Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    wow. lucky.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

lacroyx wrote: »
    I love theoatmeal!
    I've met the artist at Seattle's Comic-con before. He's from my area and he's a pretty cool guy.

He always seemed like he'd be a really cool guy. This is my favorite comic of his:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/running
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Rough night for the dogs tonight. They are all hanging tough, but I've seen a bunch tonight.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    That's a lucky pup
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this Maltese survived a bear attack with only moderate lacerations! Mom heard the commotion and came out and screamed and scared the bear. She dropped the dog and when the dog took off, the bear ran after it but the dog was too fast and came back home 20 minutes later with just the bite wounds over the shoulders. I just put her back together and she is going home. :smile:
    That's amazing, she's one lucky pup. Couldn't imagine if that happened to my dog.

I could imagine a nice new bear rug, let me tell ya.
    NO ONE messes with my pack. :rage:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    YES! I am ALIVE! I ate Whataburger and I feel MISERABLE because of it. Fast food is not my friend. I ate WAY over my calories and ellipticaled myself within an INCH of my LIFE! Took a 5 hour nap and here I am at work.

MFP told me I should weigh 175.5 pounds in 5 weeks if I keep eating this way. Which is good, I think, because I weigh 175 right now.

And YES 'ellipticaled' is now a word!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I'm in with 'ellipticaled' being a word. I did 90 mins last night, and slept better than I have in a long time.

Random question: If I stop sweating during a steady-state cardio session, whereas during the 1st part I'm sweating like crazy, is that bad? I stay pretty well hydrated, been drinking 90+ oz of water every day.
  • bethanie0825
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I wanna say you need an extra glass or 2 per hour you exercise? Don't quote me on that, it's after 4am and I've been awake since 730 yesterday morning.

** I was curious so I looked it up **

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/water/art-20044256
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    I love theoatmeal!
    I've met the artist at Seattle's Comic-con before. He's from my area and he's a pretty cool guy.

He always seemed like he'd be a really cool guy. This is my favorite comic of his:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/running

I've seen that one. Pretty hilarious. Speaking of running, I've tried to sign up for their Oatmeal themed 5K races in the past. They are pretty popular and sell out really fast.
  • belimawr
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I won't be going to that wedding. A week's notice just isn't right, and getting off from work without having called out sick just wasn't possible. He's a high school friend and not terribly close at that. I may lose the semi-close friend through whom the invite came (that's right, the friend who is the groom didn't even invite directly, but a text message through a third party). I don't feel right, and well... yeah it sucks.

Call me an a**hole if you think it, but to put me on the spot one week before wanting an answer immediately, not cool in my opinion. I've told them before my job requires thirty (yes, thirty!) days notice for a day off request - and even then they won't grant it until the day before (if at all). That aside, I think it was just a courtesy invite anyway.

Thing is my social life sucks already and to lose the only friend I have that I maybe hang out with once a year anyway... hopefully I'll live.

ETA: still waiting for that video of someone busting their *kitten* on the elliptical in high heels. ;)
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I was going to go to the gym this morning. I was going to go to the gym this morning. I actually made it as far as the parking lot, then I just got so tired all of the sudden that I turned around and went home.
  • belimawr
    Options
    lol... so actually making it to the lot wasn't enough of an incentive to get in, huh?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Not this time. Usually if I can at least get myself there, I'm good. It was a rough morning.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Gotta get sleep too. I push myself and it usually ends up with me being an uber b*tch bc I'm exhausted. You must've def needed some rest.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @belimawr I did NOT do the elliptical in heels. But I'm sure if I ever do, my mother will happily record it. I doubt very much I will bust my *kitten* but we'll have to wait and see.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Gotta get sleep too. I push myself and it usually ends up with me being an uber b*tch bc I'm exhausted. You must've def needed some rest.

I know that feeling. I slept from 1pm Thursday afternoon until 4am Friday morning. I missed choir practice. :cry:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Yeah, sometimes it's hard to know when to push and when to rest. I usually err on the side of pushing, until I find myself having a total meltdown because I realize I won't even have time to do laundry in the upcoming week. (which I actually did last weekend). It's really hard to find the balance sometimes.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Okay for those of you who don't know, I went on a date on Wednesday night his name was Lee.

DATE UPDATE:

He is super nice. Considerate, calm, easy going, not a big drinker, and we both LOVE burgers.

I had one Shiner bock, I asked for it warm and it felt like everyone in the whole room looked at me weird, but I like my Shiner WARM! Deal with it. :sunglasses:
    I had a Chili cheese burger on a jalapeno cheese bun with some sweet potato fries. I honestly forgot what he had, I think it had avocado on it.

It took me almost a FULL HOUR to eat my burger. That REALLY says something. If you can keep me engaged in conversation SO MUCH that I PUT MY FOOD DOWN to talk to you, that is a win.
    He's the butcher at HEB. He went through a terrible break up back in May and hated living in his apartment alone and moved in with his cousin and her husband and lost about 40 pounds. He LOVES to cook and enjoys renaissance fairs, sci-fi movies, and video games.
    He's NOT big on exercise or eating particularly 'well' and I might see some conflict there as I want to start maintaining a more active lifestyle.
    Another conflict is I work nights and he works evenings, while that means we're not too far off-base, it's still a bit of a struggle for time off and getting together.
    But we have a second date scheduled for next week. Bowling! Should be fun!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Cut to last night:

He texted me a photo about missing a day at the gym. It was cute. I showed him a picture of what I'm striving to look like and he thought he'd offended me, which he hadn't.

He then proceeded to tell me that I am attractive as is and if I get a similar body as my idol he will have to be 'beat away with a bat'. He also said I have great personal goals and I seem to be on the right track. Which I find interesting because when I asked him about his personal goals, he said he just wanted to 'live' and maybe get promoted at work, but it's a slow turnover.

Said he's supportive of my quest to be fit but is also 'okay with a couch potato version too.'
    I told him I work hard 6 days a week so I can HAVE a couch potato version of myself :lol:
    Then he follows up with 'I might have overdone it on the mead tonight.'
    Yup. Drunk texting. Only a couple days after the first date. He said he was hanging out with friends and they were watching some YouTube videos about sophisticated English language and it wasn't holding his attention.

Then this morning, after this massive storm has hit(thanks hurricane Patricia) he asked if I was willing to meet up with him tonight before I head into work.
    I politely declined telling him that while I would love to, in these weather conditions I feel it is too dangerous and I will be hard pressed to make it to work tonight as it is. He said he understood.

He has pretty much texted me non-stop since our first date and while I'm glad to know I'm on his mind, to be perfectly honest, his intense interest and deep focus on me is becoming a bit of a turn off.

I want him to be excited about me and I'm excited about him too. I know I'm super great, but am I THAT super great? Does he have me on a pedestal already?

I want things to be slower I suppose.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    AND under tonight's TMI file: "Could you make sure the room is away from people? I have 2 Black guys with me and I want to enjoy them." (Since he was calling from the local gay club, pretty sure he ain't talking about their conversational skills.)