Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Seriously, why can't people just be responsible for their own food, so the fridge never gets to that point in the first place?

People are lazy. They do that shizz at home, why would they do it at work too?

I kept getting told not to 'forget' food in the fridge. I finally told my sergeants "I heard about the Jeanette debacle. I only leave yogurt and rabbit food in the refrigerator and we ALL know she isn't likely to touch that."

The date with 35 year old Luc was a bust.
    I got a fitbit Charge for my birthday(It's not 'til Feb. 9th but my mom wouldn't be here so she gave it to me early) and I showed it to him and he GRABBED my arm with BOTH hands and practically pulled half my upper body onto the table. :scream:
    Creeper....

Then, when I asked him why he had long hair he said "You could say it's because I'm lazy, but really I just don't like making small talk with obese, minimum wage, poor people." So, THAT pretty much killed it for me.

Plus I walked him to his car and he freaked out because I wouldn't get into his car for a ride back to mine. Dude, I can walk, and I have NO idea if you're actually going to take me back to my car or not. I'm not taking the chance. He was really irritated by that.

I got a text after the date telling me that people in Austin were smarter, thinner, and sexier and I would probably have more luck if I moved into the city. He said he was sorry it wasn't going to work because "I need someone who will let me touch them. Touching is part of being in a relationship."
    Bro, it was a FIRST DATE! CALM THE EFF DOWN!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,215 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - Wow! Maybe instead of your number, you should give him the number to a good shrink!.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - Wow! Maybe instead of your number, you should give him the number to a good shrink!.

He doesn't like psychiatrists. :neutral:

Called them all a bunch of stupid, money snatching goons.... That was AFTER I told him I was thinking about a degree in psychology...

I should have given him my gun from my car so he could have ACTUALLY shot himself in the foot, honestly.

ETA: I should also mention, I am leaving out the comments he made about my breasts, my race, my hair, the police, and the military.

I think I want LESS judgmental people in my life, not more.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Wow. He sounds like a real gem of a human being...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just wow. My jaw actually dropped reading that...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Boy, he was really picking the things in your life one by one wasn't he. :smile: Guess we know who isn't getting a second date. Did you tell him you wish his IQ was at least half what he weighed?
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Yesterday I noticed our poor poochie had flaking yellow crust on his poor balding back. So I google it. Mange. He's been tested for mange before but it sounds like it is pretty tough to get a positive result. I swear, if it has been mange this whole time...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I'm curious...you said you kinda liked him before you even saw him. What was it about him that drew you to him initially? Before he revealed his true colors... >:)
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    WTF???? Way to make a first impression that turned into a last impression. Wow.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Yesterday I noticed our poor poochie had flaking yellow crust on his poor balding back. So I google it. Mange. He's been tested for mange before but it sounds like it is pretty tough to get a positive result. I swear, if it has been mange this whole time...

Yellow crusting skin on the balding back sounds more like a staph infection. How old is he again?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not dating anymore. Some people really misrepresent themselves before you start actually going out on dates.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    He's just about 4.

I am sooo glad I'm not dating either. I think we all misrepresent ourselves to an extent when we date at first though...the real you comes out I say between year 3-5...just my experience but then again...I've only had the one. I think my problem as a singleton would be that I'd be too quick to shut people down. Waaaay too picky but then expect people to deal with my crazy.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Everytime he is on a course of prednisone and anitbiotics, he improves but it alwaaaaays comes back. The cats are balding near their tail bases now too...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    If it was mange, Prednisone would make it worse and antibiotics wouldn't help. Antibiotics would make it better if it were staph. If it is an allergy related problem, it will always come back once the prednisone is done. What antihistamines have you tried?
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Diphenylhydramine but he doesn't tolerate it well. We tried loratadine with no luck.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    What about Zyrtec. Not the Zyrtec D, just the Zyrtec. Have you tried that yet?
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    party was a bust....who the hell eats dinner at 11pm. we left before it was served, but thank god the cocktail hour food was good
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Seriously, why can't people just be responsible for their own food, so the fridge never gets to that point in the first place?

It's gotten to be one of the unwritten rules at work. If the night crew spots something questionable in the fridge, it's going to be thrown out. Especially on the weekends.

I went through this a while ago and never going to do this again. Few years ago strange smells were coming from the fridge. Found the source, it was tossed out by one of my night shift coworkers, it was some science plant experiment thing ( I believe it was originally yogurt), few days later there was an email sent out to all the backshift crew stating not to toss things out anymore. It's gotten bad enough, the smell nowadays, that I rarely store things in it anymore. If I bring things that need to be kept cold, I pack it in a small cooler with the ice gel packs.
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    I went through this a while ago and never going to do this again. Few years ago strange smells were coming from the fridge. Found the source, it was tossed out by one of my night shift coworkers, it was some science plant experiment thing ( I believe it was originally yogurt), few days later there was an email sent out to all the backshift crew stating not to toss things out anymore. It's gotten bad enough, the smell nowadays, that I rarely store things in it anymore. If I bring things that need to be kept cold, I pack it in a small cooler with the ice gel packs.

yea its been a few times with use....we have 3 shifts of about 25 people each, and I feel like some people just leave food in there for weeks on end because they are too lazy to take it home. its bad when 1 of the supervisors needs to make an official memo about it

• Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    No Zyrtec yet.

We have our (third) first appt with the vet on Monday.