Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    why does he take it? for Anxiety? to calm him?
    I just finished reading a really interesting book: Pets On the Couch by Nicholas Dodman DVM.
    I never knew autistic Bull Terriers are a 'thing.'
    Also Labs with Anxiety disorders.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,239 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    We get a lot of shepherds with anxiety disorders. This dog was taking it for urethral spasms. He can't pee when the urethra has spasms. He has been able to work through it before with relaxation but he has gotten to the point where meds are needed. Now the meds will need to be adjusted. :smile: He was placed on Prazosin. It's a smooth muscle relaxant.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Jello dogs! That sounds like a weird party food, or maybe some type of shot.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I had to Google 'Jello dogs', well... just because.
    787514167d6223b02e04e15bb9afb907.jpg

Lol!
  • crtaylor7997
    crtaylor7997 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else on this thread work a swing shift?
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Bahahahahah :lol::lol: I love that picture!!!

I had a permanent night shift. It seems like pretty much everyone does except for us converted daywalkers
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I had to Google 'Jello dogs', well... just because.
    787514167d6223b02e04e15bb9afb907.jpg

That's hilarious! It looks just like the Chihuahua from yesterday. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Does anyone else on this thread work a swing shift?

I work night shifts when I work during the week and 62 straight hours on the weekends.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    We have different shifts, different time zones, and a few insomniacs! If you're awake, you're one of us!
  • jennifer_417
    edited March 2017
    Options
    aeu6nosnof8e.png
    I thought this was funny, but I forget my sense of humor can be a bit dark. What say youse guise?
  • KourageousKarina
    KourageousKarina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Hi....

I'm Karina and I'm new... Lol
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Hi....

I'm Karina and I'm new... Lol

Welcome! What do you do?
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Alright. So one thing I did not expect entering the world of financials...this place is DIRTY!

I'm already itching to ask my manager, Dan, if I can go in on Saturday and clean the kitchen because some of us would like to, I dunno.... USE IT! With it in it's current state... it is...uhm... :cold_sweat::mask:

Other than that, the job is about as boring as I anticipated. *shrug*

Chad put in for demotion.
    He doesn't want to be a sergeant anymore, and because we have no officer positions open, he may have to move back to Houston.
    Bright side, he said he would rather quit and take a huge pay cut than move to Houston away from "all this" *While gesturing at me, the apartment, all the green trees, and Bailey*
    I respect him more for realizing that the position was making him miserable and asking for a change that will make him less miserable. But I also hate the idea that him going to Houston is such a strong possibility. And yet I'm also happy that he would derail his career, retirement, and current lifestyle(He tends to live a little extravagantly) to stay closer to me by quitting.

I am at a loss as to which emotions are at the forefront because they each are taking turns and part of me wonders if this is him going through some sort of mid-life crisis thing. He did just turn 40.... :grimace:

If none of the sergeants, or people eligible to promote to sergeant, want to move out here to the detachment, then Officer Carr will take the promotion and Chad will drop down and take Carr's officer position at the detachment.
    That is the "ideal" scenario. But we all know that nothing in life is really ideal or goes exactly how we want it to go.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    So my supervisor discovered last night why so many people cut through the parking lot here all freaking night long. He asked someone who was weirdly creeping through at about 5:30 am. Turns out? There's a Pokémon gym out there. SMH.

@BodyByBex -the times, they are a'changin! You've got a lot going on! Did you tell us what job you took and I just missed it?
  • canadjineh
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Haha, Jen. I get a crowd of regular Pokemon-Goers in the Marine park on my shift. Well, maybe not so much a crowd anymore, just the die-hards. For a while last year it was crazy all over town. It was hard to tell if people were texting their Dial-a-Dope or just running around 'capturing' Pokemon characters. I had to remind a few people that the parking lots they were in were private property and the owners ask that they move on. We don't bother with them on the municipal park property though, even though technically the park is closed after 10 pm. Just mark down descriptions and vehicle plates on our patrol logs.

I don't know Bex... doesn't sound like a midlife crisis to me. Actually Chad sounds like he is very in touch with what truly makes him happy. It isn't all about the money or prestige of a position, it should be about what you enjoy doing and who you enjoy being with. Good for him, I say! I hope the favored scenario works out for both of you! BTW, definitely clean the kitchen, no coworker will ever say no to someone else cleaning the staff kitchen, lol. That's why it's in the state it's in in the first place, NO ONE wants to clean it up. They will be eternally grateful ;)

Hi Karina!

I'm back on shift tonight, but the d*mn schedule isn't in for April yet :o although I did let the super know which days I needed off for other plans. That is one thing I like about this job. They are very accommodating for any time off you want.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    We go through the kitchen and clean every Friday. We throw out moldy or spoiled food and people still complain that we threw it out.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    We go through the kitchen and clean every Friday. We throw out moldy or spoiled food and people still complain that we threw it out.

They are growing antibacterials for the vet patients, couldn't you tell??? >:)
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    ckkidgxqxkvm.jpg
    This needs to be a thing.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    We keep our kitchen clean. There's only 10 of us that use it so it's easier to keep up with. And thankfully everyone is pretty good about taking their food with them. If it's gross, it gets tossed. Sorry not sorry.

And I def need a social anxiety weather app :+1: