Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    What is it with seizing dogs this week? At least most have had a good outcome. I've got another on the way in.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Four hours to go for me. I hope you get some good sleep.

Sleep is relative at this point.. I either get too much (rarity) or not enough (way too often).

Hope the dog turns out ok...if it's anything like hospitals...there are waves of them...we get CHF'ers one week, pneumonia the next and then something random like 3 PE's....
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Fortunately it turned out to be epilepsy. That's an easy treatment. Can't cure it, but at least it's easily treated.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    How's your night going?
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    It's going...busy ...has been the last few nights...which is odd...but as they say - job security!
  • hot4fitness2
    hot4fitness2 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Once again another night on the TBI. i won a pretty nice stethoscope in a drawing apparently my name was put in for. Woohoo!!! A nice one as well...
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Good for you hot4fitness2! Also, I GOT SLEEP!!!! I'm SO happy. It's slow, so I'm dipping out early. I'm giddy! What about you all? How's life? Sorry about the seizing dogs, suffer. Hope everything slows a bit, Lady.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    @hot - WTG on the stethoscope. When I graduated LVN school umpteen (and yes, that is a word) years ago...my aunt bought me my first Littman. I still have it put up for safekeeping.

@darkrose. Thank you - it will eventually. 2 more nights after this one and 4 days off....so I'm getting a little excited as well!
  • MelaniLight
    MelaniLight Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Holy cow...I know that there isn't a full moon tonight, but it sure does feel like it! CRA-ZY.
  • girl___123
    Options
    ^^Agreed^^
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Seizure dog is doing well. Laceration dog is recovering now. That was a huge cut, likely on a Barbwire fence.
  • MelaniLight
    MelaniLight Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Seizure dog is doing well. Laceration dog is recovering now. That was a huge cut, likely on a Barbwire fence.

Yay!!
  • LadyRN76
    Options

Barbwire will do it every time.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I really hate doing records. :frowning:
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    I really hate doing records. :frowning:

LoL... I have 10 days before the audits start....then I'll be right there with you!

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    Sometimes I wish this was like human medicine. I could dictate the record and some one else could transcribe them. :smile:
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Ha! No, you don't. Electronic medical records are the biggest government junket/piece of crap EVER. Don't even get me started.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    LOL. OK. I'll take your word for it.

I was going to go out riding my fat tire bike in the snow this morning. I had the bike loaded in the back of my truck. Unfortunately when I went to get the bike, it was frozen into the bike rack. I had to go home and take the mount off and let it thaw in the garage. :laugh:
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Cold weather problems....wowzers.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It's 13 now with a wind chill of -4 degrees F. It is supposed to get to 3 degrees F tonight.