Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I have a case that should have been simple, suddenly turn into something really complicated. It's frustrating for the owner and it's frustrating for me and it's never good for the animal. Just bad all the way around.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Another night. Skipped sleep for a bike ride. That's coming back to bite me.
  • anirishdad
    Options
    another long nightshift... almost half way there..
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm almost half way there.
  • anirishdad
    Options
    6-6:30 here
  • hot4fitness2
    hot4fitness2 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    These nights just get longer and longer sometimes
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    30 minutes left for me! Working on scheduling tonight. It always makes me chuckle to think I have $100K invested in higher education and one of my major job functions is to push names around in an Excel Spreadsheet :)
  • hot4fitness2
    hot4fitness2 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Yeah sometimes I laugh. My higher education put to great use when I make assignments and drink coffee. LOL And have to throw some chocolate in the picture sometimes.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Well, at least I get to put my education to work. Although sometimes I feel like I treat an inordinate number of cases of diarrhea and vomiting due to leaving the trash accessible. It doesn't take a degree to recommend not leaving the lid off the trash can anymore. :frowning:
  • aprildaguilar
    aprildaguilar Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Uggghhhh I am so very Frustrated with Heavy Assed (literally) PTs. I Have a 600lb'r and a F*cking 790lb'r ... Does anyone care about my back? my neck and my back!!!! I mean damn this *kitten* IS for the Birdsssssssss
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    What! You've got to be kidding. You would think they would let you use the pallet jack for those guys.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I've got a dog that arrested under anesthesia. The vet got it back and now we are trying to stabilize it better so it doesn't arrest again. I'm just impressed the regular vet got it back. That's not very common in dogs.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Night 1 of 7.... here we go again!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Yep. Here we go again. I had to run home. The wife and daughter were in a big time argument over what daughter was going to get to take with her when she moves out. Daughter is only 14 yrs old!!!!! I had to go home and settle the argument. I took all the stuff away. Don't poke the bear and make him come out of the cave.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Mine will be 15 in December...I SO understand.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Welcome back! :smile:
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Thank you...glad to be back at work...lol...started off with a bang, and I think I have a black cloud hanging over my shoes....it never seems to fail that the shoes get it every time.
  • lishaalexis
    lishaalexis Posts: 195 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Well I got lucky again and got the midnight to 8AM watch, so now I get a five day weekend instead of four. Still dead tired after working during the day...
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm back again! Got called in to work blood bank bc the scheduled guy called out sick. So I do night shift tonight, then evening shift tomorrow (due to short staffing), then back to regular night shift Saturday. OT will be nice in thepaycheck, but sucks when I'm working it
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    @lishaalexis... 5 day weekends are great!
    @maddogmanor - wow..that's a helluva flip