Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    OMG, @jennifer_417 block this stalker! My SIL is going through this right now (my brother's widow) except the guy is in person too f2f. Scary! I was stalked 25 years ago. RCMP had to bug my phone - he ended up in jail for something else. They let me know where he was and I haven't had a prob since.
    1 hr and 15 min left..... I need to drink more of my water to meet my March Challenge. I did make my goal of not eating after midnight (finished at 11:30).
  • JZygmunt72
    JZygmunt72 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    add me if youd like! id love to see more night shift diaries on my feed
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    @BodyByBex Good to hear that your recovery is going well and that you can start working out again, that's always awesome! I was sorry to read that Moose had to be put to sleep.
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Some people should not be allowed to own pets (or get pregnant & have children.... but that's a whole other subject, lol.)

I can't begin to tell you how many times I've had this exact thought lol

My trip to Ohio went smoothly up and back. When I arrived Wednesday, my mom was still in an ER room; she ended up spending 36 hours down in the ER before a room opened up upstairs. Her fever had broken so they were getting antibiotics and fluid in her and watching for fever, as well as making sure the rash didn't spread. I spent time with her there as well as at her house, taking care of the doggies. The infectious disease dr's wanted medication and internal medicine wanted to do surgery (they want to remove a bunch of scar tissue from a previous surgery bc that's where the infection seems to live). Her regular dr wanted surgery too seeing as this is visit #3 in 30 days.

They end up releasing her Saturday afternoon. We're all a bit confused as to why but okay. My mom contacts her regular dr and leaves a message with his answering service. Fast forward to Monday morning; I'm driving home and get a call. My mom's regular dr had called her and said she needed to be seen at noon.

Apparently my mom was d@mn near septic and no one told us. NO ONE cared to mention this to me, my brother's, or her for that matter. WTF!?!?!?!?

Make sense as to why they didn't do surgery; she would've died. They didn't call her dr and consult him in anyway. He read this in the notes they sent over after she was discharged. SERIOUSLY

So the plan is to keep her on meds for 4 months and let her body rest and recovery. Hopefully she'll be able to fight off the infection, and then surgery to clear everything out. She's lost a bunch of weight so she'll get a tummy tuck too.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    OK, I officially blocked the FB weirdo, after 3 different people told me I should. I never felt any danger from him, but the whole thing was just too ridiculous.
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Just checking in... Not a whole lot of change here.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    JZygmunt72 wrote: »
    add me if youd like! id love to see more night shift diaries on my feed

I'd add but I don't fill in my diary any more.... maintenance mode :) You are welcome to friend tho if you still want to. I eat low carb, relatively high fat, moderate protein.

• TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    @JZygmunt72 I have been working nights since I started my weight loss journey. I will share my typical eating practice. I wake at 3pm and on my way to work, I have a protein bar (lunch). I eat dinner between 9-10, having a snack of a banana or an apple if I get hungry before dinner (sometimes I have almonds). I do drink coffee from about 6p-midnight, which I think helps also with hunger. Dinner usually consists of brown rice alone, or chicken and brown rice. I smoke a lot of stuff also, so I will also measure out 8oz of pulled pork and I usually use the 90 second rice packets for convenience. If I get a sweet tooth, I may have a 90 cal fiber one brownie, or an 80 cal pouch of fruit snacks. I work out around 1am and afterwords have a protein shake made with cashew milk (breakfast). Everything that I ate after midnight I logged on a new day. If it is a lifting day, I will eat Greek yogurt before I go to bed. Like @canadjineh I do not log in my diary daily, and I am a little more liberal with my calories since I am in maintenance, but it still looks pretty similar to this. Hope this helps you or anyone else that reads this.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    Wow Bethanie, I can't believe no one let you know she was septic. That would have been good to know if for no other reason, so you could be prepared if the worse happened.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    @bethanie0825 - saying a prayer for your mama!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Wow Bethanie, I can't believe no one let you know she was septic. That would have been good to know if for no other reason, so you could be prepared if the worse happened.
    @bethanie0825 - saying a prayer for your mama!

Yeah, it was a little scary when I found out; and I found out as I was driving thru VA lol. And thank you for the prayers. She just got some good news from work. They approved her short term disability so she can get the rest her body needs.

As for me, I'm trying to get thru this day so I can start my weekend. My work partner left me with 2 grumpy, older women who don't like each other. :lol: I'm training one so I had to get on the other and basically smack her hand for interfering. I don't think it'll ever get easier scolding someone older than I am.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Yeah, you can't really treat adults like children even if they are acting like one, lol.
    Keep us filled in on how your mom gets along, Bethanie. Parental health issues are so stressful.
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Wow, feel like I've missed a lot, reading back!
    Had shoulder surgery and got signed off for a month, which all went really well and the time off was lovely.... now back at work and struggling to remember how to vet/nightshift. So tired.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    @LittleMissAlx - glad you're healing up-welcome back!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I have a threshold test tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Wow, feel like I've missed a lot, reading back!
    Had shoulder surgery and got signed off for a month, which all went really well and the time off was lovely.... now back at work and struggling to remember how to vet/nightshift. So tired.

This was me after vacay/surgery. Glad you're healing up @LittleMissAlx .

@bethanie0825 Would have been nice if SOMEONE had informed you of how serious your mother's condition actually was. I hope she manages to get all of the rest she needs and makes a swift(and permanent) recovery. Also, I was all :laugh: at the tummy tuck being thrown in there. :lol: I know she has no idea who I am, but congratulate her on the weight loss for me!

@jennifer_417 I'm glad you blocked the creeper. :heart: As you are a young, attractive, and intelligent woman, it will likely happen again. Be prepared. :wink:

I feel the Wells Fargo interview went well but I wont know for 1-2 weeks as they move on to background checks on all the applicants that they like. So, we'll see how it goes. There are 2 positions open and 40-something applicants that they interviewed total.

I'm definitely applying for other opportunities because I can't stand putting all my eggs in one basket. Unless I'm in the hen house gathering eggs, then I prefer to only use one basket. :tongue:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @BodyByBex - With everything Wells Fargo is going through right now, I'm surprised they dont' have more jobs available. Seems like they are canning a lot of people for filling out fraudulent credit aplications.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Yeah! The FTP test is done! :smile: Increased my power threshold from 218 to 238. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    OK, I'm officially having a 'moment' tonight.... What's FTP?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @BodyByBex - With everything Wells Fargo is going through right now, I'm surprised they dont' have more jobs available. Seems like they are canning a lot of people for filling out fraudulent credit aplications.

Well, I want to work in Bastrop, not Austin, so that makes a difference. Unfortunately, their tuition reimbursement is only for degrees in business and finance(stuff that bankers do) but I will make scholarships a priority after a couple of semesters.
    Now that I have a degree goal in mind, I am pushing forward and things are going relatively smooth.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    OK, I'm officially having a 'moment' tonight.... What's FTP?

Functional Threshold Power (FTP) represents your ability to sustain the highest possible power output over 45 to 60 minutes, depending on whether you're a trained athlete or not. As a result 95% of the 20 minute average power is used to determine FTP.