Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• ristinadurivage
    ristinadurivage Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    TK6299 wrote: »
    On my middle night of three... and tomorrow (today) gets to be a 14 hr one... oh boy..

I get up at 10 pm and finally get to go to sleep around 4 pm. I have three little kids at home 5 yo and under. I only get to sleep at 4 bc my 14 yo comes home and watches them till my husband gets home. But I sleep about 12 hours my first night off.
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Ugh, sound like an awful schedule.
  • ristinadurivage
    Options
    Well, bills need to be paid. No other option. Oh well.
  • TK6299
    Options
    I understand... Ok, I am out... time to go to the gym.
  • ristinadurivage
    Options
    Have fun!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I would rather ride in the rain or in sub freezing temps than ride the stationary bikes. Unfortunately, my work schedule makes it so I can't always ride on the road so I got a really good one with a lot of adjustments. That keeps my seat, hips and shoulders from hurting. Hip pain is usually a seat too high. Knee pain is usually a seat too low.

He got one that adjusts a lot too; thank you for the advice bc I know very little about riding and what's more comfy. :+1:

Hi new peeps!! I'm a nightshifter who switched to days and it sucks *kitten*

I'm a glutton for punishment as I'm working OT today.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Ooh thanks for the tip @sufferlandrian!
  • TK6299
    Options
    4 1/2 hours down, 11 1/2 to go....
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    6.5 down here, 5.5 to go! yaaaay!
  • TK6299
    Options
    4.5 tic...tic...tic
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    Just finished a 14 day run. Why am I up??? Went to bed at 9 PM and was wide awake by 1 AM.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Just finished a 14 day run. Why am I up??? Went to bed at 9 PM and was wide awake by 1 AM.

You're broken....

Normally don't work Wednesday nights but we had qualifications for firearms so I'm covering. They gave me Friday night off in exchange. Don't know what I'll do with a Friday night off...I haven't had one in a LOOOOOOOOOOONNNNG time....
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    3.5 hours to go!
  • TK6299
    Options
    45 min left... whew....
  • Itisibigj39
    Itisibigj39 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    A week off from night shift...bliss!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    A week off from night shift...bliss!
    Must be nice...

Our Night Animal Techs work 8 days straight(10 hours) and then get 6 days off. I want THAT schedule!

They work Wednesday to Wednesday. I think it's beautiful.

But maybe I only think I want it because I don't have it. Then again, I have worked 12 hour days for 10 days straight before and only having 2 days off after that was not enough.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    BodyByBex wrote: »

You're broken....

Normally don't work Wednesday nights but we had qualifications for firearms so I'm covering. They gave me Friday night off in exchange. Don't know what I'll do with a Friday night off...I haven't had one in a LOOOOOOOOOOONNNNG time....

You'll find something to do. Clean house. Drive mom around. Try a new recipe.... :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I always spend them sleeping! Except this week, when I agreed to work some extra hours. Good thing Spring break is next week.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    'Good mornin' all, lol. Starting set of nights tonight.... glad I had 4 nights off as I am sore and exhausted and tummy keeps randomly acting up. Something niggling in the back of my head tells me maybe I should get tested for parasites... not feeling up to par since we got back from 3 wks in Jamaica in December (and no, we didn't stay at all-inclusives).
    Here's hopes for healthy pets and healthy co-workers this week.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Lots of storms moving through just north of where I am. It rained really hard for about 20 minutes.