Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Aaaaand silence. Everyone went to bed. :)

Oh yeah...checks still not here.

Ever since I started this whole "anti-inflam/vegan/gluten/dairy-free" nonsense I've noticed that guacamole is the highlight of my day food-wise. Not the highlight but the only time I'm like "Oh yeah, that's satisfying." I'm satisfied every time I eat if we are talking about fullness. But satisfied...no. I'm mostly eating grains and produce but I can tell how much I want animal product. Cheese, egg, butter...something with fat...and...idk...animal. But good ol' guacamole almost gives me that satisfaction. I've been eating a lot of rice and beans (one combo more Indian spiced, the other Adobo/verde salsa/cilantro/lime) and when I eat the latter of those kinds...I eat it with an obscene amount of guac...but the nice thing is...when you are eating vegan, it is perfectly fine to eat that amount of guac! Keeps me full, is full of anti-inflam ingredients and good fats. Thanks guac...you rock.

Also something to note about a mostly vegan diet? Poop. You poop more often and more easily. I googled it and apparently it is super common for vegans to have 2-4 poops a day. Sheesh! All that roughage... :o
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegan, actually low carb/higher fat. I <3 avocado in any form (guac or chocolate pudding style) and (TMI) I poop after every meal. One meal in, the other meal out. Never any problems. Tonight I really felt like blue corn tortilla chips, but that would blow my carb total out of the water today, so raw cauliflowerets dipped in 1.5 avocados worth of guac (I mix cumin, a bit of salsa, yogourt, chipotle chiles, and lime juice in it). Great snack, and now I'm satisfied.
    BTW, awesome sparkly dress @Frankie_Felinius !!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Okay What is ya'lls insta-whats-its?

I am lilac_lovebird. :smiley:

same as here on MFP lacroyx
  • lpetty22
    lpetty22 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Night shifter here...on lunch...the night is going pretty smoothly. Stocking bath and bedding and slicing my hand via paper/cardboard cuts as usual....
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Working with paper/cardboard dries my already poor dry azz hands to a crisp!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    So two of our cats have balding by the base of their tails. Whatever the pooch has is bothering the cats now. I'm thinking mites? They did a scrape on the dog more than once but I'm thinking that might need to be re-considered now that the cats are being affected. Ga-rate.

Also, checks STILL not here. I sooo wish I would have accepted that job that started tomorrow. I didn't want to screw over the other FD people but I feel like a schmuck working for a company that doesn't effing pay me! I'm hitting the (job search) pavement hard tomorrow and so help me Cheezus if I get offered something...
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    So two of our cats have balding by the base of their tails. Whatever the pooch has is bothering the cats now. I'm thinking mites? They did a scrape on the dog more than once but I'm thinking that might need to be re-considered now that the cats are being affected. Ga-rate.

Also, checks STILL not here. I sooo wish I would have accepted that job that started tomorrow. I didn't want to screw over the other FD people but I feel like a schmuck working for a company that doesn't effing pay me! I'm hitting the (job search) pavement hard tomorrow and so help me Cheezus if I get offered something...

Oh dear Lord. Is there any way you could bark down the hole and figure our what the eff is going on with your pay checks? This is SUPER unprofessional of them.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Not paying your employees is a really good way to not have employees.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Potential Guest: It says on the thing that your rate is X.
    Me: What thing?
    Potential Guest: The thing on my phone.
    Me...
    In the end, he couldn't figure out how to book a reservation on "the thing," I knocked $5.00 off our normal rate, and everyone was happy.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Booorrinnnngggg.
    That is all
    Lol
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I could...but it doesn't do anything. This has happened before. They don't give a shizz if we are upset over it. If someone quits over it...plenty of other non-skilled people are looking for a job...

I spent the last hour or so looking at places to apply tomorrow. There is nothing...sooo...I'm going to a temp service and seeing what they can help me with. I can't stay at a place that pulls bs like this...
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    did they do the same thing to you that they did to us? change the pay dates to the first and the 15th of month, instead of every 2 weeks, without telling anyone until someone started asking question and they sent us the same email the rest of the county got november
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Nah...they just know we have no recourse...they'll get around to it when they see fit apparently...
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    1 month in and im loving the 3a-11a shift....when I work it. so much OT here, I think I've only worked the normal 8 hours 3 times so far
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    3 a - 11 a...hmm...can't say I'd like that shift...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Omg...when you type like, three paragraphs and it disappears...apparently I wasn't meant to share anyway. :|
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    3 a - 11 a...hmm...can't say I'd like that shift...

Here, in Texas, that shift would SUCK! 11am would be too hot to get anything done.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I need peeps to check instagram bc you guys are getting requests lol. I'm bethanie911

I had no idea you guys were there except @Frankie_Felinius. And WTF with the paychecks? That's sh*tty as hell.

Nothing too exciting from my weekend. We spend all of Friday afternoon and most of the evening without power. We lost it again Saturday afternoon but it was back on within a couple hours. We were very lucky bc there were still peeps this morning without power. We got a .25 inch of ice. I posted some pics on instgram. On my ventures to work this evening, there was trees and branches down all over the place. Totally glad I didn't have to work it.
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    i'm @prodigalhippie on IG...although most of what I end up sharing is pretty mundane.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Sooo...I went to a temp service today and it was near my work so I called to see if checks showed up. My manager said "no, but they should be here today". Still doesn't help me out because I'll be in bed and not be able to deposit my check until Tuesday. So I text the regional manager to see if he knows what is going on. He didn't know we hadn't been paid and texted me back that the checks were on a truck in the city and they'd be there today. Apparently there was FedEx mistake in Memphis (apparently) but all of us are arguing that even if there was...don't send checks out on Thursday for a Friday payday! Pay period ends Sunday...get that shizz done and out so this can't happen...or do direct deposit.

Anyway, so my fiance looks for his check and IT ISN'T THERE. Our boss looks it up in payroll and somehow HE FORGOT TO PUT HIS HOURS IN!! So they are overnighting his check. My fiance was pissed and told the boss that he wants a paid day off for the bs and one for me too. And it was done. Frankly, ALL employees should have received a paid day off...