Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    I'm pink. A weird smoky, peachy, lilac pink...but pretty!

We saw Everest in 3-D! It was great. I was easily the person squirming the most (we sat in the last row so I could see everyone else) but I wasn't the only one! It was INTENSE!

Nash is doing good, acting more and more like himself every day. His sore paw is much less swollen but it seems between the two toes there is an abrasion or bruise or something that won't go away. Purplish-red...and the tissue below it is swollen. I noticed today it appears that foot is splayed out more instead of straight forward. He walks on it but does hold it up briefly at times. Overall he is doing great but this foot thing still troubles me...
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    @lilaclovebird good to hear things are improving again, sorry to hear about the animals though. At least they've got some looking out for them though!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Alright! NO ONE has died due to the fire. Deaths were 'unrelated'.

Things are improving. A lot of people are allowed back to their homes and we have our South Gate reopened for the fire department to fight some spot fires in the area.

Things are looking up. We are SO lucky.
    And something that made my WHOLE WEEK: The Lieutenant called me early this morning before my shift ended to check in because I haven't seen him in months. Wanted to make sure it was all good, and it really made me feel appreciated and like my work is actually worth while.
    I don't know what 'Boss's Handbook' he got the idea from, but he should bookmark that chapter. :lol:
  • BodyByBex
    It's that TOM again and I am craving grilled cheese sandwiches and potato chips.
    Let's be honest, when am I NOT craving potato chips....
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I mean...yeah, potato chips. Sigh...long gone are the days when I just open a bag, plop on the sofa, and chow down.
  • BodyByBex
    edited October 2015
    I mean...yeah, potato chips. Sigh...long gone are the days when I just open a bag, plop on the sofa, and chow down.

I will be doing this with a glass of wine when I get home. Except it wont be the sofa...I'll be in the bath tub..and I MAY take the time to portion out 3 portions of chips....but the WHOLE bottle of wine is gonna be in the tub with me!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    I HAD to have a chocolate malt today...extra malt. It hit the spot.
  • BodyByBex
    I HAD to have a chocolate malt today...extra malt. It hit the spot.

When you gotta have it, you gotta have it.
    Just like I GOTTA have my wine and potato chips in 7 hours... most definitely gotta have it.
  • jennifer_417
    I'm not much for baths. I like the idea of them...but it just seems like too much trouble. Plus sitting still and not doing anything productive for that long...hmm...I may have some issues.
    HOwever, on the rare occasion when I've had a hotel room with a jacuzzi, you betta believe I'm in that bad boy!
  • jennifer_417
    Also, in my house, 3 people share 1 bathroom, and I'm lucky to get in there to pee without waiting.
  • BodyByBex
    Also, in my house, 3 people share 1 bathroom, and I'm lucky to get in there to pee without waiting.

My worst nightmare come to life! :flushed:

I'm not much for baths. I like the idea of them...but it just seems like too much trouble. Plus sitting still and not doing anything productive for that long...hmm...I may have some issues.
    HOwever, on the rare occasion when I've had a hotel room with a jacuzzi, you betta believe I'm in that bad boy!

I will be rearranging the guest room so I can see the T.V while in the bathtub. Then I will be munching on my chips and drinking my wine, soaking in the tub and watching Mean Girls.

I take my TOM seriously.
  • jennifer_417
    You know you're when a guest leans across your counter and tells you, "You look really tired." (He meant it in a fatherly way and even asked me if I needed anything to eat or drink, so it wasn't offensive at all)
  • BodyByBex
    I don't have time for this. I FINALLY and WILLINGLY take out my NuvaRing to have a period like I am SUPPOSED to and THIS IS THE THANKS I GET?!

Ugh. I wanna die/kill someone. I have cramps, I FEEL like I'm STARVING, I now have diarrhea, and I'm cranky. Someone find me a criminal to stab me in the uterus because this thing needs pulled out!

BNAH!

s2xcijicomw9.gif
  • nate4043
    nate4043 Posts: 163 Member
    Got plenty criminals here at work! how many do you need!
  • BodyByBex
    nate4043 wrote: »
    Got plenty criminals here at work! how many do you need!

@nate4043 Uhm...two to hold me down and one that is good with knives and anatomy would be GREAT!
  • nate4043
    nate4043 Posts: 163 Member
    sounds like a plan
  • jennifer_417
    That's officially my new favorite gif! Also, they got doctors and anesthesia and stuff that could probably make that process a little less...messy. :D

@nate4043 Uhm...two to hold me down and one that is good with knives and anatomy would be GREAT![/quote]

• BodyByBex
    That's officially my new favorite gif! Also, they got doctors and anesthesia and stuff that could probably make that process a little less...messy. :D

@nate4043 Uhm...two to hold me down and one that is good with knives and anatomy would be GREAT!

[/quote]

Sadly, I am only 26 and the last doctor I asked to remove my uterus said it was 'unethical' and he 'could not do that and remain in good conscience'

Stupid doctor's
  • Frankie_Felinius
    I used to not be a bath type of gal either...until I discovered Lush! (I'm going to Chicago next weekend for a show and I get to hit a Lush store! Yay!) I do get bored if I have nothing to do so I put my phone in Ziploc and bring it with me. I try to spend part of the time just trying to do nothing and relax but it is counteractive for me to TRY to relax so that usually is very short-lived. And I bring beer. Good times...

So the costume is nearly done. The gathering to create pleating/ruffles was such a pain in the azz. Now I'm attempting to put the zipper in...tried twice now...third times a charm? After that, hem the bottom and it is done! Buuuuut...I'm about to run out of thread!!! I will probably JUST run out before finishing it! Grrrr!!!!
  • BodyByBex
    @Frankie_Felinius You ARE going to post photos right?
    Maybe on insta-what's-it...I should google a guide to intagram or something...