Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    That reminds me... the frogs are out of hibernation by the pond in the field next door... what a deafening racket. I love it though, it means spring is really here (even though it snowed today just up the mountain from us.)
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,215 Member
    Options
    It snowed yesterday and today here. Expecting rain tomorrow. Makes getting excited about the weather tough.
  • merrysailor88
    merrysailor88 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I've been doing night shift for years now. Before that I was on third shift. I've worked some day shifts here and there, but honestly.... it's not for me.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I tried dayshifts for about a year and a half. That was about all I could handle. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I keep trying to go to day shift, and somehow always end up back on nights. I like it, though!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Why does it feel like a weekend already? I'm not ready for a 48 hour shift.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Don't call and ask if your pet should be seen and then say you can't come in. I'm telling you there is nothing you can do from home unless your house is equipped with a full surgical suite and an ICU unit. If your dog can't breathe, get it in here!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Ugh. Humans.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I think some of my supplements are helping my biking but trashing my sleep. Time to go back to just vitamins and probiotics and see what happens.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    l692g0sci6xo.jpg
    Keeping myself entertained at work.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    l692g0sci6xo.jpg
    Keeping myself entertained at work.

Wow! That's impressive. :)
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Awesome file folder Jen!! Now on the next shift, you need to colour it in, lol.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Here's what some of the crew have been doing the past 6 days/nights (onsite security 24 hr coverage -2 shifts of 12)... mudslide due to too much rain and snowmelt above a creek drainage. Two houses wrecked, luckily no one killed but some non-life-threatening injuries. Local community is gathering supplies and clothing etc for the two families. Geotechs say we just have to wait and watch til it all stabilizes. Likely a couple more weeks...
    12 inch diam. tree through the 1 house.
    77mvknedis3h.jpg
    qysoa0vnzu4d.jpg

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    Yikes! Glad there were no fatalities.
  • jennifer_417
    edited April 2017
    Options
    That's intense!
  • BalerionTheBlackDread
    BalerionTheBlackDread Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Night nurse here ;)
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Mornin'! Welcome to the newbie! Hopefully you'll evening is quiet.
    One of my co-workers went off the road and into the lake with his truck last night heading for his shift at the slide. It was pouring with rain and very dark and he couldn't quite see the corner properly. The Honda Ridgeline was totalled, luckily he wasn't too badly hurt. Poor guy!
    Tonight it's -1 C but at least it's dry and clear.
    Lots of action for the RCMP tonight. DUI's, drug sales, accidents. The tow trucks have been working hard.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    What? Drunk Canadian? Say it isn't so. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    OK. I've eaten all my food and I still have 7 1/2 hours go to. I'm in deep trouble. :frowning:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    What? Drunk Canadian? Say it isn't so. :smile:

:D