Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Terra_Incognita
    Terra_Incognita Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    @jennifer_417 YAYYYYY!

Hoping everyone is on the mend and feeling mo betta(:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    YAY! @jennifer_417 !!!!
    I hope everyone is feeling better. My weight is currently up and down which is bugging the SMURF out of me. I know it's probably water weight but I ate at maintenance today because *kitten* it!

@sufferlandrian 12 down? That's some sad records. :disappointed:
    But at least you're feeling better physically.

@bethanie0825 Yay OT? :sweat_smile:

Still waiting as patiently as possible to hear back from the county. I want this job so badly.

I'm currently looking at using my tax return to get a new mattress, bed frame, and bedding. But I feel like I'm counting my chickens before they're hatched because the LAST time I got excited about a tax return, I had it taken away. :cry:
    I'm pretty sure I am out of years that they can ding me on, but I dunno. :frowning:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I am feeling much better today!

@BodyByBex - I hope you hear something soon!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Definitely yay for OT. I think I'm about to get screwed over on one of my student loans so I need to get the extra hours while I can. I'm on income based repayment; last year my husband and I filed married joint. I have a feeling they will take his income into account even though we don't share but two bills. And one savings account. The crappy catch is that if we file married but separate, I can't claim my student loan interest as a deduction.

Catch 22 all day long.
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @jennifer_417 Fantastic news!!

@sufferlandrian Wow, what a depressing time you've been having.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    They're doing all the paperwork, background check, etc etc blah blah. I should be nightshiftin' again by this time next week!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,237 Member
    Options
    I really needed a night off. Thank goodness the other vet working tonight.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I really needed a night off. Thank goodness the other vet working tonight.

Get some rest!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    OK. Got some rest and some exercise in. Now it's time to go back to work.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Ugh. My background check is being complicated. I just wanna start working!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I've been through a few of them. They never go as planned. If there wasn't any problem, they would probably wonder what you were lying about and dig deeper. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    edited January 2017
    Options
    By the time I emailed the company to find out what I need to do, they had already received my passed background check. Now I just have to watch about 6 hours of training videos by tomorrow. Fun! But then I'll be night shifting with you guys again! Yay!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Yeah!! Glad you got it. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Thanks! I just finished watching all the training videos and my brain feels full.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    LOL. :smile: I'll bet. Just got a dog in that the owners thought was cold most the night but they couldn't get her warmed up and now she is unresponsive. Took one look at the dog and realized it's been having seizures most the night. Temp is now 104.1 degrees. Now I need to get the seizures under control and see if there was brain damage. :frowning:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Dang that's gotta be rough...hope the pup turns out ok!
  • jennifer_417
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Question: It seems like the general attitude (not from you guys, but I hear it a lot) is that it's harder to lose weight doing night shift, but I've honestly always found it easier, for some reason. What's been your experience?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I've worked night shift for so long I have nothing to compare to. I find it harder to lose weight when it's winter but when summer hits, It's much easier.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I've worked night shift for so long I have nothing to compare to. I find it harder to lose weight when it's winter but when summer hits, It's much easier.

This.

I haven't had any issue with losing weight on night shift. I guess people want to be less active when they're awake at night and that could be the main contributor. Perhaps they prioritize sleep over everything else and getting enough physical activity falls by the wayside.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Up too many hours. Starting to get punchy. Having to double check all my patients to make sure I don't mix them up.