Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    BodyByBex wrote: »
    Yeah! Only 66 hours to go! :smile: Been busy so that makes time go faster.

*hands you a Red Bull* you go this!

So, my fam convinced me that I need to go to the dr in the morning....after I told them I was getting dizzy and short of breath while laying down, not moving. Maybe some antibiotics'll get me back on my feet. Z Pack, here I come!

Get better!

Anytime I get dizzy/short of breath while laying down when I have pneumonia. I HATE pneumonia.

I've wondered if it wasn't something like that...I almost feel like I'm making it up since there's not been a while lot of other symotoms...general weakness, dizziness, and shortness of breathe, no congestion, only a slight fever, and I was only today coughing a little bit.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Only 66 hours to go! :smile: Been busy so that makes time go faster.

*hands you a Red Bull* you go this!

So, my fam convinced me that I need to go to the dr in the morning....after I told them I was getting dizzy and short of breath while laying down, not moving. Maybe some antibiotics'll get me back on my feet. Z Pack, here I come!

Get better!

Anytime I get dizzy/short of breath while laying down when I have pneumonia. I HATE pneumonia.

I've wondered if it wasn't something like that...I almost feel like I'm making it up since there's not been a while lot of other symotoms...general weakness, dizziness, and shortness of breathe, no congestion, only a slight fever, and I was only today coughing a little bit.

I don't really cough at all when I get pneumonia until after I've gone to the doctor and gotten the chest x-rays and have been given all these medicines and a shot in the @$$.... I do get a persistent fever though and have the strength and endurance of a newborn eyeless kitten.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Well, I've been to the dr and the official diagnosis is...anxiety. It finally makes sense now that the only symptoms were dizziness, shortness of breath, and overall weakness. I have been under a huge amount of stress lately and felt truckloads of anxiety, along with depression, so this makes a lot of sense to me, but now I feel a bit silly having laid in bed all week thinking I had the flu or pneumonia.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    You get so far behind you think you're in the lead? That's my records right now. I can't believe how busy it's been.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Well, Jennifer.... although anxiety and its symptoms feel awful, at least they won't kill you like pneumonia could. Now that you know what it is, perhaps that will even ease your stress and anxiety a bit.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Yeah, it helps to know. I've felt like Typhoid Mary all week, trying not to touch anything at my house because I might be contagious.
    The dr gave me a script for an anti-anxiety med. I feel a bit sheepish about, but if it helps, then I'll take it. He also suggested I look into some counseling, which I plan to do.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Yeah, it helps to know. I've felt like Typhoid Mary all week, trying not to touch anything at my house because I might be contagious.
    The dr gave me a script for an anti-anxiety med. I feel a bit sheepish about, but if it helps, then I'll take it. He also suggested I look into some counseling, which I plan to do.

If I get the 911 dispatcher position, I will probably need therapy.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,477 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

TBH, I started an anti-anxiety/depression prescription a month ago. I should've asked sooner. It feels like the sun came out and burned off the fog in my brain. Best choice I've made for myself in awhile. I still kinda feel embarrassed/sheepish about it but I feel so much better. I think you made a great decision and I hope your fog clears up soon too :hugs: :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options

TBH, I started an anti-anxiety/depression prescription a month ago. I should've asked sooner. It feels like the sun came out and burned off the fog in my brain. Best choice I've made for myself in awhile. I still kinda feel embarrassed/sheepish about it but I feel so much better. I think you made a great decision and I hope your fog clears up soon too :hugs: :smile:

Thanks! I'm glad I made the choice. I'm told it takes 2weeks-a month for it to really kick in completely.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options

Thanks! I'm glad I made the choice. I'm told it takes 2weeks-a month for it to really kick in completely.

Same here. I could feel myself starting to come out of the fog after a couple weeks. It's gotten better bit by bit every day.
  • jennifer_417
    Options

Same here. I could feel myself starting to come out of the fog after a couple weeks. It's gotten better bit by bit every day.

Well, I will look forward to that! I'm glad you made a choice to care for yourself, too!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Anyone get horrible monster headaches after a good workout sometimes? It's not all the time, just sometimes.

I do drink a protein shake after I workout.....but maybe I should switch back to Muscle Milk. I don't know if it's the shake though. Maybe I'm just broken...maybe I need to do more cardio...maybe my body hates exercise...

Maybe it's blood pressure issues? But when I'm resting, my blood pressure is freaking PERFECT. After exercise it is fine, I just have a headache for some reason.
    I'll test this again on Saturday.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Anyone get horrible monster headaches after a good workout sometimes? It's not all the time, just sometimes.

I do drink a protein shake after I workout.....but maybe I should switch back to Muscle Milk. I don't know if it's the shake though. Maybe I'm just broken...maybe I need to do more cardio...maybe my body hates exercise...

Maybe it's blood pressure issues? But when I'm resting, my blood pressure is freaking PERFECT. After exercise it is fine, I just have a headache for some reason.
    I'll test this again on Saturday.

Hmmm...are you drinking plenty of water? I think dehydration can cause headaches? Either way, I hope you get it sorted out!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a balance of Carbs and Protein, you may start running ketones. Great for weight loss but can give you a screaming headache in large amounts.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    If you don't have a balance of Carbs and Protein, you may start running ketones. Great for weight loss but can give you a screaming headache in large amounts.

So...eat more carbs? Stop avoiding the tortillas and just eat them in moderation?

Time to find more of a balance in my diet and, as always, drink more water. :mrgreen:
  • Terra_Incognita
    Terra_Incognita Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Evening nightshifters(: My people... I knew you were here.
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Been a while since I've been on here. Trying to get back to the plan...
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Suffer & Bex: no problems running ketones for exercise, but only once you are fat adapted. Prior to that, you can feel pretty weak. Headaches in that case would be from electrolyte imbalance.
    ketotic.org/2012/05/keto-adaptation-what-it-is-and-how-to.html
  • Terra_Incognita
    Terra_Incognita Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Welcome back ripomeroy(: Heya canadjineh. I've recently been using a LCHF(ish) approach and so far it has been working for me. I did notice a slight headache after a week of this... granted, it wasn't after exercise. It probably had to do with me quitting the sodas. As a nightshifter this was really a challenge (for myself anyway) because I could sip on soda all night long and have for many, many years. I've been drinking water and tea a great deal now. I miss that fizzy stuff! I also added a little bit of salt to my food and that helped my headache a bit.
  • canadjineh
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @Terra_Incognita I'm a low carber too (<25g net) but may bump up a bit to around 50g while I am away in Jamaica (headed out Thursday). Are you a member of our Low Carber Daily Forum group? Name seems familiar, sorta. You could always get a Soda Stream and make your own with more natural flavours if you miss it that much.
    Welcome back @rlpomeroy.