Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    We live in an area with a lot of Hispanics...so you can go to a lot of local bars and find some great grub being sold outta coolers in people's cars!

My mom's boyfriend/partner is Mexican and his mother has taught my mom how to make tamales. They are pretty damn good for a white woman! She does two kinds too! And her flautas are kick azz!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    So if you're going to go with Claritin, it would be 10mg once to twice a day. Start with once a day and give it a week to see if it works. If it seems like it might be helping but just not much, you can jump to twice a day but don't start with twice a day as we don't know how sensitive he will be. Currently there are no side effects listed for Claritin, but you don't want your dog to be the first. If you go with Zyrtec you may be able to get a cheaper version of this through your vet. Hydroxazine is a first generation antihistamine similar to Zyrtec. If you go with Zyrtec it's 10 mg once to twice a day, the same as Claritin. Both of these do need to be given every day or they don't block the receptors and they won't work. They need to be given even if your dog is not showing symptoms.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    OH! I forgot about flautas! :smile: Yummy!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Welp, after what has amounted to a week-long feeding frenzy, it's probably time for me to climb back on the wagon. Gonna hang close to maintenance this week, get my finals over with, then get back to it for real next week. It's gonna take a while to get back to where I was though...:-/
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Welp, after what has amounted to a week-long feeding frenzy, it's probably time for me to climb back on the wagon. Gonna hang close to maintenance this week, get my finals over with, then get back to it for real next week. It's gonna take a while to get back to where I was though...:-/

It's all good.
    As I try to remember when driving, I get there when I get there. You will get there when you get there. :blush:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Frankie_Felinius- I hope that you find something that will help your dog. There has to be something for him. Our vet recommended this newer med I can't remember what the name was though. What kind of food is he eating, have you gone to the skin/food sensitivities food?

Yup, been through all the foods...poor guy. He wasn't a fan of most. He's had this issue for two years or more...that was our first guess. Poor guy...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    So if you're going to go with Claritin, it would be 10mg once to twice a day. Start with once a day and give it a week to see if it works. If it seems like it might be helping but just not much, you can jump to twice a day but don't start with twice a day as we don't know how sensitive he will be. Currently there are no side effects listed for Claritin, but you don't want your dog to be the first. If you go with Zyrtec you may be able to get a cheaper version of this through your vet. Hydroxazine is a first generation antihistamine similar to Zyrtec. If you go with Zyrtec it's 10 mg once to twice a day, the same as Claritin. Both of these do need to be given every day or they don't block the receptors and they won't work. They need to be given even if your dog is not showing symptoms.

Awesome. Thank-you. I know our vet is going to want to try antibiotics and prednisone again but we tried that for a long time and it always came back. I'd feel much better having him on an allergy med for life than constant courses of the other two...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    She still gets rashes/hot spots in the late summer/early fall and treat them as needed. The dermatology vet (the one that did the allergy testing), tried her on a new, stronger medicine this fall and it worked better. The vets is like a second home, we are there every other week and thank goodness she loves going to the vets. The techs and vet get a kick out of her because she get way to excited to be there even though she gets a shot every time. The other dog I have is a bit more hesitant of the vets, he is still a puppy so its all new to him.

Ours doesn't mind the staff, not a fan of other dogs in the waiting room. ( :| ) He is very patient, obedient, doesn't flinch when he gets shots or manipulated on a sore spot. Such a good boy.

Now our oldest cat. OMG. The sounds that guy makes the moment you put him in the carrier crescendos until he returns home. ROOOOWWWWWW ROOOOOOOOWWWWWWW ROOOOOOOWWWWW

So embarasking.

Our other two kitties, gems. Angels. Ruby doesn't even need a carrier (although we use one, the first ride home, was no carrier and she acted perfectly at ease...she is more like a dog in many ways though...) Tube always wins over the techs' hearts, comes back smelling like the ladies, lol. (When we got Nash out of the ER, he smelled like ladies, too...lol)
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options

It's all good.
    As I try to remember when driving, I get there when I get there. You will get there when you get there. :blush:

Let me get this straight, so beating myself up about my weight isn't going to accelerate my weight loss? And gripping the steering wheel extra tight & mumbling obscenities won't get me to my destination on time??

I've been goin about these things all wrong...

;):D
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Well, my heart dog died. Crashed miserably. :frowning: My bleach dog is doing great! If you leave a bleach bottle on the washing machine, put the cap back on. When the washer goes to spin cycle it has a habit of tossing things off and on to what ever is below. Poor dog got doused with 1/4 gallon of bleach. She's blind and couldn't figure out how to get out of the puddle because the smell was irritating to her nose. The poor feet were bleeding they were so irritated and she could hardly breath. She is doing great now though. She is a tough old bird. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options

It's all good.

Let me get this straight, so beating myself up about my weight isn't going to accelerate my weight loss? And gripping the steering wheel extra tight & mumbling obscenities won't get me to my destination on time??

I've been goin about these things all wrong...

;):D

Meee too! You'd think I'd learn...
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Well, my heart dog died. Crashed miserably. :frowning: My bleach dog is doing great! If you leave a bleach bottle on the washing machine, put the cap back on. When the washer goes to spin cycle it has a habit of tossing things off and on to what ever is below. Poor dog got doused with 1/4 gallon of bleach. She's blind and couldn't figure out how to get out of the puddle because the smell was irritating to her nose. The poor feet were bleeding they were so irritated and she could hardly breath. She is doing great now though. She is a tough old bird. :smile:

Poor girl! Glad she's ok....sorry about the heart dog, though.. :'(
  • BodyByBex
    Options

Poor girl! Glad she's ok....sorry about the heart dog, though.. :'(

This. :heart:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Man, I am getting FED UP with my coworker.
    She's the one waiting on the "magic thyroid pill."
    She is currently 'upset' with me for requesting Tuesday off when she wanted it off so she could move. But she requested LAST Tuesday off so she could move and the house wasn't ready yet. Her landlord said it would be ready by Thanksgiving(didn't happen). Then said it would be ready by Dec. 1st (also didn't happen).
    She had last Tuesday. It's my turn!
    Also, I don't even think she had the available PTO to request the day off anyway! Yet, here she is calling me and saying it's MY fault she can't move. It's probably MY fault she needs new, bigger pants. too! :rage::rage:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Poor gal! Glad she is doing well...what a toughie!

(The bleach dog...not thyroid chick, lol)
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Poor gal! Glad she is doing well...what a toughie!

(The bleach dog...not thyroid chick, lol)

Most definitely glad about bleach dog. :grin:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    5 more slides to make flashcards from, then I can sleep...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    A guest asked me if he could vape in a room...because he is a "competitive vaper" and "blows big clouds" and didn't want to set smoke alarms off...

Didn't know that was a thing.

How is this shizz for coincidence...or karma checking in...three days ago, I got a paper cut...right near the nail on my middle finger. Next day, I got a paper cut in the SAME spot! Not exact same, more like made an "X". Thought, what are the chances? Yesterday...I hit the spot AGAIN with some paper...are you effin' kidding me???
  • uggins311
    uggins311 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
    A guest asked me if he could vape in a room...because he is a "competitive vaper" and "blows big clouds" and didn't want to set smoke alarms off...

How is this shizz for coincidence...or karma checking in...three days ago, I got a paper cut...right near the nail on my middle finger. Next day, I got a paper cut in the SAME spot! Not exact same, more like made an "X". Thought, what are the chances? Yesterday...I hit the spot AGAIN with some paper...are you effin' kidding me???

Unfortunately, it is a thing @Frankie_Felinius . A level of douchebaggery that is only getting worse and worse..... Competitive vaping should never, ever be something that is said in a serious way, but yet they think they are really important. I work with a few guys who do that crap, so obnoxious and lame.

Oh yeah.... Hello to all of the fellow nightshifters!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    ljonesy311 wrote: »

Unfortunately, it is a thing @Frankie_Felinius . A level of douchebaggery that is only getting worse and worse..... Competitive vaping should never, ever be something that is said in a serious way, but yet they think they are really important. I work with a few guys who do that crap, so obnoxious and lame.

Oh yeah.... Hello to all of the fellow nightshifters!

I can't understand competitive vaping.

Competitive EATING, however, now THAT's a sport I can get behind! :grin: