Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,220 Member
    Options
    Yikes!! I don't envy you on that at all! Hope the rest of your night goes better.
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Well mine went from uneventful to dead, if you get my meaning. I hate listening to a mother sob bc she found her son deceased... :heartbreak: I don't miss having to take those medical calls one bit.

EMT or nurse? I'm in law enforcement, don't like those notifications either
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    @Dreamcrusher16 911. The center I worked for before did LE, fire, and ems dispatching. I now work for a 911 center that just does LE. All fire/medical calls get transferred to another agency.
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Options
    I'm border patrol, thankfully we don't have to do a lot of those calls.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Had my 1st shift last night. It went pretty well! My patrol officer (the person who will check in on me) told me "off the record" that I can totally sleep and when the best time to do that will be. I have to admit, it will help a lot to at least know I won't get in trouble if I get caught sleeping.
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Well mine went from uneventful to dead, if you get my meaning. I hate listening to a mother sob bc she found her son deceased... :heartbreak: I don't miss having to take those medical calls one bit.

I hate those ones enough when it's animal related, can't even imagine dealing with people and death.
  • jennifer_417
    Options

I hate those ones enough when it's animal related, can't even imagine dealing with people and death.

Gosh, yeah, that's gotta be tough.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    It's 10:30 and I've already eaten all if my food. I'm here till 5am. I'll have to get something at the gas station when my patrol officer comes to check on me.
  • JLynRN
    JLynRN Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Slowwwww night *knocks on wood* 5 hrs down, 8 left to go :#
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Went XC Skiing today. Beautiful weather! 25uu488m2vzt.jpg
    mxi97mp5n78j.jpg
    w7ftbuma87op.jpg
    832ypr16d4jr.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    That looks awesome!
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Options
    Haha, tonight's meal prep was wasted. Work got busy so my only food was half a bag of chips and a sugar free monster.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    It's 10:30 and I've already eaten all if my food. I'm here till 5am. I'll have to get something at the gas station when my patrol officer comes to check on me.

I can't tell you how many times I did this lol
    Haha, tonight's meal prep was wasted. Work got busy so my only food was half a bag of chips and a sugar free monster.

And this lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Night crew is on. The only cases I've seen tonight were rechecks. Two were pretty upset clients. I had to swear at the one to get her to shut up and listen. She said she is going to report me to the board for that. I told her go ahead. I think she was surprised. She shut up and listened and it all worked out just fine.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Night crew is on. The only cases I've seen tonight were rechecks. Two were pretty upset clients. I had to swear at the one to get her to shut up and listen. She said she is going to report me to the board for that. I told her go ahead. I think she was surprised. She shut up and listened and it all worked out just fine.

You can learn SO much by listening and observing.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Do you ever have one of those days when you wonder why you don't just climb in the truck and head for parts unknown and hope no one ever finds you?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Do you ever have one of those days when you wonder why you don't just climb in the truck and head for parts unknown and hope no one ever finds you?

Yup. Hope it gets better.
  • bethanie0825
    Options

I wish the woman my partner and I are training would stop running her mouth and just listen. I don't know how she worked at the 911 center she came from with the attitude that she has; rude to us, the officers, brass, and the public. She's been here 6 weeks and my partner and I want to throw our hands up. Between my partner and I, we've trained at least 10 successful 911 telecommunicators. We've both tried different ways to help her and nothing is working. Yesterday our supervisor wanted us to throw the book at her and today wants us to coddle her.

I'm over it. I want to eat carbs, lay in bed, and wait for TOM to show up :tired_face:

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Been off work, on drugs (naproxin 500's and Tylenol 3's scrips), and can't do anything but read, listen to the radio, eat stuff I shouldn't because it's easy to handle with one arm/hand, and watch DVD's.
    Very badly strained deltoid and biceps on my dominant arm - done at work - I will be off for another week & 1/2 if all goes well. Come Monday I will have to deal with WorkSafe BC but they shouldn't give me too much problem as I just need to get paid time off and coverage for rehab facilities, it's not like this is going to cripple me for life.
    Going crazy because I need to balance resting my injured muscles with movement of joint or I will be sorry. I have a background in Physio Rehab so I will be doing my own physio, but I don't have access to a bunch of lovely machines - will be doing old skool stuff, lol.

OD'ing on those darned mini peppermint candy canes (they were on sale 800g for 50 cents - Christmas clearout), the only exercise I'm getting is squats up & down off the couch as I walk across the room to the covered wooden candy dish.

I'm left hand typing and mousing so pardon any weird spelling/grammar.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @canadjineh All is forgiven! :relaxed:

@bethanie0825 I know that training frustration. Had a waitress like that once. I don't know HOW she managed to EVER make money where she was at before. She didn't make money with us and quit 3 days out of training. :trollface:

I hope everyone's night is going fairly well. :smile: