Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    It got busy tonight but got real slow this morning. I can't decide if I should get on the exercise bike or get caught up on paperwork. I think the paperwork is going to win out.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Environment Canada LIED!! It was not down to a low of -14C.... It's -24C :o . Good thing I wore an extra fleece vest under my uniform jacket.qzfn07hg8st2.jpg
    Back at home now for my paperwork (& timesheet, YAAAAY).
    004.jpg 459.7K
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    -24C....bump that mess lol!! Snow melt and refreeze is the worst. I grew up in NE Ohio and don't miss the winters one bit.

Who's with me tonight? I'm working OT till 3a
  • showerbeer182
    showerbeer182 Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Woah....woaaaah...wait a second....it's like...barely night time...in fact some would say dusk....I think you nighttime shifters....are...ummm..jumping the gun a lil bit...
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Only 7 more hours to go! :smiley:
    Made the mistake of getting up too early this morning so could fit my long run in, and really paying for it now!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Woah....woaaaah...wait a second....it's like...barely night time...in fact some would say dusk....I think you nighttime shifters....are...ummm..jumping the gun a lil bit...

It's been dark around my part since like 530p lol
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Only 7 more hours to go! :smiley:
    Made the mistake of getting up too early this morning so could fit my long run in, and really paying for it now!

Unfortunately I skipped my hike today so now I'm trying to get steps in at my console and walking around my center. Boo
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It was about 68F here, which felt glorious. Even though I was sick, I still had some errands to run, so I was happy.
    I got a call back from a security company about an overnight position, and just finished the online application process. Hopefully within a week or 2 I'll be nightshifting again!
  • jennifer_417
    Options

I mean, you're posting here...so, there's that. Also, some of us have stopped working overnights since we joined this thread, but we still like the peeps here, so we post when we can!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    *Stabs @jennifer_47, because... well, 68F* So not fair!! Back out for two more nights of -24C/-25C. Gotta leave for the office in 10 minutes, warming my boots over the bathroom heat vent, and throwing more clothes on :/
    Thinkin about ya, Bethanie! Hiya everyone!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @jennifer_417 - I hope the application goes well. I used to work for a security company. It was boring work most of the time but it paid well.

@canadjineh - I love that weather! When it's that cold I have the ski courses and the bike trails all to myself. Call me selfish, but it's so relaxing to just scoot along the trail and not have to worry about bears, people or dog poop in the trail. :smile:
  • showerbeer182
    showerbeer182 Posts: 798 Member
    Options

I mean, you're posting here...so, there's that. Also, some of us have stopped working overnights since we joined this thread, but we still like the peeps here, so we post when we can!

I was just teeeeasing....I like when you night peeps come out a lil early and shake things up missy
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    @sufferlandrian- that's pretty much exactly what I'm hoping for, lol
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @sufferlandrian That's why I love my weekdays off, there's not usually more than 1 or 2 people on the trails I hike. Nice and quiet. As for dog poop, well...lol, people never clean up after their doggies.

I managed to hit 15K steps before midnight. I started at like 3500 so woohoo. Now my feet hurt. I have a couple more hours to go. I planned on trying to hit 5K before I leave at 0300 but I don't know lol. I really just want to sit down and slack. We'll see.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Still waiting to hear from Bastrop County but I applied on Dec. 9th and it's January 12th. Giving it more time.

We lost our Admin, a housekeeper, 2 physical plant guys and our 1 and only nurse for both campuses. :cry:

Our Lt. had a meeting that was CLEARLY just to make him feel better. Moral is sooooooo low around the campus and I am hoping to go somewhere else. It's sad that at this point. Just sad.

ETA: Oh and @canadjineh it was 80 degrees Fahrenheit today. :sunglasses:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @BodyByBex I'd give it another couple weeks. I just ran backgrounds on people we'll interview in the next couple weeks. They applied at the end of November and beginning of December. They won't pass up on you, trust me :smile:

Alright my night walkers, I'm out. I get to come back 0600 Friday morning. Yay.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Why is it OK for people on horses to leave horse poop in the trail but not ok to leave dog poop in the trail?
  • canadjineh
    Options
    @sufferlandrian, horse riders can't carry a Glad garbage bag lol. If you have to climb off your dog to pick up his poop, you can be exempt as well ;) . Seriously though @bethanie0825 there's nothing like zipping down a nordic trail and coming to a full stop thanks to a nice patch of warm dog poop. Of course frozen dog poop causes a bit of a speed bump too.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Horse people should have to carry a shovel and scoop the poop off the trail and into the bushes.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    @sufferlandrian, horse riders can't carry a Glad garbage bag lol. If you have to climb off your dog to pick up his poop, you can be exempt as well ;) . Seriously though @bethanie0825 there's nothing like zipping down a nordic trail and coming to a full stop thanks to a nice patch of warm dog poop. Of course frozen dog poop causes a bit of a speed bump too.

At least I can kick frozen poops out of the way. Not so much when it's 80F lmao