Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian Very jealous right now.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Man, y'all are hard core. It's about 15F here and I'm done!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Yes Jennifer, but you should see me whine when the temp is above 80. :smile:
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Urgh. Worked really hard trying to save a really poorly cat tonight - suspect some kind of toxin - for her to look worse even though her bloodwork was getting better, and we just ended up putting her to sleep. Kindest thing for her but a demoralising start to the night.
  • Terra_Incognita
    Terra_Incognita Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry @LittleMissAlx
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Whelp...we've laid off some folks.
    Hopefully no one else gets the axe, but it's unknown at this time.

Bright side: I'm on a cooking kick lately and made some mashed potatoes from SCRATCH. Which is something I have SEEN done but had never done myself until last night.

I have also made my step goal every day so far this year and I hope to keep that up, barring surgery and illness of course.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Hey Alex, Sorry about that.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear the @LittleMissAlx :disappointed:

@BodyByBex Cooking is awesome, keep that up :+1:

I got back into the gym last week. The weather and rdways kept me inside this weekend. Our snowstorm was a dud on snow totals. I did get to scrape about an inch of ice off my car earlier. We're going to get the coldest weather of the winter last night, today, and tonight. I'll be up nice and early for work; can't wait...
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Supposed to head in to get my ankle checked at the hospital by the orthopedic surgeon again tomorrow. Not really healing like it should... I actually think little bone shavings are working their way out through the spots in the incision that haven't closed properly like they should have by now. I've saved some of the bits to show him. I knew they were going to have to hack the metal hardware out of there after 12 years, I'm not surprised if that's what it turns out to be. I am wondering if I'm going to make it as it's snowing like stink here now (Official Environment Canada Snowfall Warning in effect for tonight). As long as I get there before 2:30 in the afternoon when he goes off duty...
    Crossing my fingers.
    Perfect temperature for lovely play snow, though. -8C right now.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    It was 9F when I left my house at 0450 and is currently 11F.

I'm over it. It'll be 70F by Friday, that's more like it :+1:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Well, I did make it thru the snow - thank you to the plow boys who were out early today! Orthopedic surgeon takes a look and digs around a teeny with his forceps, and looks at the little bits I brought him and tada, I had a bit of an infection where the interior stitches were (not surprising - vacay in Jamaica and a ton of walking during very early healing), that's what the bits were. But it is looking better today, and I just have to continue with the iodine and cover to keep it protected for a few more days.
    Bethanie, 70F?! That's freakin' crazy!
  • bellajan17
    bellajan17 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone... I work the night shift for Child Protective Services and thought I would pop in and say hello. Currently at work and tired! Only an hour left to go though!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Hi bellajan17, the more the merrier. Hope your evening went well. I work 2100-0400 or 2200-0500 in Gov't & Business Site Security (also volunteer with RCMP). I've been off for a couple days, but start again tomorrow night.
  • bellajan17
    bellajan17 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Hi bellajan17, the more the merrier. Hope your evening went well. I work 2100-0400 or 2200-0500 in Gov't & Business Site Security (also volunteer with RCMP). I've been off for a couple days, but start again tomorrow night.

Thanks for the welcome!! Last week was my first week back after Christmas vacation and the struggle was real getting back to the hours and the routine!!

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    bellajan17 wrote: »
    canadjineh wrote: »

Thanks for the welcome!! Last week was my first week back after Christmas vacation and the struggle was real getting back to the hours and the routine!!

You got a vacation over CHRISTMAS? What's THAT like?! :wink: :smiley:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Canadjineh - Ouch! Hope that heals quick.

Bellajan17 - Welcome to the thread. Glad to have you.

We've gotten 12 inches of snow over the last couple of days so it's pretty slow tonight. Got in a good ride. I think coach is trying to kill me though. Speed drills suck. :smile:

• bethanie0825
    Options
    Yep, it didn't get above 27F yesterday and should be 50F today.

gyha950uf034.png
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Gotta love the weather this time of year. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Gonna be -14C on patrol tonight (with wind feels like -16C).... and a few more days like this before weather takes a turn for the really abnormal high temps of +6C on next Wed/Thurs. I hate when it melts during the day and refreezes at night, horrible roads!
    Picture of our picnic table in the yard (it's already been shoveled off to keep it from collapsing, and the bit of space showing on the left is the part of the driveway where we park the Ram 2500.
    51gm8ft4p8m5.jpg

Here's the ankle.... getting impatient, but it should be totally healed up soon. That will make it better for x-c skiing and snowshoeing.
    gybjht4zippv.jpg

Sorry, I don't know why the ankle photo is so huge.... same phone, no playing around with size of file (??). Don't want to gross anyone out, but then again, lots of you are in health care (animal or human, lol).

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    That looks like an ouchy ankle. The cold isn't going to make that feel any better.