Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,217 Member
    Options
    Little dog made it! Yeah! He's going to be really sore for awhile. It's going to take awhile for the hole in the top of his head to heal as well, but at least he's alive and doing well.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yay!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    So far on my new job, Wednesday is my favorite because I don't have class until 1:25, so I get am extra couple hours sleep, plus I have just enough time to squeeze in a run between school and work.

Also, my mom got me flowers, chocolate, a teddy bear, and a card for Valentine's Day. How sweet is she?!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I always question when someone says their ill behaved dog is a therapy dog. What kind of therapy would involve having a wound up dog that will bite you?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    It does seem like the standards for what qualified an animal as a therapy or support animal are getting very relaxed. Brb, I think imma adopt a therapy guppy.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I always question when someone says their ill behaved dog is a therapy dog. What kind of therapy would involve having a wound up dog that will bite you?

Aversion therapy, hahahaha!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Why do meth heads always come in after 2 AM?
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    So I have zero issues with rodents as long as they stay outside and do not come into my house lmao

@sufferlandrian I'm glad the little dog made it! And most people up at the time of night either work in public safety, security, food service, or they're drug addicts.

@jennifer_417 :lol: Therapy guppy

In other news, I'm still sick but back at work. Why does it seem that the better I feel, the worse I sound? I sounded fine when I left on Saturday but felt like I'd been hit by a truck. I feel alright today and sound like death. Kinda feel bad for the people on the other end of the phone/radio
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    So, I'm a little freaked out rn. I know one of my supervisors told me it was ok to sleep, but while I was taking a nap earlier, someone came and closed the gate here, which means that a supervisor was here, and I slept right through it. Hope I'm not in trouble...
  • Xvapor
    Xvapor Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    That would suck
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Indeed. I don't think I will be, but I wish I at least knew which supervisor had been here. I was sleeping during a time that no one usually comes
  • canadjineh
    Options
    I don't know, Jenn... Unless you have it in writing, it's really not a good idea to take a nap on a security job... I hope things work out for you. We have to do rounds and write an hourly report on our static sites even 'deserted' construction sites. Maybe the rules are different for your job. Keep us apprised. :)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I think I would dispense with the naps. At least for now. The idea of anyone sneaking up on you, supervisor or otherwise is a bit creepy.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Well, my patrol officer didn't say anything when I signed in, so I'm going to take that as a good sign. Still, not planning on napping tonight and will probably hold my breath until Monday or Tuesday.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    I have to do some residential checks this weekend, (break-ins in the neighbourhood and owners away for the winter), and one of the residents at a Senior Living Condo is under 'house arrest' so I am support backup for our on-floor security. Ahh, the weirdness never ends :p
  • brianapc
    brianapc Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    No nightshift..I just can't sleep. Does that count?
  • canadjineh
    Options
    If you are up at night, join in! Welcome @brianapc.
  • brianapc
    brianapc Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Thanks so much I'm honored :)
  • MegaTunez11
    MegaTunez11 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Nightshift here. Ill join you folks. :)