Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Why do we get so tied to the scale? I do the same thing! I look at the scale and can't believe I've gained weight. At the same time, I'm biking further and faster than ever before. So if I'm more fit, what does the weight matter? I know the weight isn't important comparted to fitness, but I can't seem to break the cycle of monitoring my weight like it was more important.

This.

I also get tired of people asking "what do you weigh now?"
    I feel terrible that I've included people in my journey and now they only want a silly number.
    Why don't they ask me something important? Like "What are you squatting now?" or "What do you bench?"

Because nothing is better to me than ACCIDENTALLY benching MORE than you intended and it feeling like nothing. :sunglasses:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I love that! You get done with a ride and look at the time and it's 5 minutes faster than the last time. You get on the weights and you can pull one more rep than last time. I tell my wife and she looks at me like I've been wasting my time.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I love that! You get done with a ride and look at the time and it's 5 minutes faster than the last time. You get on the weights and you can pull one more rep than last time. I tell my wife and she looks at me like I've been wasting my time.

I get this ALL the time at work. But they all think I'm rabid anyway :laugh:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    LOL. It is Texas. Maybe you got licked by a rabid bat when you were sleeping. Wait, you sleep during the day. Guess you good to go. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    What a night. I'm ready go to home and go to bed. Watching heart rates on dogs all night after they ate the owners chocolate stashes. Two different owners, two different dogs, same result. Watching heart rates in the ER. Both did fine.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    BodyByBex wrote: »
    Why do we get so tied to the scale? I do the same thing! I look at the scale and can't believe I've gained weight. At the same time, I'm biking further and faster than ever before. So if I'm more fit, what does the weight matter? I know the weight isn't important comparted to fitness, but I can't seem to break the cycle of monitoring my weight like it was more important.

This.

I also get tired of people asking "what do you weigh now?"
    I feel terrible that I've included people in my journey and now they only want a silly number.
    Why don't they ask me something important? Like "What are you squatting now?" or "What do you bench?"

Because nothing is better to me than ACCIDENTALLY benching MORE than you intended and it feeling like nothing. :sunglasses:

Yaaasssss!!! :+1:

I've been slack for a couple weeks between class time and training a new lady and Christmas time. And it's cool. I'll get at it and when I do, I'll weigh myself as a benchmark and that'll be it. I hate the scale; it doesn't show how much better I feel or that my pants fit better, or that I sleep better. My husband and I are both done with that d@mn thing.
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Ever feel like it's the calm before the storm?

I've pulled the short straw this year and am working Christmas eve, day, Boxing day and the bank holiday Tuesday as day shifts. Everyone so far has been busy telling horror stories, and based on those, I'm going to be shattered by the end!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    What I hate is the number of people that decide to put their pets down on Christmas. They want Fifi to make it to one more Christmas and then they put the pet down. Not my favorite way to remember a pet.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Two nights in a row we are watching chocolate toxicity dogs. The two tonight are doing very well. Both last night ended up doing well by the end of the night. Yeah for whomever invented Acepromazine. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Two nights in a row we are watching chocolate toxicity dogs. The two tonight are doing very well. Both last night ended up doing well by the end of the night. Yeah for whomever invented Acepromazine. :smile:

Also, who knows.... there's probably a lot less real chocolate in the 'chocolates' they ate than in quality stuff. There's a lot of cheap crap that passes for chocolate floating around as gifts this time of year. But then again I am a choco-snob lol.
    11247533_503400399829241_1529666072_n.jpg
    Glad they are doing well @sufferlandrian .
    @LittleMissAlx I like working on those days (extra pay and really, no big expectations from the boss). My only horror story will likely be the weather.... but that keeps the troublemakers holed up anyhow.

• BodyByBex
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Ever feel like it's the calm before the storm?

I've pulled the short straw this year and am working Christmas eve, day, Boxing day and the bank holiday Tuesday as day shifts. Everyone so far has been busy telling horror stories, and based on those, I'm going to be shattered by the end!

I am also working all these days.
    Night shift except for tonight and Christmas Eve, I'm working evening shift (1500-2300). They had me switch because someone had a "family emergency". Not sure if it's real or not, I'm hoping not, honestly, because I don't want to have to sign another "grief card" for this department. We've done enough of that this year. Thank goodness 2016 is almost over. I can't WAIT for a fantastic 2017.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Well Christmas workers, welcome to another weekend of crazy. The weather here is nice at 28 degrees and snowing but the people are nuts. I followed a guy to work doing 15 mph with clear roads and no one in front of them! I wanted to pass but then I would be the idiot. As sure as I would pull out, there would be ice and I would cause an accident. I figured doing 15 mph was better than waiting for the police to do an accident report.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Well Christmas workers, welcome to another weekend of crazy. The weather here is nice at 28 degrees and snowing but the people are nuts. I followed a guy to work doing 15 mph with clear roads and no one in front of them! I wanted to pass but then I would be the idiot. As sure as I would pull out, there would be ice and I would cause an accident. I figured doing 15 mph was better than waiting for the police to do an accident report.

Tonight has been a fun night listening to the radio.

I'm REALLY glad the police were able to successfully disarm that 9 year old...yeah. A NINE YEAR OLD!
    Parent called 911 because the 9 year old HIT THEM and then proceeded to get a hold of a firearm and THREATEN the adult.
    If I had done ANYTHING like that, at the assaulting the adult part, I would have been SO punished.

Other than that, nothing TOO crazy.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow! First, why does the child have access to a gun. Why wasn't it in a safe? Second, if I hit my parents, it would be the coroner they were calling, not the police. I'd have been a dead baby.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I can't believe this Schnauzer is bouncing back as well as it has so far.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'd guess there are some pretty serious problems in that home. That kind of behavior is usually learned from observation.

Glad the Schnauzer is doing better!

Merry Christmas Eve, all!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Merry Christmas Eve!

So, apparently, I can't POSSIBLY know ANYTHING about identifying snakes because 1) I'm a girl and 2) I wasn't raised in Texas so how could I possibly know the difference between a Timber Rattlesnake and a Rat Snake? *I need an eyeroll emoji*

My coworker SWEARS he kicked a Timber Rattlesnake out of one of our labs. The snake he describes and the behavior, to me, SCREAMS rat snake. Then he said he found a picture and printed it, of what the snake looked like.

056z1mca13hm.jpg

Just by looking at the shape of it's head and body, that is a RAT SNAKE!
    But oh no, I should "look it up" because I "don't know" what I'm talking about because I'm "a girl" and I'm "not even from Texas, let alone 'round these parts."

I LOVE snakes. They are fascinating animals and I research and look things up about them whenever I can. I handle the more docile ones often and work tirelessly to educate about "bad snakes" versus "good snakes" because out here, the only "good snake" is a dead one to most people and that is detrimental to the ecosystem.

Not to mention Timber Rattlesnakes are a protected species and should never be kicked. That's just disrespectful.

Then he told me if I ran into the snake again and I truly believed it was a rat snake, I should pick it up. Which, if I find it, I will because they're non-venomous and I'm around more than enough materials to clean and dress the wound if I DID get bit by a rat snake.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    One of the deputies was here today. I heard on his radio that a 9 yr old child with mental disability kept calling 911 and the parents couldn't get him to stop. Not sure why they didn't take the phone away or unplug it?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I can't believe this Schnauzer is bouncing back as well as it has so far.

Truly glad the Schnauzer is doing well! :heart:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    One of the deputies was here today. I heard on his radio that a 9 yr old child with mental disability kept calling 911 and the parents couldn't get him to stop. Not sure why they didn't take the phone away or unplug it?

What if THEY had to call 911? :scream:

Really though, I would unplug the house phone and just keep my cell with me. But that's me.