Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius - That's a lot to deal with. Are you going to make the switch?

@LCbaby0x - That would be hard. Everyone expects everything to be perfect with the delivery and the new baby and that just doesn't happen. A million cell divisions to make a baby. There are going to be mistakes. It doesn't surprise me that there are birth defects. What surprises me is that there aren't more.
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    LCbaby0x wrote: »
    Yes I work in labor & delivery! I love it

had to bring a pt right up to L/D floor 1 night. we got her on the bed, I walked up to the nurse's station, and next thing I hear is crying coming from the room....lets just say we were about 1 minute away from having to decon on the ambulance

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius -that's really a lot to deal with! I hope you can catch some kind of break soon. And, I didn't want to be the voice of decention, but I didn't really think the Sephora job was a good fit for you. I hope your insurance gets sorted out, though.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius -that's really a lot to deal with! I hope you can catch some kind of break soon. And, I didn't want to be the voice of decention, but I didn't really think the Sephora job was a good fit for you. I hope your insurance gets sorted out, though.

I knew it wasn't either but I wanted it to be. :(

@sufferlandrian I am making the switch. I'm guaranteed to go nowhere where I'm at and I feel like such a schmuck working here and for people who don't give a shizz enough about their employees to even pay them on time. Things might not be any better but I won't know until I try. I'm still going to try for something better in the meantime but sitting around at this place and waiting is killing me...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Oh, another thing. I have to wear jeans. And steel-toed boots.

JEANS? I haven't worn jeans in years. I don't even OWN a pair!

This is going to be so weird, going from wearing a skirt or dress all of the time to jeans a lot of the time. The only time I wear pants now is when I wear fleecy ones at home. Now I'll be wearing jeans on the daily...weird...I mean, I understand why I can't wear dresses but that is gonna be weeeeeird at first!
  • fireguy262
    Options
    its weird....I came in 11p-3a for OT, my normal shift is 3a-11a. I was fine for 11p-3a, but it seems like that once my normal time started, I got tired. now im ready to go home. only 7 hours left
  • LCbaby0x
    LCbaby0x Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    3-5am is always the worst!
  • fireguy262
    Options
    hopefully I can get1 of the 7am'ers to bring in a coffee
  • LCbaby0x
    Options
    Agreed lol I'll need coffee to drive home
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options

Eyelids start feeling reeeeal heavy about that time...
  • fireguy262
    Options
    apparently I have a party to go to tonight....and have work tomorrow at 3am. this weekend should be fun......
  • LCbaby0x
    Options
    Yes I so agree.. Right now to be exact lol
  • fireguy262
    Options

Eyelids start feeling reeeeal heavy about that time...

definitely right about that....its 100% times worse when sitting in a chair with nothing to do.....but I get paid for my potential to act, so I guess that makes it better

• jennifer_417
    Options
    fireguy262 wrote: »
    apparently I have a party to go to tonight....and have work tomorrow at 3am. this weekend should be fun......

A party? What's that?
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options

Yes!! Sucks every night.

@Frankie_Felinius Good Lord girl. I hope that this new position eventually leads to less stress and more cashola. I thought you'd do great at Sephora but then you brought up the whole being on point all the time and that would be hella stressful. I can def see how that would end up not being any fun at all and would just be more pressure.
  • fireguy262
    Options

A party? What's that?

more like...I have to make an appearance as a representative of my volunteer fire dept at an awards/swearing in dinner of a neighboring fire dept....then be at work by 3am since apparently the cleanliness of the work refrigerator is more important to the schedule lady than the actual schedule is. gotta love priorities
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Don't get me started on fridge drama :D
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Seriously, why can't people just be responsible for their own food, so the fridge never gets to that point in the first place?
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    back after 2 days off.....3a-11a isn't that bad. wake up at 2, get out by 11. gym, lunch, nap, wake up, hangout with the wife and have dinner, in bed by 9:30, repeat

At least you get some daylight. I had some while doing laundry today....the sun is like poison to my eyeballs... :cry:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    Seriously, why can't people just be responsible for their own food, so the fridge never gets to that point in the first place?

It's gotten to be one of the unwritten rules at work. If the night crew spots something questionable in the fridge, it's going to be thrown out. Especially on the weekends.