Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Back to work. Looking at a 9 day stretch. Might as well start if off with something crazy. Dog seen at the regular vet with a platelet count of 0. That's right, I said 0. Turns out it an autoimmune problem so we are trying to get it to quit destroying platelets. Gotta love steroids.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Back to work. Looking at a 9 day stretch. Might as well start if off with something crazy. Dog seen at the regular vet with a platelet count of 0. That's right, I said 0. Turns out it an autoimmune problem so we are trying to get it to quit destroying platelets. Gotta love steroids.

Woah!
  • BodyByBex
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @BodyByBex Woot woot!! The profession is always in need of good, reliable dispatchers. Most agencies run short all the time so when a great, promising application comes across, they snatch peeps up lol. And need to make sure all the ducks stay in a row so they can get you going quicker.

I'm back to work after some time off and a class. Class was at the beach which would've been way more enjoyable had it not rained almost the entire time. It cleared up the first afternoon just in time for me to watch the sunset.

We had a new dispatcher start while I was gone; she worked at another agency on the fire side so she has experience with call taking and dispatching. We do strictly law enforcement so all new lingo for her to learn. My partner and I will take turns. I hope she quits comparing our system to her old one :expressionless: My partner has her now, I'll get her in a couple hours.

I have heard nothing since, so I am hoping they are just waiting until after the holidays pass. I know all of OUR Human Resources people are on vacation right now.
    I got a new top and blazer for the interview(that isn't even scheduled yet) I REALLY want to get this position.
    ETA: I am hoping if I ACT like I am GOING to get the job, that the universe will agree with me.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Last final today. Then ALL THE SLEEP.

I hope you truly are getting ALL the sleep. :heart:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    BodyByBex wrote: »
    Last final today. Then ALL THE SLEEP.

I hope you truly are getting ALL the sleep. :heart:

I'm about to start seriously working on that in just a few minutes!
  • Terra_Incognita
    Terra_Incognita Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    night gals(: thinking good thoughts for your finals and for the J.O.B.!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    They are probably waiting. We weren't going to hire a new tech until after the holidays but we lost another tech to a drug test so we are forced in to looking for another tech sooner than expected. Hope you hear shortly after the holidays. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Thank you @sufferlandrian ! That gives me some hope!

Thanks @Terra_Incognita, I need all the positive thoughts/prayers I can get!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm guessing these folks didn't know there is an emergency clinic. The dog got its eye popped out last night but they waited until this morning to come in. It was only -11 degrees last night. It's -17 degrees this morning.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    @BodyByBex From the time I submitted my application till I got my first interview was between 4-6 weeks. No worries :smile:

I need sleep lol. But I don't think napping at my console would be okay :lol:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I just found one of my techs asleep at the keyboard. Head on the desk and hands still on the keyboard. I'm not sure what they were typing in the patient chart, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't English. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I haven't done much at all for the last couple of days besides sleep and watch Netflix. I've got some projects lined out over the break but decided to take it easy the 1st few days. Job hunt continues!
  • Terra_Incognita
    Options
    That dog is huge!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    We have a gal who keeps calling but hasn't come in yet. She had her dog spayed today and then hit it with the car. Why was a dog that had surgery today somewhere that it could get hit by the car?
  • Terra_Incognita
    Options
    @jennifer_417 Whatcha been watching on Netflix?

@sufferlandrian Oh gosh! Pup is having a rough day.

• jennifer_417
    Options
    @jennifer_417 Whatcha been watching on Netflix?

@sufferlandrian Oh gosh! Pup is having a rough day.

Star Trek, mostly. The only series that I haven't seen all the episodes of is TNG, so I'm getting caught up.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Should have gotten on the exercise bike but I'm just struggling with motivation tonight. Found out my other doctor has to leave town so I'm working straight through until the 28th.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I've had it. According to the blasted scale, I have gained 7 pounds. I know I've been eating too much, I haven't been getting to the gym like I should. I refuse to give in. I am NOT getting on the scale until June. I am going to lift 3 times a week, take a class once a week, get my 12k steps every day, and monitor(but not overly restrict) my calories.
    These are my goals. I am going to do this. and *KITTEN* the scale! That number doesn't mean *KITTEN*!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Why do we get so tied to the scale? I do the same thing! I look at the scale and can't believe I've gained weight. At the same time, I'm biking further and faster than ever before. So if I'm more fit, what does the weight matter? I know the weight isn't important comparted to fitness, but I can't seem to break the cycle of monitoring my weight like it was more important.