Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I just got the crap torn out of my hand by a cat that didn't want to be examined. The owner insists the cat is really sweet and will bat at you with the front feet but doesn't have claws. He doesn't have front claws, but has big teeth and big back claws. Do you ever have a patient that you look forward to the day you can euthanize them?
  • thejohnnyhand
    thejohnnyhand Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If I work 7am to 12pm am I considered half night shift?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    You bet. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Not our best night. My tech just got bitten in the hip by a dog that was having seizures. It didn't break skin but I can't believe we've been nailed twice in one night. We almost never get bitten.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It's been a bad 24 hours. Let's see if I can turn things around tonight.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It's more dead than an abandoned cemetery on here tonight.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Back at it again. Slow night.
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I hate working nights, not because of when I work, but rather when I don't. I have to replace a leaking outdoor faucet before it gets cold and freezes out. Normally it would be a simple fix, but between a builder who cheaped out on the house and the previous home owner who built a deck on the house and put a joist right in front of the spigot, it is a project that is taking about 8 hours. I had to stop early tonight to work and tomorrow it is either lose sleep and wake up early or wake up at my normal time and risk not finishing....
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    That bites. I never will understand why when people do additions or remodels they build right over important things. The last house I was renting they built an interior wall right over a sunken window but didn't put the window in the wall. When the window started leaking we didn't know until the wall was saturated with rot and fixing it was a major pain. I feel your pain. If you try to get up early, the project will take longer than expected. If you stay up after work you will be tired and make more mistakes. I feel for you.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Here we go again. I've got a dog in that was hit by a car. Seems pretty stable at this point but he is missing a LOT of skin. Pain control will be the issue tonight.
  • hot4fitness2
    hot4fitness2 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Night shift thread seems pretty slow tonight. But here I am .
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It was really slow last night. I was the only one on.
  • hot4fitness2
    Options
    Hpw much coffee do you have to consume to stay awake or do you not have that issue?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Weeknights none. Weekends when I pull a 63 hour shift, I start with Monster Zero Ultra, then switch to 5 hour energy drinks and finish Monday Morning adding the 5 hour energy drinks to my Monster. :smile:
  • hot4fitness2
    Options
    Wow!! a 63 hour shift? That is insane. I would be dead asleep i am sure.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Last weekend I caught myself with my finger on one of the keys on my computer and I dozed for a second and typed two pages of ;;;;;;;;;;;. Thank goodness for Highlight and delete. :smile:
  • hot4fitness2
    Options
    Do you do crosswords LOL
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I feel sooooo sick. Super nauseated. I'm basically living on mint tea at work tonight. Though strangely craving sugar/chocolate. I want to be sick but I'd kill for a Mr.Big bar. How weird is THAT!?
  • hot4fitness2
    Options
    Very weird. Usually that nauseated super sick feelign takes away ones appetitie for much of anything. But got to be a first for everythig right?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Saltine crackers and 7-Up is my go to for nausea.