Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Question: It seems like the general attitude (not from you guys, but I hear it a lot) is that it's harder to lose weight doing night shift, but I've honestly always found it easier, for some reason. What's been your experience?

Night shift helps me keep from grazing. It's too easy to head over to the fridge or cupboard when I'm at home. At work I pretty well only have access to what I pack with me. The 7-11 is open but there's so many things I can't eat (celiac disease) that it isn't too much of a temptation to go there. The stuff I can buy is also quite a bit more expensive than regular grocery stores. Also I have an active job, so I get more exercise during shift than time off usually.
  • canadjineh
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Another possibility riffing off of Bex's comment.... Maybe people are forgoing sleep to have more day life. Insufficient sleep will cause weight gain too.
    Edit because of that darn autocorrect!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I've been really lazy the past week. Packed my gym bag and left my BP meds at home so no workout today :angry:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I started c25k, immediately threw out my back, then came down with a nasty cold, then had a ridiculous number of complications getting my work and school schedules sorted out last week. So, planning to get back to it this week. Also, looks like I'll be starting work tomorrow! Yay!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I'm going to be super nosy; what will you be doing??
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    You're not nosy--I didn't even realize I hadn't said! I'll be a security guard at a construction site.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    You're not nosy--I didn't even realize I hadn't said! I'll be a security guard at a construction site.

Haha, good for you! Are you stuck in an office looking at CCTV or are you on foot around the site as well? What's your PPE? Hardhat, steeltoes reflective vest? I always liked the construction sites. Kinda like an obstacle course in the dark, by flashlight.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I'll be outside, and can walk as much as I want, and do homework! No special protective gear, I think because I'm outside the gate. I might get steel toes boots anyway.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,231 Member
    Options
    Two DOA dogs in tonight. No saving those.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    :'(
  • jennifer_417
    Options

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    I was supposed to go biking today. I'm not sure it's going to happen.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    :disappointed::cry:
    I was supposed to go biking today. I'm not sure it's going to happen.

I hope you are able to get your ride in.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    No ride today but I got some weights in. Bowflex is a harsh mistress. :smile: Off the next two days. I'll get some biking and sking in then. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Some nights it is good to be slow. We are able to catch up on a lot of housekeeping things like going through stuff to see what needs to be sterilized again since it's been awhile.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    OT time for me. I'll be here till 3am

Who's with me?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Mememe! First night back on nightshift!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Mememe! First night back on nightshift!

Woohoo!!!!
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Nights are either super busy or dead, dead for me tonight. Anyone else
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Well mine went from uneventful to dead, if you get my meaning. I hate listening to a mother sob bc she found her son deceased... :heartbreak: I don't miss having to take those medical calls one bit.