Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    @JuStDoIt87 - I am one of the fortunate folks. I usually work out before work. I have some good stuff in my garage at home. I also have a lot of stuff for working out at work. If we have a slow night, I can slip in a workout here and sleep in a couple more hours at home. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    JuStDoIt87 wrote: »
    I work a 6p-6a. When do you find time to exercise and what type of exercise do you do? Do you workout right after. . Before work ect?

I worked night shift for 2 years. I'm a 911 dispatcher. Our center has consoles that raise up so we can stand; we have wireless handsets so I can walk around if I want. I will walk in place, do squats at my console, do steps on onto the footrest. We are very lucky that we can take an hour for lunch so I can hit the gym here at the dept or go walk around the neighborhood next to it.

Now I'm on days but I try to keep up moving at least once an hour and use my hour to workout. Then I don't feel like I need to squeeze it in before or after shift. I was always too tired to do it after I'd get home at 630a and didn't have time when I woke up.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    What's an instant pot? It would be understandable if you wrote "I got instant pot" (you've got a friend with drugs lol)....
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    What's an instant pot? It would be understandable if you wrote "I got instant pot" (you've got a friend with drugs lol)....

I had to Google it...but it's sorta like a pressure cooker?
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I had to Google it too. I think it slow cooks, sautés, pressure cooks...it does all the things it seems lol. I kinda want one now; I had no idea such a thing existed!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I had to Google it too. I think it slow cooks, sautés, pressure cooks...it does all the things it seems lol. I kinda want one now; I had no idea such a thing existed!

It does ALL the things!

I've only cooked two things in it so far.
    I basically ate ALL the vegetarian chili myself... I shared a LITTLE... I think....
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Woohoo an official night shift tread! Hi everyone! -waves-
  • kendall916
    Options
    I recently bought acai berry oil I'm thinking of using my slow cooker to cook some chicken then use the oil as a
    Glaze
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Acai berry oil??? @kendall916 do tell. It's not a juice but an actual oil? Where did you find that, links please :p
    BTW, welcome to the night shift thread: 200_s.gif
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Do you ever have one of those nights that you would like to take caffeine, but you know it won't help:?
  • canadjineh
    Options
    So, do it anyhow @sufferlandrian.
    Best%252520coffee%252520quotes%252520pics%252520images%252520pictures%252520photos%252520%252520%25252830%252529.jpg
  • kendall916
    Options
    Do you ever have one of those nights that you would like to take caffeine, but you know it won't help:?

Every time I'm on graveyard shift. My problem is that if I drink coffee I crash hard! :-(

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    @canadjineh - I love the meme. :smile:
    Well, I'm stocked up on tranquilizers. Expecting a lot of anxious pets once the fireworks start.
  • bethanie0825
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @canadjineh - I love the meme. :smile:
    Well, I'm stocked up on tranquilizers. Expecting a lot of anxious pets once the fireworks start.

I'm very happy to not be working tonight. I'm gonna miss my favorite game: Gunshots or fireworks
    kendall916 wrote: »
    Woohoo an official night shift tread! Hi everyone! -waves-

*waves* :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It happens every year but I never get used to it. People come in with sick pets but they spent everything they had on Christmas presents for the family. Now there is nothing to treat the pets with and we end up putting a lot of them down. Maybe that's why I hate the holidays.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    It happens every year but I never get used to it. People come in with sick pets but they spent everything they had on Christmas presents for the family. Now there is nothing to treat the pets with and we end up putting a lot of them down. Maybe that's why I hate the holidays.

I guess the holidays wouldn't be my fave either, if I had to face that every year...:'-(
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Had a gal in here that was so tired, she couldn't even remember that she was here two years ago with her dog. I hope she remembers we have her cat.
  • Terra_Incognita
    Terra_Incognita Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year night shifters!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Happy New Year!
  • elpint0r
    elpint0r Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    nightshifter here! 12 hours D: