Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• CKing1786
    CKing1786 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    AND under tonight's TMI file: "Could you make sure the room is away from people? I have 2 Black guys with me and I want to enjoy them." (Since he was calling from the local gay club, pretty sure he ain't talking about their conversational skills.)

One of the most disturbing things I've heard in a while...
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    @jennifer_417 um...wow...at least he was honest?
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    AND under tonight's TMI file: "Could you make sure the room is away from people? I have 2 Black guys with me and I want to enjoy them." (Since he was calling from the local gay club, pretty sure he ain't talking about their conversational skills.)

Honesty is the best policy!
    At least SOMEONE out there is gettin' some...
  • CKing1786
    CKing1786 Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Honesty is the best policy!
    At least SOMEONE out there is gettin' some...

Yikes
  • BodyByBex
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Guess who just NOW figured out that dispatch has been putting all their calls for the week under unit 966 instead of unit 968?
    YUP! THIS GIRL RIGHT HERE!

ETA: I really wanna cry now...I know I can make up all those calls but I REALLY wanna cry about it.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    Guess who just NOW figured out that dispatch has been putting all their calls for the week under unit 966 instead of unit 968?
    YUP! THIS GIRL RIGHT HERE!

ETA: I really wanna cry now...I know I can make up all those calls but I REALLY wanna cry about it.

Unit 966 will be happy about that. Their work effort just went way up! :)
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options

I'm so glad I don't have your job. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Well, thus far our friend and his entourage have not showed; I'm assuming by now he's found other lodging.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Well, thus far our friend and his entourage have not showed; I'm assuming by now he's found other lodging.

Or the black men decided they weren't going to enjoy him....

I really am feeling stabby about this 966 business.... I just heard her do it AGAIN and I attempted to correct her and she made NO indication that the correction was received. UGH! I'll have to do TWICE as many calls when I'm working at Bastrop tonight. That's 36-40 calls! They are better KNOW my goram unit number by then end of THAT shift! :rage::rage::rage:
  • BodyByBex
    edited October 2015
    Options

Or the black men decided they weren't going to enjoy him....

I really am feeling stabby about this 966 business.... I just heard her do it AGAIN and I attempted to correct her and she made NO indication that the correction was received. UGH! I'll have to do TWICE as many calls when I'm working at Bastrop tonight. That's 36-40 calls! They are better KNOW my goram unit number by then end of THAT shift! :rage::rage::rage:

I'm going to heat up and eat a burrito... otherwise I WILL stab someone.... :rage:

ETA: It's the second burrito that I SWORE I was not going to eat and give to someone else...
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Sorry if this is a dumb question---but does that mean you're not getting calls? Or that the calls you take are being credited to someone else? Either way-SUCKS!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Sounds like the latter to me, sorry to hear that lilac, hopefully you can straighten her out!

ETA: mmmm... burritos... *drool*
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Hey!! It is 9am!!! Get out of here nightshift thread !!!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    You. Cant. Tell. Us. What. To. Do.
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    So many short sentences!!!!!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Nothing like coming to work and finding all the food that was given to the PD last night, gone. Had set some aside with my name on it...gone. My cottage cheese...gone. Officer's food, gone. Day shift sgt threw out almost every bit of food in the fridges whether it'd been there less than a day or 3 days. All gone. Wanna talk about some p*ssed off night shifters...
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Grr! That is NOT OK. It's not smart to part a nightshifter and his/her food!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Sorry if this is a dumb question---but does that mean you're not getting calls? Or that the calls you take are being credited to someone else? Either way-SUCKS!

Not a dumb question. It means I am NOT getting credit for MY calls and someone ELSE is getting the credit for them...
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    He threw out my partner's food too. But someone one his squad has three bottles of half used dressing in there and that's cool. My partner and I both emailed our supervisor.

If I wanted to waste money, I'd set a five dollar bill on fire. >:(

And wth dispatchers, get your crap straight. That's aggravating as hell @lilaclovebird
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    He threw out my partner's food too. But someone one his squad has three bottles of half used dressing in there and that's cool. My partner and I both emailed our supervisor.

If I wanted to waste money, I'd set a five dollar bill on fire. >:(

And wth dispatchers, get your crap straight. That's aggravating as hell @lilaclovebird

We have tried having someone talk to their supervisors and whatnot because they are all in Houston and we are all out here. But they just don't care about us and they don't think we matter. I would say it's because nothing ever happens out here but our Smithville campus was just ON FIRE! So obviously, stuff DOES happen out here...