Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Competitive...vaping? Doesn't that kind of miss the whole point?
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options

It's probably MY fault she needs new, bigger pants. too! :rage::rage:

:laugh: That's funny! :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Competitive vaping? That's bogus as a three dollar bill. What, are they sponsored by Red Bull? Does ESPN provide the media coverage? This dude fried his brain Vaping. Tell him there are no smoke alarms in his car.
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Competitive Vaping...for people who absolutely, positively, must avoid any competition that involves physical or intellectual capacity. :)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    hamptontom wrote: »
    Competitive Vaping...for people who absolutely, positively, must avoid any competition that involves physical or intellectual capacity. :)

ROFL!! :laugh:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Competitive vaping?? Omg...I have no hope for the world lmao

And where is this magic thyroid pill!?!? I need it now!! Bahahaha it's not my fault I had a big ole piece of cake, it's my thyroid. I swear....
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Just cracked open the last pack of 3x5 cards of the semester. #andmilestogobeforeisleep
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm not used to sleeping nights. Woke up and the house is too quiet. Now I can't get back to sleep.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    And just when you think one's heard everything...competitive vaping comes in...that's a new one. shesh humanity never ceases to amaze me.

It will find a way, be assured of that.

Ok, adjusting to a new shift really really sucks, two weeks in and I still can't sleep for anything. Add on that one sinus infection after another...

@lilaclovebird, this one's for you. Unfortunately the store was closed (on a Saturday wtf?), so I couldn't buy it, and from what I could see it's the only one...

If I can get my hands on it, things would be all sorts of shiny, for a while anyway.

dcwpf6t77sb3.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Oh, man, Firefly! I haven't watched 'cause all I ever heard about it was how pissed everyone was with how they ended it...and I already have enough angst fandom feels, y'know?
    Also, sinus infections are the worst Hate 'em!
  • belimawr
    Options
    Well Fox really screwed up the show showing episodes out of order originally and such so no one could follow along... then what happened to Wash in the movie... talk of bringing it back but it certainly would not be the same.
  • belimawr
    Options
    What I liked about Firefly was that it was sci fi but a little more "real". No aliens (sorry I have a hard time believing in them) and such and Joss tried to keep the science not too fiction-y. Plus every other sci fi show trends to be military based, this was more ordinary folk.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I'm still waiting on this miracle thyroid pill... :D
  • jennifer_417
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @lilaclovebird -that reminds me of a story. I once had a coworker ask me for money so he could buy alcohol on his days off and not have to go to the bar (I'm still trying to figure out the reasoning there...) Anyway, I refused. The next day we worked together, he came in to me and told me how he had to go to the bar and got himself into all kinds of trouble and it was all my fault because I didn't give him money when he asked me for it.

The guy was a diehard alcoholic, and if I remember correctly, his life fell apart not long after this.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    What I liked about Firefly was that it was sci fi but a little more "real". No aliens (sorry I have a hard time believing in them) and such and Joss tried to keep the science not too fiction-y. Plus every other sci fi show trends to be military based, this was more ordinary folk.

Haha that's true about the military thing...still a diehard Trekkie, though!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @lilaclovebird -that reminds me of a story. I once had a coworker ask me for money so he could buy alcohol on his days off and not have to go to the bar (I'm still trying to figure out the reasoning there...) Anyway, I refused. The next day we worked together, he came in to me and told me how he had to go to the bar and got himself into all kinds of trouble and it was all my fault because I didn't give him money when he asked me for it.

The guy was a diehard alcoholic, and if I remember correctly, his life fell apart not long after this.

Seriously? That's why he's an alcoholic. He can't take credit for his own mistakes and can't accept that the brief moment of relief the alcohol gives him is creating more problems than its solving.
  • belimawr
    Options
    I think your avatar is the first pissed off looking Sackboy I've seen.

Or was that your alcoholic co-worker's avatar?

Someone really has a problem when they k now they have the problem, and blames it one someone else like this guy did you.
    Haha that's true about the military thing...still a diehard Trekkie, though!

I used to like Trek and Star Wars too, until I got sick of the military, EVERYONE is super disciplined society. I remember watching TNG (which I actually disliked) and even the kids pretty much didn't act that much like kids. I did like DS9 because Sisko was kind of a badass, especially one he found his cajones (I mean the Defiant).

Otherwise, I look at it this way: no cussin', no ruttin'... just no funnin'.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I had a different pissed off Sackboy avatar that I liked better, but it has disappeared and I can't find it anymore. And yeah, that guy really did have a problem. I wasn't angry at him, because once is so far down the rabbit hole, all you can do is sit back and watch the disaster play out.
    DS9 is probably my favorite ST, though it's kinda the black sheep series. I didn't get really far with TOS, and TNG was was pretty good, but Picard was too much of a stuffed shirt sometimes. Sisko punched Q, how do you not enjoy that?! Ummm...*tucks inner geek back into its hiding place*
  • FemmeFireRL
    FemmeFireRL Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My afternoon nap was disturbed by the guy replacing our ducting (noisy bugger) in preparation for the heat pump install next week. Worse, he'll be back tomorrow while I'll be sleeping all day. #nightshiftwoes
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I just didn't sleep worth a damn but tomorrow starts my weekend off. It's much needed.