Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Y'all have a great one! See ya on the flip side!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Welcome to another weird night in the veterinary ER. A gal calls in who breeds Samoyeds. One of her neighbors brought her a dog that she found and said, "I think I found one of your dogs." The only problem is, it's not a Samoyed. It's a Bernese Mountain dog. They are only about 100 lbs different and don't even have the same color scheme. Oh well. The breeder was wondering if we could find the owner from the rabies tag but it was from a clinic who doesn't share their rabies info with us.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    LoL....nice...hope you find the owners, though. Can you not just call them and they contact them?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    No phone number or microchip. Just the rabies tag number and a clinic name.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    No, can you call the clinic and tell them what you have and they call the owners? Surely they will work with you!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    They are closed until tomorrow. The dog is going to have to spend the night at the neighbors house.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Love the eyes photo by the way. :smiley:
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    wow...all of the vets here have on call personnel for things like that; but I guess it's not technically an emergency and the pet has somewhere to go.

How is the rest of your night?
    And ahem ahem...it's your turn.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Love the eyes photo by the way. :smiley:

Thank you. I got called creepy on a different thread..it was funny. That wasn't exactly what I was going for; but hey, whatever floats your boat.

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    Really? They are gorgeous eyes.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The problem with treating pets is they can't tell you what they just ate to make them throw up. The advantage to treating pets is they can't lie so you don't have to worry about telling you something that leads you astray. Working on a Yorkie now that is a magnificent dog. He is 12.3 pounds and has a very level personality. I wish they were all like this. I wish he could tell me what he ate, but I'll get him turned around anyway.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    I know breesie is coming later tonight...looks like it is just you and me for awhile, though. I think we work too much...lol

And thank you.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    If we keep this up people with think we created the thread just for us. LOL :laugh:
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    I'm good with that...

oh oh oh... Did you know the latest medical emergency is to come screaming through the ER doors..because you cut your thumb...wait for it ...wait for it...on a Coors pop top can and you can't get it to stop bleeding.. ***sigh***
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    ROFL!!!!!
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    I keep telling myself...one more night after tonight...lol...

I'm not sure what he was more worried about in the end...his beer or his finger.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm pretty sure by the time you guys were done, it was his beer. :smile:
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Yeah, I think he was more mad over the tetanus shot. LoL...
    I'm sure he's wherever enjoying his cold beverages...and opening them just a little more carefully now.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm sure he is telling his buddies that he is drinking for medicinal purposes as a pain killer.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    LMAO...so true. Now maybe I can get...wait for it...wait for it...reports done! BOO :s