Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Just submitted my grad school application. Holy. Crap.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

Oh snap!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Okay, I would like some prayers/hopes/good thoughts for the 911 dispatcher job. We're beginning the process of transferring people to Health Science Center component so as to avoid terminating people. Unfortunately, no one wants to transfer so someone will be losing their job. :disappointed:
    Could be our admin, could be a commissioned officer, and they may give the "retire or you're laid off" option to one of the sergeants. We were supposed to be safe at the detachment, apparently we're not. :grimace:

I've take n 10 days off for my birthday. I'm hoping to be doing some tests/stuff for the dispatcher position during that time, maybe earlier, but who knows.

Christmas has been taken down around the house, all that's left to put away are the outdoor lights. I have Tuesday night off. I've cooked 4 things in my InstantPot now. I love that thing! All that's left is to, hopefully, make it back to 164 by my birthday. Which is totally doable!

I'm starting c25k tomorrow! :smiley:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options

Well done!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Crossing fingers for 911 dispatch, Bex!! And for the application, Jen! I've had a couple days off and a couple more to go, but heading in to the hospital tomorrow for hubby's outpatient procedure.... perhaps we can get some answers and maybe health improvements in time. Kinda nervous/stressed about this, and of course back to dealing with everyday life stressors (Mom with worsening dementia, Dad getting no rest). Sometimes I feel guilty about wanting a permanent vacation far away from home.
  • Terra_Incognita
    Terra_Incognita Posts: 1,465 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @jennifer_417 Yesssssss!
    @BodyByBex Sending many positive vibes and warm wishes your way to get this!
    @canadjineh Also, the same to you. I know how hard it can be as far as parents health goes. It is hard watching someone you love deteriorate. My Dad has Parkinson's and it is progressively getting worse. My mom, on the bright side has quit smoking and is trying to manage her blood sugars and diabetes better. I'm trying to be a better cheerleader & less of a sheriff.
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year all!
    My Christmas was horrendous - so many sick animals. One day I consulted and admitted patients solidly from 8-730 without a break. Felt like I was juggling constantly to stay afloat. Had a few days off but just doesn't feel like enough! Struggling to stay awake tonight, and super hungry which doesn't help (gained a few lbs which need to go so back on the diet!).
  • canadjineh
    Options
    @LittleMissAlx super hungry because supertired. Try to get a bit of sleep/nap in instead of eating, I know how you feel. Seems like I 'ate all the things' yesterday during my eating window (regular intermittent fasting here).
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I can't believe I picked up another cold! I'm going to become a hermit.
  • TLC227
    TLC227 Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Good luck!
  • LittleMissAlx
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    @LittleMissAlx super hungry because supertired. Try to get a bit of sleep/nap in instead of eating, I know how you feel. Seems like I 'ate all the things' yesterday during my eating window (regular intermittent fasting here).

Unfortunately I have to stay awake in case the phone rings as no one else to answer it :( Hoping to get some lie down time soon though when my nurse comes down.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    BodyByBex wrote: »
    Okay, I would like some prayers/hopes/good thoughts for the 911 dispatcher job. We're beginning the process of transferring people to Health Science Center component so as to avoid terminating people. Unfortunately, no one wants to transfer so someone will be losing their job. :disappointed:
    Could be our admin, could be a commissioned officer, and they may give the "retire or you're laid off" option to one of the sergeants. We were supposed to be safe at the detachment, apparently we're not. :grimace:

Stress sucks!!! Good luck!!

@jennifer_417 Woohoo!!!
    @LittleMissAlx I hope you get some rest.
    @sufferlandrian I'm fighting one off myself, I really hope I conquer it bc I do not have time to be sick.
  • BodyByBex
    Options

@sufferlandrian I am pro-hermit but also I like to be out in the world. Colds suck.

@bethanie0825 I know that feeling. I have time to be sick but too many people rely on me to be at work right now and I don't like the demerits that come with calling out. :frowning:

@jennifer_417 YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!

@LittleMissAlx I hope you get some rest, I tend to crave carbs for quick energy when I don't get much sleep.

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    The respiratory part isn't bad. I've got that under control with medication (Better living through pharmacology.) but my joints ache with this one. :(
  • Terra_Incognita
    Terra_Incognita Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better @sufferlandrian
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Feeling good enough to get out on the Fat Tire today. -1 Degrees F but the dog loved it! :smile: 7wj9wdzqdv82.jpg
    lo1hfs1khpm4.jpg
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian It looks like we might get some snow around my part this weekend! I'm not working this weekend so I'm stoked!!! Btw, your bike is awesome :+1:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Brrrrr, -20C tonight while I am on shift. It's been beautifully sunny and snowy during the day but awful hard to be on my foot patrol overnight. Glad you got to play in the snow sufferlandrian. I've just been out for squeaky walks with my hubby. I love the sound that really cold dry snow makes when you walk in it.
  • LittleMissAlx
    Options
    It is so cold here tonight! We keep looking to see if there's a window open somewhere, but think the cold is just seeping in through the walls! Currently wearing scrubs, jacket and 2 dog blankets for warmth!
  • sufferlandrian
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Sitting in front of a nice warm fire tonight. Was out snow shoeing in -13 degrees earlier. That was a lot of work! Beautiful out there today. That's -13 F, not Celsius. :smile: hhq2r6dkzzzm.jpg