Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I've been on evenings/nights for the most part for the last 12 years. I got put on dayshift this week for a training class. Talk about completely screwing up my world. I forgot how much I hate working days.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    @alleeehill2 - Since I go to school during the day and work overnights, I log midnight-to-midnight, just because it's simpler to keep track.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    alleehill2 wrote: »
    Yes I did. Last night was anything but boring. Pretty sure I burned some calories here at work tonight. Now I'm ready for bed, but not going to happen for a few more hours. I have to take my daughter to the dr for and MRI for her migraines. Curious...what schedules are followed for working out? and eating? When you log here do you log from midnight or from YOUR am? Hope my questions make sense.

I log mine from midnight to midnight. I also renamed my meals and changed them to 4 hour periods. 12a-4a, 4a-8a and so on. Made it much easier when I was working nights. Now I work days but it's 6a-6p so I don't typically eat my meals when everyone else does.
    I got the museum gig! I'm pretty excited!

WOOHOO!!!!

My first world problem of the day; MFP and my fitbit have quit speaking to each other. I'm getting zero calories for the buttload of steps I've been taking the last several days. And I've just upped my weight loss to 2lbs a week so my calories of dropped; I need every extra calorie I can get!
  • alleehill2
    alleehill2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesome good to know. That's how I was doing everything too. thank you.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,212 Member
    Options
    @alleehill2 - I usually try and train before going to work so I'm not training tired, but sometimes I just can't get it in before work. Those days I train on my lunch time at work.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    It's pretty cool to be alone in an art museum, even if I can't access most of the exhibits!
  • ristinadurivage
    ristinadurivage Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So... What's everyones weather doing? Here in Erie it is snowing and wind blowing. Lots of snow drifts. The city FINALLY got to plowing. You would think living in PA that they would of been prepared! Just like in January when we got our first big snow. They for some reason were not prepping the roads before it hit. I don't understand government.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    It snowed for a decent part of the day today, but it thankfully wasn't cold enough for it to stick. I just hope we don't get any ice overnight. Bleck.
  • ristinadurivage
    ristinadurivage Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Some parts are pretty icy here. Especially on side roads. Like they don't want to use salt for us.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    alleehill2 wrote: »
    Yes I did. Last night was anything but boring. Pretty sure I burned some calories here at work tonight. Now I'm ready for bed, but not going to happen for a few more hours. I have to take my daughter to the dr for and MRI for her migraines. Curious...what schedules are followed for working out? and eating? When you log here do you log from midnight or from YOUR am? Hope my questions make sense.

I log midnight to midnight as well. When I wake up I eat and log it as Lunch. Dinner is my last meal before midnight. Breakfast is my post workout protein which is around 2am.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Can I just say that I've been cutting back on my carbs and sugar intake (not so much on purpose, more bc I cut back on my calories and it just kinda happened that way lol) and I'm flipping tired? I'm not doing anything close to low carb but just cutting back is kicking my @ss.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    This seems to be the time of day that I most vividly start fantasizing about food. Donuts, burgers, steak, pizza. What would you eat right if anything you chose was calorie-free?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Still alive! I think I'm on the upswing with this flu. I'm feeling almost human again. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I want a big burger and fries...and milkshake

@sufferlandrian Good to hear!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm ready for a four egg western omelet. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options