Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,220 Member
    Options
    At least today is going better. I have three patients in overnight that I think will all go home in the AM.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    At least today is going better. I have three patients in overnight that I think will all go home in the AM.

WAHOO!

So, hour long commute be damned, I'm thinking about going in for an interview at Amazon.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    No luck at the post office huh?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    No luck at the post office huh?

Are you kidding? I totally got the job! They actually send me a paycheck for $0.00! :laugh:

They worked around my schedule for orientation, but when I went to get fingerprinted(orientation was going to be 2 days after this), the ACTUAL post master for Bastrop, Al, was a TOTAL DICK!

He acted like I was this MASSIVE inconvenience to him, like he didn't want me there, and then got mad at me for knowing how to fingerprint myself better than he did and for not following his instructions on how to fill out the fingerprint cards(he was trying to get me to fill them out incorrectly).

I work for a police department, I KNOW how to fingerprint people. Our officers practice often to stay well trained and who the HECK do you think their guinea pigs are?

So anyway when I missed orientation, Veronica called me and asked why, and I told her why, she said she would talk to Al's supervisor.

Then Al called me to ask why I didn't show for orientation(later the same day) and I said I didn't want to speak with him and if he wanted to know why I wasn't going to work for him, he could talk to Veronica White or his direct supervisor.

If you want someone to work for you, you should AT LEAST be nice to them until you have them through training.

Don't try and belittle me, treat me like I'm an inconvenience when YOU set the appointment for me to show up at YOUR convenience, and then try and get me to do the paperwork wrong when I CLEARLY know what I'm doing.
    I understand he had to be there to witness everything and all that but it was just ridiculous.

Veronica was SUPER nice about it though and asked if I liked Shelly, the woman who interviewed me, I said yes but she works in Gonzales. She said she didn't know how far Gonzales was from me but would I be willing to work for Shelly, I said I would but Gonzales is about an hour away and that wasn't going to be worth it for me to only be guaranteed 1 day of work a week. So Veronica said to call and let her know if anything changes and I said I would. :relaxed:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow! I know they are union, but I thought there was supposed to be support and a brotherhood among union members. What a jerk. I would agree with you on this one. If he is the one you would be working for, that's worse than what you have now.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Ugh what a douche! Sorry that's not working out right now. I bet something awesome comes along soon enough though.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I've worked in a few unions.... the truth is there is a lot of backstabbing and protection of position in a union shop. Too bad Bex, but it IS a good sign that they pretty well offered you another position... you might want to keep in touch with Veronica or Shelly.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I can't thank my staff enough for the work they do. They put up with some of the strangest stuff and still make people feel like they are our best customers. We had a lady on the phone for 30 minutes looking through glucometers at the pharmacy for her dog. When she was done, she thanked my tech and said, "I can't believe you would spend that much time helping me when you don't even know me." I can believe it. If they have the time, my staff would spend as much time as needed to help people help their pets.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I figure it's about time we had a 'back to nature' pole (well, tree) dance.... all us outdoorsy people 'n all. https://youtube.com/watch?v=8CnFo7qinng&mc_cid=460f2f755c&mc_eid=44a254b5fc Thanks to BBC's Planet Earth II in the Canadian Rockies.
    Alpine Club of Canada email in my inbox, lol.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I like the one that is driving into the tree with his shoulder. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    @canadjineh -that's funny!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    @canadjineh That was a great way to start off my OT shift tonight! :lol:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    And to end my OT shift...

o8xe0pvv6pio.jpg

Hahaha, this is me right now. My meal prep food had gone bad apparently so I was going to lift and go home to eat right after work. Now, at 0200 I'm going to be working ot (after already working out).... gas station foods starting to sound really good.
  • MoriahJN
    MoriahJN Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I don't just eat when I'm bored....I want to eat all the time because food is just too freakin good! ;P
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm telling you, it doesn't matter tonight how much health food I eat, I can't get satified without chocolate.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I'm telling you, it doesn't matter tonight how much health food I eat, I can't get satified without chocolate.
    I had that day yesterday, except it was with wine...
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I've had 2 pieces of cake every day for the last 3 days. I am a little bit regret, but not really. I love cake.
  • bethanie0825
    Options

I had this issue yesterday with chips...I almost ate all the chips
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I swear it is some alignment of the planets or some cosmic rays from planet sweet tooth. Today has been much better. :smile: