not RIPPED? :p
    Good question. :star:
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

ETA: and we had one EDP at (insert address here) and the dispatcher is informing the first responding officer that the man has a habit of keeping knives on his bed and he interrupts to say "Oh I am well aware of this one, thanks anyway ma'am."
    I guess our officers REALLY know their trouble makers to the point of having addresses MEMORIZED before they even head out there...

Sounds like a hell of a night.

Yeah I would like to think they'd have stuff like that memorized... their life depends on it. Hopefully they didn't learn the hard way...
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Dammit this seems minor but I like to read while I ride the stationary... Just discovered I left my nook hd at work... You can probably guess what happens when someone leaves something like that.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    It finally quieted down here thank goodness. Sounds like craziness
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    Dammit this seems minor but I like to read while I ride the stationary... Just discovered I left my nook hd at work... You can probably guess what happens when someone leaves something like that.

I would not think it minor if I knew my device was going to get jacked. Also, I have been know to entirely skip a workout if I have forgotten my headphones...so I get that.
  • jennifer_417
    edited October 2015
    Options
    That awkward moment when I forgot that I turned the computer speaker on earlier to listen to watch a video, and it unexpectedly makes a weird noise and scares the crap outta me.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    That awkward moment when I forgot that I turned the computer speaker on earlier to listen to watch a video, and it unexpectedly makes a weird noise and scares the crap outta me.

Been there!

Or if I'm sitting quietly in the office and an alarm goes off, it makes this LOUD dinging noise. UGH!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I want a nap....guess that means it's time for more rounds... *sigh*
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options

Why not? :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I thought Bastrop was a quiet community! This is MESSED UP!

ETA: How many people REALLY drive on the WRONG SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY?! You don't wanna know...

When I lived down there, they would have drunk parties all the time. One time, One of the old time members of the county who was a bit of a jerk got really drunk. He was tearing around the park on his horse terrorizing people and reminding them that they were all interlopers and they should go back where they came from. He finally challenged someone to a race and the took the horse while they took their car. He raced cross country but when the crossed the river, the horse came out but he didn't. His spurs boots and chaps took him straight to the bottom. Guess he lost.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Absolutely nothing is happening now and I have a whole 30 minutes until this shift is over. How am I supposed to stay entertained?

The two commissioned officers for day shift are here already. And being annoying. Day shift is for the BIRDS let me tell ya...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    It aaaalllll makes sense now. The lady that came down for breakfast at 4:21 a.m....the lady that kept complimenting my hair...her cat. She called, asking to stay another week...I saw she has a cat on her account. Asked if her cat is in her room. She said yes and I told her about the loose cat...she says she needs to go check on her cat. Then she comes to get the cat and sits in a chair and talks to the cat for nearly 2 minutes...while I'm standing there with the door open...I was two seconds from telling her to get out. Sheesh. She is on something...pills are my guess...

I got the sleeves attached to the bodice! It looks rather shoddy but it is purple and black and she'll be wearing it at night...if it fits! I can't wait to have her try it on when she gets here!!! Again, nearly had a moment trying to figure just how to do it...and again, thank GOODNESS for YouTube, I didn't! Now to do the skirt plus tulle overlay, attach that to the bodice and....and then...then the zipper! Yikes!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options