Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    LOL. :smile: That's the way to look at it. You don't have some marshmallows do you? Once the fires burn down, the coals ought to be just about right. :wink:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    LOL. :smile: That's the way to look at it. You don't have some marshmallows do you? Once the fires burn down, the coals ought to be just about right. :wink:

Nope. I wish. I have the chocolate and graham crackers though. :smiley:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    UPDATE: Still have Texas Parks and Wildlife Service and Fire department on campus. Several spot fires on and around the campus. Anticipated shift change at approximately 0500, they will be bringing in more equipment and personnel to deal with the spot fires at that time.
    The Campus is much safer than it was at this point.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    UPDATE: Still have Texas Parks and Wildlife Service and Fire department on campus. Several spot fires on and around the campus. Anticipated shift change at approximately 0500, they will be bringing in more equipment and personnel to deal with the spot fires at that time.
    The Campus is much safer than it was at this point.

Yeah!!! :+1:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Things are calmed down for now. We're expecting the wind to pick up as the sun rises and have been informed that anything could flare up at any time once the wind picks up.

We have unidentified vehicles coming through onto the campus and that makes me nervous but the Campus is open to any and all who are available to help.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Well not ALL of the county is on fire....

They don't test the hydrants regularly? I bet they will now.

They test hydrants here, even in winter - makes for a fine mess for sure!

Where I grew up in Queens, NY, literally on the "other side of the tracks", was the old neighborhood, abandoned and left pretty much to rot down to nothing but weeds. Every summer he had huge fires when it was dry and the sun caught an old piece of glass or something. Always huge infernos, never fun. Fortunately we had several train tracks to buffer the neighborhood. I can sympathize with you being just a bit anxious.
    Our South gate is totally eff'd. The whole area is on fire and we are JUST NOW being informed that some of our fire hydrants don't work.

Being you use "gorram" all the time, I'd have expected you to say "humped" instead of "eff'd". :)

Ruttin' let down, I was.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Working for my weekend off the next 2 nights, what's everyone else up to?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Gonna finish these flashcards, read some chapter summaries, then go to bed!
  • jennifer_417
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Oh yes, a final update on Mr. Blue Eyes: He has consistently gone out of his way to avoid me and weirdly overreacts when I have tried to be friendly. Soooo, even if it some weird reaction to a crush or whatever, hey, this ain't Jr high. #next
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @Jennifer_417 moving right along!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, a final update on Mr. Blue Eyes: He has consistently gone out of his way to avoid me and weirdly overreacts when I have tried to be friendly. Soooo, even if it some weird reaction to a crush or whatever, hey, this ain't Jr high. #next

Better than the usual response when I try, "Ewww, get away creep."

:) just kidding, of course... I think...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    What do you do when you can't stand the thoughts of putting a young fantastic Black Lab down but the owner can't afford the surgery to remove the towel it ate?
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options

yet another signpost on the Social Ineptitude Expressway. people have completely lost touch with how to react to, deal with, function alongside, get along with...one another.

may i ask how old Mr. Blue Eyes appears to be?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    What do you do when you can't stand the thoughts of putting a young fantastic Black Lab down but the owner can't afford the surgery to remove the towel it ate?

Oh, no. What did you do?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    hamptontom wrote: »

yet another signpost on the Social Ineptitude Expressway. people have completely lost touch with how to react to, deal with, function alongside, get along with...one another.

may i ask how old Mr. Blue Eyes appears to be?

Well, I originally thought he's about 30, but I found out he's a bit younger than that. Like, cougar territory for me...lol!
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options

Well, I originally thought he's about 30, but I found out he's a bit younger than that. Like, cougar territory for me...lol!

i'm gonna email you a funny story a buddy told me once later...tonight doesn't seem to be allowing for my usual surplus of time, as people seem intent on breaking stuff at the other building, just as i'm arriving back here from my LAST trip to the other building to fix the last thing they broke.

kinda feel sorry for this kid, though. he can probably work the $h!t out of a PlayStation controller, but can't have a conversation with a girl.

if these kids ever figure out how to fit their junk into a PlayStation somehow, all reproductive activity will come to a screeching halt...and probably rightfully so.

(and i should probably STFU and go fix some more stuff...i'm obviously a cranky b@$tard tonight.)
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    hamptontom wrote: »

i'm gonna email you a funny story a buddy told me once later...tonight doesn't seem to be allowing for my usual surplus of time, as people seem intent on breaking stuff at the other building, just as i'm arriving back here from my LAST trip to the other building to fix the last thing they broke.

kinda feel sorry for this kid, though. he can probably work the $h!t out of a PlayStation controller, but can't have a conversation with a girl.

if these kids ever figure out how to fit their junk into a PlayStation somehow, all reproductive activity will come to a screeching halt...and probably rightfully so.

(and i should probably STFU and go fix some more stuff...i'm obviously a cranky b@$tard tonight.)

Yep, refer back to our discussion about the loss of the art of conversation. If you can't look me in the eye and engage in conversation, forget about it.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Being able to read people should be an essential class at school. Most people will never have to figure out the cosine of an angle, but everyone will have to look someone in the eyes at some point and figure out if they registered a single word you said. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    All righty, let's get this weekend kicked off! Anybody got anything fun planned for the weekend?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm working.