Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Nightshift here. Ill join you folks. :)

Welcome! What do you so?
    brianapc wrote: »
    No nightshift..I just can't sleep. Does that count?

If you're awake, you belong!
  • MegaTunez11
    MegaTunez11 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Federal officer for a Federal prison
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Welcome all to the night shift! Careful with your naps ;)
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm a fed too, but I'm off for the next 4, I'll catch up with you all when I get back
  • MegaTunez11
    MegaTunez11 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    sweet. night man
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    No animal stories tonight???
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Raccoons trotted through our carport and across our yard to get to the field behind us... a great set of prints the other morning when I got home.
    9iqsnmakp213.jpg
    hwctriyfgjqs.jpg

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,217 Member
    Options
    No good stories from the animal kingdom tonight. It's quiet enough I got 15 miles on the exercise bike. I hate when the data wont transmit across the WiFi. :frowning:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    No school or work till Tuesday! Yay!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Had surgery on the 17th and I'm at work tonight. Should be a short 8 hours. I made the transfer to OTC pain meds fairly quick. Bosses are being adamant that if I need more time, I should take it but I feel REALLY good.

We'll see how that plays out at the end of the shift. :laugh:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Why is it when I have the test results right in front of me that breeders will still argue that I'm wrong and that they know what is wrong with the puppy.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    brianapc wrote: »
    No nightshift..I just can't sleep. Does that count?

I'm a daywalker now but I'm def still here. Nightshift rocks!!!
    BodyByBex wrote: »
    Had surgery on the 17th and I'm at work tonight. Should be a short 8 hours. I made the transfer to OTC pain meds fairly quick. Bosses are being adamant that if I need more time, I should take it but I feel REALLY good.

We'll see how that plays out at the end of the shift. :laugh:

And holy cow!!
    Why is it when I have the test results right in front of me that breeders will still argue that I'm wrong and that they know what is wrong with the puppy.

People suck. And they're stubborn.

I'm finally feeling better so I'll hopefully be stalking this thread more than in the past week! :lol:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    @bethanie0825 -glad you're feeling better!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    So an interesting story. The Parvo puppy I treated did well. She is home, playing and holding down food and water. The owner kept getting calls from the breeder telling him it wasn't Parvo. This morning he asked how the other puppies were doing. Four of them have died. The owner is glad he brought the puppy in and upset with the breeder for being so stubborn.
  • bethanie0825
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @sufferlandrian Just wow...

@jennifer_417 Thanks :smile:
  • breannemarie1993
    breannemarie1993 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wow! I would have loved this back when I did nightshifts damn!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    What a slow night. It was really nice. We had a coaster pet (only needs fluids IV) in so the techs just kept monitoring him and I actually fell asleep for a couple hours. I feel great! Now it's time to go home and get some more sleep. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I get to take a surprise trip to Ohio tomorrow. Time for a little back story: my mom had surgery on her ankle back in November. It went fine. Developed C-diff and was treating it at home; however it didn't clear up and she ended up in the hospital, severely dehydrated. After about a week, they get it under control so she goes home. Less than a week later she's back in the hospital bc her cellulitis flared up. After another week, she goes home. Returns to work and seems to be healing.

Fast forward to 4am and I wake up to a text from my brother that she's back in the hospital bc the cellulitis flared again and in a new spot, along with a high fever.

I am not amused. So I get to make a 9hr drive tomorrow. At least the weather is looking nice...
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I'll bet that breeder just doesn't want the expense and responsibility of dealing with parvo. Hopefully they wise up before they lose all of their puppies.

@bethanie0825 -hope everything goes ok with your mom. At least it's good traveling weather. Keep us updated!

@BodyByBex -how goes the recovery?
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian Hope the breeder wises up. Enjoy your sleep!

@bethanie0825 I hope your mom gets well soon and STAYS well. Should be nice travel weather. I hope the drive doesn't wear on you too much. Driving wears me out sometimes.

@jennifer_417 , and anyone else who is curious, recovery is going well. I still can't lift anything over 25 pounds until Saturday. The doctor says I wont hurt anything but I'm just going to follow his orders to be safe. I will likely start out with body weight stuff, like yoga or a pilates video, before I get back into lifting. I feel kind of like I could restart C25K on Thursday.
    I think because I was so active before the surgery, it REALLY helped with my recovery. Still some bleeding but apparently that can happen for up to a MONTH! :scream:
    I'll be having my post op doctor appointment soon.

We had to euthanize a chimp on Monday. The campus had a dark cloud over it. No one likes losing any of the chimps, even if it truly is in the best interest of the animal. Moose had a good long life and has many children from back when they bred chimps in captivity. He was a cool dude. Liked to play dumb and many techs here thought he was bran damaged but he knew what was up. Moose was not a fool and his trainer, and the night techs, knew it.

The decision was hard but necessary. Moose had reached a quality of life point where they knew he wasn't going to get any better or continue in a happy and comfortable way without extreme intervention. There will be a memorial ceremony in the memory garden on Wednesday morning(tomorrow).